St Johnstone vs Dundee - 13/09/14

Isn't Kane a similar type striker to Maclean? Perhaps should have got him involved when it was clear you were not creating anything and he appeared threatening against us last season.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Kane a similar type striker to Maclean? Perhaps should have got him involved when it was clear you were not creating anything and he appeared threatening against us last season.

Kanes at Dumbarton

Nothing like each other.

Have to say I wonder why now - even from the few minutes I've seen of him he looks streets ahead of Morgan as a striker

Yup, Morgans like a scared wee boy while Kanes at least got the physicality about him. Totally bizarre why we've bothered to persist with Morgan tbh

I could understand we wanted to give Kane regular first team football though

On paper, St Johnstone's team are a team of average, experienced journeymen. And today, and I know it appears to have been an off day, they played like that too. Dundee were in complete control throughout and never threatened once. We didn't create a huge deal but I think we could have had St Johnstone been more threatening as I don't think we were playing flat out.

Cracking day out and a cracking win. Irvine had O'Halloran in his pocket for the duration and then Croft was just dreadful. Gary McDonald's got a square head, his headers are atrocious. St Johnstone didn't look like the worst team we've ever played but their was zero creativity and zero threat. Certainly not going to go down as a classic. Just a comfortable route.

Tears and seethe everywhere from these boring fermer c***s.

Thought we played well and limited them to opportunity's. Konrad and McPake are solid and Irvine was excellent again today. Harkins showboating was tremendous at times, Greg Stewart was also excellent but my MOTM would have to be wee Gowser he was everywhere today.

St Johnstone fans really are fannys, they got the pissed ripped out of them with that stupid clappy thing and 'we hate Dundee' song. Fucking idiots.

Overtook them in the league and am really looking forward to the derby. Bring on the DABS.

Well done dundee, we deserved nothing from that. Harkins played great today - looks like a junior player til he get the ball; wins headers, skilful on the deck and an intelligent player. On today's performance, not seen him much before.

Why do we set up so negatively for a home game? Different if we were playing celtic, I could understand it. We looked totally devoid of ideas and don't think we had a shot at goal.

The mini-rangers fans were singing a bit at the end, but thought they would have been a bit noisier when their teams doing better than they've done in a few years. Shows the difference a good manager can make for a team. Would guess about 2700 away support?

The drum and slow clap is great, it's all the rage on the continent, as maybe one day you'll get to experience. Nice to see dundee fans joining in, though when your full song repetoire is hullo hullo we are the Derry boys, and no one likes us we don't care, I can understand why you would want to join in with anything different.

Come on lads, not at the wind up, but surely you can do better than that?!

PauloPerth, on 13 Sept 2014 - 19:48, said:

Well done dundee, we deserved nothing from that. Harkins played great today - looks like a junior player til he get the ball; wins headers, skilful on the deck and an intelligent player. On today's performance, not seen him much before.

Why do we set up so negatively for a home game? Different if we were playing celtic, I could understand it. We looked totally devoid of ideas and don't think we had a shot at goal.

The mini-rangers fans were singing a bit at the end, but thought they would have been a bit noisier when their teams doing better than they've done in a few years. Shows the difference a good manager can make for a team. Would guess about 2700 away support?

The drum and slow clap is great, it's all the rage on the continent, as maybe one day you'll get to experience. Nice to see dundee fans joining in, though when your full song repetoire is hullo hullo we are the Derry boys, and no one likes us we don't care, I can understand why you would want to join in with anything different.

Come on lads, not at the wind up, but surely you can do better than that?!

We had around 3500 apparently according to Stuart Cosgrove and had a bit more than St Johnstone did.

Also, you're fucking mental if you think the drum and slow clap is great.

On a previous occasion whilst at a Dundee v St Johnstone game nearing full time, despite being behind at the time, the Dundee supporters indulged in some fairly exuberant celebrations after Partick Thistle scored a late winner, Did the Dundee fans celebrate the Partick Thistle goals and Partick Thistle's win today?

We had around 3500 apparently according to Stuart Cosgrove and had a bit more than St Johnstone did.

Also, you're fucking mental if you think the drum and slow clap is great.

The sections your fans had don't even add up to 3500 seats and they weren't close to full. Is say 1850 behind goal, 250-300 in Main and 3-400 in Ormond. Maybe a total of 2400 to 2500.

Pleased with the victory , didn't expect much before the game and would have taken a draw beforehand. Saints were disappointing, no pace and reduced to hoofing up to the big guy up front. Their number 7 looked rubbish.

Thought McPake was a rock yet again , and McGowan and Harkins are great in the same team.

Archived