The Arbroath Thread

I agree..the amount of corners we have is amazing...shows how much attacking positions we get in, but they come to actually nothing..yet the opposition get the odd one and look much more dangerous..Also can we stop these long throws from little, they come to nothing also...
mccord was a huge miss yesterday, you didn't realise how much until he wasn't there, feel really sorry for malin as he has never let us down and deserved his chance, sukar was also terrible again yesterday, anyone know if Davis gold has a left footed twin?
tough job for Campbell to keep players motivated after last 2 home defeats, need to keep momentum for these playoffs,

We're have the same problem still as we had at the start of the season. Don't score enough goals when on top. Annan game showed this clearly. Oh for a 20 goal striker.

agree regarding getting a striker to feed of doris. i feel the guy ploughs a lone furrow at times with little or no support. ferns is not the answer in that role a striker would have put that chance away when doris put him through yesterday. the lad on loan from dumbarton looks to lightweight .

Ferns should get a go out wide he looks to have a good mix of Skelly and Omar, i.e. pace and technique

Skelly is great on the ball but cuts in on his left all the time and Omar is the opposite beats players but not the final ball enough

Skelly and Omar not been at it for a while now

I'd get Jimmy uptop and Ferns on right

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Disagree

Hard time to get players and we have had a team in great form all season not much needed changed

A LB was all that was really required and from what I understand a few attempts were made at doing that but nothing came off

Dick was certainly credited with trying to get the left back we signed on loan from Ross County.

Dick was certainly credited with trying to get the left back we signed on loan from Ross County.

Had heard the same.

There's not much out there at this time of the year. We didn't need much. And we did make efforts to improve in the areas required just the way it goes.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Had heard the same.

There's not much out there at this time of the year. We didn't need much. And we did make efforts to improve in the areas required just the way it goes.

But we did need a LB, to be honest any LB out there would have been better than Sukar, surely, anyway tell DC, I have looked out my boots and don't let my age, size, one-footedness or my overall lack of ability put him off, I am a better LB than Sukar

But we did need a LB, to be honest any LB out there would have been better than Sukar, surely, anyway tell DC, I have looked out my boots and don't let my age, size, one-footedness or my overall lack of ability put him off, I am a better LB than Sukar

I have to say I have my doubts Ecto..

But if you think so. Get down to Perth tomorrow night ;)

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I have to say I have my doubts Ecto..

But if you think so. Get down to Perth tomorrow night ;)

After seeing Sukar yesterday and against Annan, I have no doubts, he is dreadful at LB, has no clue when to go or stay, when to pass or clear it, he has no instinct for the position