The Arbroath Thread

Very rough, potential squad that could be announced in the next week or so....

Dougie Hill

Colin Hamilton

Ricky Little

David Gold

Danny Denholm

Bobby Linn

Tam O'Brien

Ryan McCord

Mark Whatley

Josh Skelly

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris

I am in no way saying that all of these players have signed/ will sign but I would expect at least 9 of those mentioned above to be in our squad for next year. Obviously we'd still be lacking a keeper (still a high chance of Ricky Gomes signing) and an additional striker as well as a lot of squad filler but the above would be the basis of a good squad with a starting 11 that could push for 4th.

Very rough, potential squad that could be announced in the next week or so....
Dougie Hill
Colin Hamilton
Ricky Little
David Gold
Danny Denholm
Bobby Linn
Tam O'Brien
Ryan McCord
Mark Whatley
Josh Skelly
Bryan Prunty
Steven Doris
I am in no way saying that all of these players have signed/ will sign but I would expect at least 9 of those mentioned above to be in our squad for next year. Obviously we'd still be lacking a keeper (still a high chance of Ricky Gomes signing) and an additional striker as well as a lot of squad filler but the above would be the basis of a good squad with a starting 11 that could push for 4th.

Decent squad their if they all sign.

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Decent squad their if they all sign.

It seems blatantly obvious to me that with Brechin in the Championship, us stealing Forfar's best players and the Mo making a promotion charge this season that Forfar have firmly cemented their place as the laughing stock of Angus once again. :)

Just now, Shelldon said:

O'Brien is apparently very good in midfield too, could work well with Whatley and McCord.

He's a terrific central midfielder ,(with an eye for along range goals too )the problem comes when he fills in at centre back and you find out he's your best central defender too. Dick didn't have a clue where to best play him when he signed him for us, given Arbroath's current centre defence I would assume he's intending to play him in midfield.

Good to see Josh signing and if the others are true then that is superb.

Was sad to see Martin "Jimmy" Scott go and going to Stenny is a surprise to me as he is far too good than that, glad though that he will not be facing us next season.

He was involved (with Bryan Prunty) in one of the most pivitol bits of play of the season when the last home game of the season against Elgin City that 5 minutes "keep-ball" in the corner to play out time was absolute class.

Cheers for the memories Jimmy.

Howdy Abroathians!  As you've probably seen, Paul Sheerin is the favourite to take over at Caley Thistle.  I see he did quite well at Arbroath initially before it went a bit stale.  Would he be a choice for Caley Thistle?

Howdy Abroathians!  As you've probably seen, Paul Sheerin is the favourite to take over at Caley Thistle.  I see he did quite well at Arbroath initially before it went a bit stale.  Would he be a choice for Caley Thistle?

If you like 5-3 and 4-3 games then he is your man. Can't really set up a team to defend. Great man to have around the club tho.

He was a great player for us and seems to have done well at Aberdeen.  Is he really that attacking minded?  I was always under the impression he was more possession minded to be honest.

I can't remember the exact figure but when we won the league I'm sure we conceded near 60 goals. Possibly even more.