The Arbroath Thread

30 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Good appointment for ICT, good luck to him

not sure how a successful season a few years ago in the bottom league equates to a good appointment? 

a definite gamble of a choice for me.

Howdy Abroathians!  As you've probably seen, Paul Sheerin is the favourite to take over at Caley Thistle.  I see he did quite well at Arbroath initially before it went a bit stale.  Would he be a choice for Caley Thistle?

We played some great attacking football but let in loads of goals. Still, he won us our first ever championship. I felt once he stopped playing himself the cracks began to show and we were relegated. Maybe he has learned a lot at Aberdeen. I wouldn't swap Dick Campbell for him.

From the AFC Facebook page.

Transfers / Season Tickets / Strips

There is a lot of activity going on at Gayfield at the moment as you can imagine just like every summer and close season.  

We will keep you informed of all activity in the transfer market.   We are aware of the excitement from supporters and it is echoed by everyone at the club.

There has also been a lot of questions in regards to when season tickets will be available and also when our new home and away strips will be ready to purchase.  Again this information will be made available as soon as everything is in place.

We value your support and excitement and we will inform when we can.

C'mon the LIchties!

If Sheerin gets an assistant who can organise a defence, he'll do well.

The frustration in his later seasons was that he never seemed to learn how to sort his defence.

The quality of attacking play was excellent, worth the admission fee more often than not.

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You're going to take it really badly if they sign for us eh?

Don't do a Bogs Dollox and disappear if it happens.

Both experienced campaigners in relegation. Should do quite well for you not forgetting your management and coaching teams vast experience in that department must be about equal with promotions and relegations. It's going to be a long summer, All the best for next season.

Both experienced campaigners in relegation. Should do quite well for you not forgetting your management and coaching teams vast experience in that department must be about equal with promotions and relegations. It's going to be a long summer, All the best for next season.

Still hurting eh? [emoji471]

6 hours ago, loon said:

WTF?

11 hours ago, big al said:

not sure how a successful season a few years ago in the bottom league equates to a good appointment? 

a definite gamble of a choice for me.

He was a great player who played at the top level, did his managerial "apprenticeship" with us in the lower leagues and has worked with McInnes and Aberdeen now for a few years and they have produced several top young players during his time in charge of the youths. Imo its a good time for him for take that kind of job and not much of a gamble for ICT.

a0G0k_s-200x150.gif

13 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Howdy Abroathians!  As you've probably seen, Paul Sheerin is the favourite to take over at Caley Thistle.  I see he did quite well at Arbroath initially before it went a bit stale.  Would he be a choice for Caley Thistle?

I think he would be a great appointment at ICT and i really hope he gets the job.

Remember when he played for St Johnstone he also coached the youths who went on to win the league.

He then joins the Red Lichties and we played the best fitba not seen at Gayfield for years, it was a joy to watch at times, yes we leaked goals but we scored more than the opposition.

He then moves to Aberdeen FC where he coaches the Youth Development Squad to win the league plus was the 1st team coach on match days so imo he is well ready to be ICT new Manager.

Will always be a Red Lichtie legend.

He was a great player who played at the top level, did his managerial "apprenticeship" with us in the lower leagues and has worked with McInnes and Aberdeen now for a few years and they have produced several top young players during his time in charge of the youths. Imo its a good time for him for take that kind of job and not much of a gamble for ICT.

Not that I think he would be a bad appointment for Caley Thistle, but who are the "several top young players" that have been produced since Sheerin went to Aberdeen? I'm genuinely struggling to name 1 tbh.