The Arbroath Thread

21 minutes ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Reading on Montrose’s Twitter that there’s segregation on Saturday? Surely not for a testimonial! 

Nah I would have it segregated - especially with all the bairns that go to our games now - things could get extremely embarrassing if it wasn’t there 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nah I would have it segregated - especially with all the bairns that go to our games now - things could get extremely embarrassing if it wasn’t there 

If folk can’t behave (bairns included) at a testimonial then they aren’t the supporters I’d want to see at Gayfield 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

If folk can’t behave (bairns included) at a testimonial then they aren’t the supporters I’d want to see at Gayfield 

Ach they are bairns and bairns are fkn daft - find it pretty funny watching all the kiddy on aggro go on at the fences to be honest - Raith at home when we equalised for 3-3 was incredible - livens it up a bit.

I don’t think anything would happen but you’d maybe get one or two who took it too far so best just being safe and segregating.

1 hour ago, ellichtie said:

Genuinely excited that we get to see how shit Lesser Hampden is. Would have preferred United away first day of the season but either way a class first fixture.

Problem is I'd expect us to get 50 odd tickets for it, if that....

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ach they are bairns and bairns are fkn daft - find it pretty funny watching all the kiddy on aggro go on at the fences to be honest - Raith at home when we equalised for 3-3 was incredible - livens it up a bit.

I don’t think anything would happen but you’d maybe get one or two who took it too far so best just being safe and segregating.

Last thing we want is for the club to get a reputation for an arse hole support. 

2 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Was chatting to a QP supporter about this earlier. The worry is that these “groundhopper” folk will want to tick a new ground of their list

12 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Thought the fixtures draw was all about pulling the balls out of a hat and seeing who you get on that particular day, this draw smells of a fix for me, when travelling to Glasgow for an away we potentially have the smallest away support but still could muster 300/400 for that game, how unlucky for the potentially smallest club away support to draw that fixture on that day, smells of a fix. QP should have been made to play all there home games away from small Hampden until they got the keys to play at big Hampden.

There was segregation at Links Park this time last season for Terry Masson’s testimonial so why are some folk surprised by this?

As has been said, all it would take is a couple of wee kids to kick off and it would get blown out of all proportion. Correct decision and we have to face the fact that segregation is here to stay for the vast majority of games.

Edited by Tattie36

12 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Thought the fixtures draw was all about pulling the balls out of a hat and seeing who you get on that particular day, this draw smells of a fix for me, when travelling to Glasgow for an away we potentially have the smallest away support but still could muster 300/400 for that game, how unlucky for the potentially smallest club away support to draw that fixture on that day, smells of a fix. QP should have been made to play all there home games away from small Hampden until they got the keys to play at big Hampden.

Don’t know about the balls out the hat theory. Remember that around Xmas/new year the derbys need ti be played so fans aren’t travelling long distances at that time of year 

40 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sadly, I agree with this.  We've got a lot more kids at games than we used to have, plus some of them seem to be into that posturing "ultras" thing.  I was at a Stirling-Stenny game a couple months back, and the police had their hands full of mask and hoodie wearing 12 year old "ultras" dressed in all black and squaring up to each other.  Our lot don't seem as bad, but as you say, one or two might take it too far.

18 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Sadly, I agree with this.  We've got a lot more kids at games than we used to have, plus some of them seem to be into that posturing "ultras" thing.  I was at a Stirling-Stenny game a couple months back, and the police had their hands full of mask and hoodie wearing 12 year old "ultras" dressed in all black and squaring up to each other.  Our lot don't seem as bad, but as you say, one or two might take it too far.

Yeah they’re not bad at all - it’s just the way it is and always will be - only takes one kid to do something silly (kids tend to do silly things) and it could all get embarrassing so better being safe than sorry - doesn’t make a difference for home fans either way. 

Hoping to see Stowe and Slater - noticed McKenna and Goldie post on Twitter that they’d be missing - be interesting to see who gets punted left back. Hopefully just one or two of trialists from last week 

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah they’re not bad at all - it’s just the way it is and always will be - only takes one kid to do something silly (kids tend to do silly things) and it could all get embarrassing so better being safe than sorry - doesn’t make a difference for home fans either way. 

Hoping to see Stowe and Slater - noticed McKenna and Goldie post on Twitter that they’d be missing - be interesting to see who gets punted left back. Hopefully just one or two of trialists from last week 

Iv been told that 7 of the 9 trialist from last week are away 

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well if they get the full segregation it makes the viewing experience considerably worse for the home fans who would like to get behind both goals. 

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv been told that 7 of the 9 trialist from last week are away 

If true, is that not terrible news?  These were players that have apparently been scouted for months and were picked especially to come on trial (according to the video from the club last week).  If 7 of them are away, then that isn't saying much about our scouting...

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If true, is that not terrible news?  These were players that have apparently been scouted for months and were picked especially to come on trial (according to the video from the club last week).  If 7 of them are away, then that isn't saying much about our scouting...

I had the very same conversation with a supporter (and P&B poster) this week.