The Arbroath Thread

Evening all, 

Took a day off after receiving some abhorrent abuse for having an opinion that differs from many on here. 

Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon in Stirling. Lovely lunch in town followed a longer walk than expected ti the ground. As has been said before both the trialists impressed today. Wasn’t overly impressed by the new signings movement today and didn’t see much cohesion between himself and Leighton McIntosh. Team looks so much better with the inclusion of the returning McKenna and Gold. A step in the right direction 

On 06/07/2023 at 20:08, lichtgilphead said:

Minimum shareholding is only £100. I probably spend more than that to attend a home match (travel, accommodation etc)

Well I’m happy that you are so financially secure that money isn’t an issue for you. You absolutely deserve to hear news of friendlies and signings before everyone else 

On 07/07/2023 at 13:23, Smokerson said:

Maybe time to pack in this tedious Pish mate. Nobody finds it funny 

Pack in what? The fact I disagree on club issues? The fact I don’t think the sun shines out of Paul Reids arse? I agree I have difference of opinion from you but I certainly won’t apologise for it young man.

f**k sake 😞

Before this thread turns into a mess il just say that I was very pessimistic going into today and it’s changed now. I don’t know how much it will be mentioned but that Adams save is one of the best Iv ever seen in person. His distribution is also very very good. 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

f**k sake 😞

Before this thread turns into a mess il just say that I was very pessimistic going into today and it’s changed now. I don’t know how much it will be mentioned but that Adams save is one of the best Iv ever seen in person. His distribution is also very very good. 

Must be the heat

Just now, ecto said:

Must be the heat

Checked my phone on route. BBC Weather was saying 22 degrees but would feel like 27!  Call me mad but I don’t think I’d enjoy summer football. Id miss the minus 1 Saturdays in December 

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

f**k sake 😞

Very pleasantly surprised with him from what I’ve seen. Some presence and seems more assured than Gill or Antell. 

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Very pleasantly surprised with him from what I’ve seen. Some presence and seems more assured than Gill or Antell. 

Antell sends a shiver down my spine. That 3-3 draw with Raith will haunt me 

41 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Pack in what? The fact I disagree on club issues? The fact I don’t think the sun shines out of Paul Reids arse? I agree I have difference of opinion from you but I certainly won’t apologise for it young man.

Don’t mind the disagreements or opinions, more just your antagonistic style. Will try to ignore it from now on son. 

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Evening all, 

Took a day off after receiving some abhorrent abuse for having an opinion that differs from many on here. 

Thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon in Stirling. Lovely lunch in town followed a longer walk than expected the  the ground. As has been said before both the trialists impressed today. Wasn’t overly impressed by the new signings movement today and didn’t see much cohesion between himself and Leighton McIntosh. Team looks so much better with the inclusion of the returning McKenna and Gold. A step in the right direction 

Glad you enjoyed your day out in Stirling,.

Sorry if you're feeling a bit bruised by  the abhorrent abuse but sadly you reap what you sow. 

Good post by the way  😉

Well after hearing a few more positives posts about Jess ( cm trialist) and new striker trialist along with tob mckenna gold and Stewart being back I'm looking forward the the Dundee game missed today due to working. Another solid performance Tuesday and Saturday from them will likely get them Signed in time for the group games starting soon.  

2 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

What’s your issue with Paul Reid? 

3 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Give yourself a shake min, think before posting.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Big Bird made it all the way to Devitos (true story) so if that’s not sealed the deal nothing will 

That’s it, confirm now, once he sobers up, obviously