The Arbroath Thread

43 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

Quite true Simon. He was definitely sharp enough to nick the odd goal. What he didn’t seem to offer was the presence to hold the ball and bring other players into the attack. We’ve succeeded in the recent past with that sort of striker who got us up the park. I liked Shanks for his pace and effort but didn’t see him ever getting regular games for us.

And that’s what you need to be good at when you go up a level, for all his hard work and running he always looked like he was really up against it when the ball was played up to him. It’s early days but even just after Wednesday night it’s something Leighton McIntosh looks so incredibly superior at doing in comparison to someone like Shanks and that’s not Shanks fault either. He’s just young and starting to gain some experience through playing at Peterhead. 

Little tip for folk on here. Stay off the Arbroath social media today. It’s constant spam of children on holiday.

Considering a journey to Falkirk tomorrow. I went to Brockville as a youngster but haven’t been to the new ground. Would like to see the trialist from the other night again. 

Edited by Anotherlichtie

9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think if we end up with McIntosh / Bird and Hylton we will have absolutely made the right decision as he’d barely get a minute.

If we don’t sign Hylton and Bird then maybe should’ve held onto him but overall I’m not too bothered and Shanks himself seemed to enjoy playing every week for Peterhead more. Would’ve just been on the bench here. 

Best move for all parties 

Was thinking more of a loan for the year and see where he’s at then. Just think you might regret letting him go a season after stepping up from HL.

38 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Little tip for folk on here. Stay off the Arbroath social media today. It’s constant spam of children on holiday.

Considering a journey to Falkirk tomorrow. I went to Brockville as a youngster but haven’t been to the new ground. Would like to see the trialist from the other night again. 

Stay off social media because of why? Because of kids who will hopefully keep on supporting your team want to send a picture to the club with the new kit on....Have a word with yourself!!

Not an Arbroath fan myself but to see kids with the new top on rather than your bog standard Rangers and Celtic tops is refreshing around the town?

You certainly don't do yourself any favours on here complete and utter  clown you are,imagine having a go at kids.... 🤡

9 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Hi Sunshine!

I do hope you are in your warm, wonderful, positive and optimistic mood as ever!

I normally don’t reply, especially over the past two seasons where this thread has just become one huge car-crash.

Social Media - “Constant Spam of Children on Holiday” - These spammers are our supporters, and our future supporters and if you are in Arbroath, or even further afield you now seen nearly every young boy and girl wearing an Arbroath shirt.  It’s bloody brilliant.  You just have to look around the terraces at Gayfield - full of young supporters.

These pictures and posts are maybe spam to you, but to these young supporters it makes their day.  Big Clubs can’t and don’t do these sort of posts, even small clubs don’t do it.  If a simple Facebook or Twitter post gives a young supporter a feeling of pride and joy and a connection with their club, then I shall keep posting them.  It’s the same reason all the players stayed behind for over an hour on the final home game of last season signing shirts, hats, arms, and posing for selfies with everyone who asked, because without supporters and recognising them for their loyal support Clubs would be nothing.

It’s the same as sharing charity posts, missing person posts etc - We have a big outreach and if we can help one person, then every post and tweet is worth it.

I know we are all wrong on this forum, but just to let you know I am a volunteer, and I think this is my 10th season officially.  

I read many false and incorrect ones on this forum, but again don’t bother speaking out as it's not my place nor my role. There are volunteers at the Club, and I spend sometimes spend anytime between 10-15 hours on a quiet week doing things for the Club, on a week where we have 3 games and lots of posts to write, create, film, photograph etc - up to 60 hours.

I do it as I am a supporter and prefer the Club spend their funds on players and facilities.

You are more than welcome to volunteer or take over and start the social media, I certainly can’t do it forever.  I’m sure your positive charm would be more than welcome.

Final note for me today, and probably for the season.

Cheers

Graham

Well said, and please don't make it your last post of the season 👍 

16 minutes ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

Hi Sunshine!

I do hope you are in your warm, wonderful, positive and optimistic mood as ever!

I normally don’t reply, especially over the past two seasons where this thread has just become one huge car-crash.

Social Media - “Constant Spam of Children on Holiday” - These spammers are our supporters, and our future supporters and if you are in Arbroath, or even further afield you now seen nearly every young boy and girl wearing an Arbroath shirt.  It’s bloody brilliant.  You just have to look around the terraces at Gayfield - full of young supporters.

These pictures and posts are maybe spam to you, but to these young supporters it makes their day.  Big Clubs can’t and don’t do these sort of posts, even small clubs don’t do it.  If a simple Facebook or Twitter post gives a young supporter a feeling of pride and joy and a connection with their club, then I shall keep posting them.  It’s the same reason all the players stayed behind for over an hour on the final home game of last season signing shirts, hats, arms, and posing for selfies with everyone who asked, because without supporters and recognising them for their loyal support Clubs would be nothing.

It’s the same as sharing charity posts, missing person posts etc - We have a big outreach and if we can help one person, then every post and tweet is worth it.

I know we are all wrong on this forum, but just to let you know I am a volunteer, and I think this is my 10th season officially.  

I read many false and incorrect ones on this forum, but again don’t bother speaking out as it's not my place nor my role. There are volunteers at the Club, and I spend sometimes spend anytime between 10-15 hours on a quiet week doing things for the Club, on a week where we have 3 games and lots of posts to write, create, film, photograph etc - up to 60 hours.

I do it as I am a supporter and prefer the Club spend their funds on players and facilities.

You are more than welcome to volunteer or take over and start the social media, I certainly can’t do it forever.  I’m sure your positive charm would be more than welcome.

Final note for me today, and probably for the season.

Cheers

Graham

Well said - don’t know what more anyone could possibly want from anyone involved at the club right now. 

PS. Could we announce Bird soon please 👀😂

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

What a FUD, these people are our up and coming fans of the future, stay off the funny fags.

16 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Ooft, telt!

Btw, could we have more historical facts?  You know, like on-this-day, blast from the past sort of stuff? 

There is something in the pipeline for all of this ;) Hopefully more to come on that front in the coming weeks..... :)

2 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

There is something in the pipeline for all of this ;) Hopefully more to come on that front in the coming weeks..... :)

Just a quick random question but are you the same Simon that messaged me a few months back about my Programme & Top collection for some project you were working on lol  🇱🇻⚽🔥💪

4 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Just a quick random question but are you the same Simon that messaged me a few months back about my Programme & Top collection for some project you were working on lol  🇱🇻⚽🔥💪

One and the same ;)