The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Seriously some AFC fans on here discussing we "could" be relegated to League 2 next season = get a grip ffs!!

Smokies & Wine 36-0.    

Maybe you're a youngster, I don't know, but I remember the last time we were relegated from Div 1 after a catastrophic season, poor signings, and we kept faith with the manager after it arguably wasn't his fault we were in such a terrible position.  This has all happened before.

Last time out, there was no sacking, Brownlie eventually resigned, continuity Steve Kirk was appointed and did terribly, and then relegation to league 2 happened a season later under Jim Weir.  

I'm not saying any of this will happen, but personally, I feel its much more likely to happen than promotion under present circumstances.

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Maybe you're a youngster, I don't know, but I remember the last time we were relegated from Div 1 after a catastrophic season, poor signings, and we kept faith with the manager after it arguably wasn't his fault we were in such a terrible position.  This has all happened before.

Last time out, there was no sacking, Brownlie eventually resigned, continuity Steve Kirk was appointed and did terribly, and then relegation to league 2 happened a season later under Jim Weir.  

I'm not saying any of this will happen, but personally, I feel its much more likely to happen than promotion under present circumstances.

You're a barrel of fun

5 minutes ago, keptie said:

You're a barrel of fun

I have a memory of more than 3 weeks.  None of that was my actual point though. 

My actual point was that most people were broadly happy with the recruitment last summer, although this seems to have been retconned by many.  We signed good players.  Some from outside Scotland, and some from the Scottish leagues.  

56 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

That was a long long long time ago and is not relevant in the slightest. 👍🏻

Posted (edited)

As an outsider, it appeared to me that it was a cacophony of issues which brought about such a disaster of a season involving the rot of Dick Campbell's reign setting in with questionable recruitment and personality clashes in the dressing room (thought that might be heavily weighed by my remembering of the Hylton-Bird bust up, when your two best players are fighting it ain't good). Thankfully though you've got a pretty clean slate for next season to recruit a new team under a manager who can build up his own team (even if it is McIntyre 😬) and already have two PCAs agreed for strikers who should be good for League One. The title would be a tremendously big ask given either Hamilton or Inverness will be in League One too, but I would be very surprised if Arbroath are outside of the play-offs come this time next season.

Out of curiosity, I'm aware his time actually playing with you was limited, but how did you rate Charlie Reilly when he did play? Cheers

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

As an outsider, it appeared to me that it was a cacophony of issues which brought about such a disaster of a season involving the rot of Dick Campbell's reign setting in and personality clashes in the dressing room (thought that might be heavily weighed by my remembering of the Hylton-Bird bust up, when your two best players are fighting it ain't good). Thankfully though you've got a pretty clean slate for next season to recruit a new team under a manager who can build up his own team (even if it is McIntyre 😬) and already have two PCAs agreed for strikers who should be good for League One. The title would be a tremendously big ask given either Hamilton or Inverness will be in League One too, but I would be very surprised if Arbroath are outside of the play-offs come this time next season.

Out of curiosity, I'm aware his time actually playing with you was limited, but how did you rate Charlie Reilly when he did play? Cheers

Looked dangerous and was playing very well against Airdrie before being crocked. Would be great to get him back for 3 months next season 

26 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” 

Maybe if you actually attended games other supporters/posters would take your drivel more seriously. Until then you should refrain 

28 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Looked dangerous and was playing very well against Airdrie before being crocked. Would be great to get him back for 3 months next season 

I disagree. He didn’t show too much for me to think he could be an asset to us. 

4 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Maybe if you actually attended games other supporters/posters would take your drivel more seriously. Until then you should refrain 

Is there an acceptable percentage threshold?

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Is there an acceptable percentage threshold?

Here’s a little free advice. If you don’t go to the game just don’t comment on it. Thank you in advance from the majority of the posters on here 

Just now, Anotherlichtie said:

Here’s a little free advice. If you don’t go to the game just don’t comment on it. Thank you in advance from the majority of the posters on here 

Makes you wonder why clubs even offer a streaming service.   Its also weird that other threads on here are full of discussion about other games like European Cup games, where people who don't go to the game in person but watch it feel free to offer comment. 

Still, if it makes you feel like a better fan, then more power to you.  Is that why you go on about the awards night?  Do you think they are better fans than you because not only do they go to games, but unlike you, they bothered their arse to go to the awards night?  

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Makes you wonder why clubs even offer a streaming service.   Its also weird that other threads on here are full of discussion about other games like European Cup games, where people who don't go to the game in person but watch it feel free to offer comment. 

Still, if it makes you feel like a better fan, then more power to you.  Is that why you go on about the awards night?  Do you think they are better fans than you because not only do they go to games, but unlike you, they bothered their arse to go to the awards night?  

Do you know who won? Cmon mouthpiece let us all know. 

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

If you didnt go to the awards night, you shouldn't comment on it. 

I bet that sounded really funny in your head didn’t it? But it’s not the same as not going to games. I’d like to say you know that, but your lack of basic knowledge and understanding is painstakingly obvious that I’m really not sure. 

1 minute ago, Anotherlichtie said:

I bet that sounded really funny in your head didn’t it? But it’s not the same as not going to games. I’d like to say you know that, but your lack of basic knowledge and understanding is painstakingly obvious that I’m really not sure. 

Awww, triggered are we? And yes, it sounded funny in my head.  Looked quite amusing in writing too.