The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Sorry to bang on about the “Awards night” again but has anyone seen the winners announced anywhere? Or are the run of the mill Arbroath supporter not privy to this information? 

Web site is broken !

3 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Sorry to bang on about the “Awards night” again but has anyone seen the winners announced anywhere? Or are the run of the mill Arbroath supporter not privy to this information? 

It would appear not! We get to vote but not find out who won. 

I have a feeling Ali Adams scuppered them announcing who won each award because of his tweet - as soon as they tweeted he got goal of the season all the idiots would be all over it demanding answers as to why the rocket wasn’t at the awards himself

Will announce it soon I imagine 

I’ll put my two pence worth in on who can comment on games. I’ve been a Lichties supporter for a very long time. I live in Surrey so chances to come to Gayfield are few and far between. It has been fantastic since Covid to be able to watch a live stream of all the home games and some of the away ones. With a good stream I feel I have as good a view of the action as I do on the terracing. So I’ll continue to comment on the matches I watch when I feel like it. 

Posted (edited)

So far I’ve counted 9 ex-Lichties starting in the play-offs today and 4 on the bench. I probably missed some. Then of course there’s the magnificent Simon Murray fighting to keep county up. What a talent factory! 😂 

Edited by TheRoundO

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Montrose Football Club. Another year of failure 

That’s them peaked too. 

Good results the day. Alloa and Montrose also part time and if Hamilton or Inverness in league imagine both be weaker than they were this season

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

That’s them peaked too. 

Good results the day. Alloa and Montrose also part time and if Hamilton or Inverness in league imagine both be weaker than they were this season

Probably there best chance to be above us in forever and they bottled it 

On 08/05/2024 at 12:28, lichtie23 said:

Speaking to a fellow Lichtie earlier about the teams we could potentially play next season. 

Annan, Hamilton, Montrose, Cove, Spartans, QOS, Stenny & Kelty all play on plastic/artificial surfaces. 

if ICT and Spartans win playoffs , we will be only team in division 1 with grass pitch , nuts !!!

20 minutes ago, kenwood65 said:

if ICT and Spartans win playoffs , we will be only team in division 1 with grass pitch , nuts !!!

I couldn’t remember if Spartans were plastic…… and I went there this season, The memory is beginning to go 

On 10/05/2024 at 15:10, ExiledLichtie said:

Maybe you're a youngster, I don't know, but I remember the last time we were relegated from Div 1 after a catastrophic season, poor signings, and we kept faith with the manager after it arguably wasn't his fault we were in such a terrible position.  This has all happened before.

Last time out, there was no sacking, Brownlie eventually resigned, continuity Steve Kirk was appointed and did terribly, and then relegation to league 2 happened a season later under Jim Weir.  

I'm not saying any of this will happen, but personally, I feel its much more likely to happen than promotion under present circumstances.

Nope! been going to Gayfield since the late 1960's first with my Dad then from the early 70's with my mates, cheers 36-0.

3 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

I’ll put my two pence worth in on who can comment on games. I’ve been a Lichties supporter for a very long time. I live in Surrey so chances to come to Gayfield are few and far between. It has been fantastic since Covid to be able to watch a live stream of all the home games and some of the away ones. With a good stream I feel I have as good a view of the action as I do on the terracing. So I’ll continue to comment on the matches I watch when I feel like it. 

I have a similar predicament to you but obviously not as far south as you. I wish I could get to more games. I feel I know enough to be able to comment too.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I couldn’t remember if Spartans were plastic…… and I went there this season, The memory is beginning to go 

That was a game to forget so you may have just erased the whole day from memory. 

Happier thoughts for you lads/lassies.

You should check out the opener from Nicky Low when the Pollok v Clydebank highlights appear, absolutely outrageous goal.  

Though I think his (justified) celebration fired Pollok up to get the quick 1-2 blow.  

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Happier thoughts for you lads/lassies.

You should check out the opener from Nicky Low when the Pollok v Clydebank highlights appear, absolutely outrageous goal.  

Though I think his (justified) celebration fired Pollok up to get the quick 1-2 blow.  

He’s some player