The Arbroath Thread

what's this, posting on a empty head again?

Nope. You're totally over playing this, I agree that in some games that is the case but I've seen the Shire twice and we certainly shouldn't be sticking 5 in midfield at home purely to try and stop them, they're awful, need to go out positive and take the game to them today and get the 3 points.

It’s been a big week since the new manager came in. He has only had us for three sessions – two games and a night’s training – but has had a big impact. Everything he says is worth listening to. He’s so upbeat, so positive and his belief has spread through the squad.

“You could see how we were at 2-0. We were suddenly playing without fear and playing some great football.

“The manager is generating a great atmosphere at the club and I hope we can kick on now.â€

Whatley after Saturday's game. Good to hear.

Saw Williams got a goal at the weekend and you've been playing him in centre mid, How's he looking?

Saturday was the first time we've used him in centre mid, before that he's played 2 at centre half and 1 on the right wing. Looks a solid player and I'd be pretty happy if we kept him beyond his loan

I've been impressed with Williams every time he's played. Strong in the tackle, good on the ball and (most importantly) wants to get the ball under control and play.

He was less effective against Berwick where he played right wing but I said at the time he would be a decent man to enforce the centre of midfield. He did more than merely enforce on Saturday, however.

Williams on Campbell now...

He’s only been in the job a week but Mark Williams is already learning a great deal from new manager Dick Campbell.

The Alloa Athletic-loanee was in fine form as he helped Arbroath to a 3-0 win over East Stirling on Saturday, extending the gap between the Lichties and the Shire to eight points.

Williams, whose versatility will be very attractive to Campbell, said the new boss has fostered a fun environment for the players that is rich in knowledge.

He said: “The gaffer’s brought a good atmosphere to the club and the team talks are very interesting. They get the boys going and it’s a fun environment to be a part of.

“The guy’s been around the game for a long time so for myself as a young player it’s great to gain that kind of knowledge. It’s only going to help me improve and I’m learning a lot from him already, so I’m looking forward to the next few weeks.â€

I know that everybody will be wanting to say nice things about a new manager but there's more to it than that I think, reason why players want to play for him, from what I've heard I think the lads will be enjoying training etc much more now.

Williams / Whatley and Boab already hinted at it in the papers in a week.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Cannae wait for the end of the season,it has been an unmitigated disaster,we're sitting second bottom in a league of the worst standard i have witnessed,so just have write it off and move on and look positively to next season and hope we're at the other end of the league come this time next season.