The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

On the bench todayΒ 

Yeah, he was on the bench against ICT so he is getting involved with the team now,Β  the match today probably too tight for him to get some minutes in IF he is ready for it. Scott Stewart after a dodgy start at LB has done well lately.

8 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Just seen that one of our pre-season trialists, Dayshonne Golding (aka man bun) has ended up in the highland league on loan from Cove.Β 

It’s about his levelΒ 

7 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

I'd be using whatever prize money we end up earning from the challenge cup towards an extended contract for Hylton.

Hylton staying pretty coy I imagine he will have plenty of interest and will wait and see how it goes before committing to anything which is quite right and what everyone would do in his position.
Β 

No sure we will get much in the way of prize money from this tournament but I agree that I would offer him an extremely good contract to try keep him.Β 

Bit of discourse regarding Balde and Dow on the match thread so thought I'd chuck in my opinions for a bit of debate.Β 
Β 

Balde was a breath of fresh air when he came in, bundles of energy but quickly became obvious he wasn't a defensive midfielder. I think his best position is probably 10, but he's going to suffer like those before him (Hilson, and Dow presently) because McKenna is going to play near enough every minute there. Playing him any deeper is a risk because his passing at times is pretty poor. Next couple of months before January could be a crossroads in his AFC career, because at his age he probably needs regular starts to iron out the creases in his game.Β 
Β 

Dow was another player who made a decent impact last season, simply by being a decent professional who knew what was expected of a player in the championship. As mentioned before, I think Dow's position is definitely in the role Mckenna currently occupies. He's neat and tidy but playing on the wing is not for him. He can't really go past a full back (although when he comes inside seems to try and beat boys for fun) and his G/A return must be near non existent since signing. Once Hammy is back I'd like to see Stewart return to RM (same G/A issue but he's a genuine out ball) and Dow used off the bench to either replace McKenna or sit a bit deeper when chasing a game for example and spraying the ball about.Β 
Β 

Β 

I like both Dow and Balde and they are very good players to have in our squad.

In regards Dow i agree his best position is probably McKenna's role but i still think he does a decent job out wide, he has a good touch and is a clever player but does not have the electric pace of a Bobby Linn.

Balde bursted on the scene in superb form, very energetic, gets stuck in and not afraid to have a shot at goal although his passing/crossing could improve.

2 good players who imo are good to have part of our Red Lichtie squad.

Decent draw for the QF’s.Β 
we seem better away from home atm. Good trip for those who want to make it and hopefully on the Welsh S4C channel for those who don’t.

Semi’s not as kind but if you want to win it you’ll need to beat a big gun at some stageΒ