The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Disappointed to see the “Social Media Manager” is still involved after his blatant lies about the support. If I’m honest and I had a choice between him and the manager leaving the club I would pick him.

Not sure who’s worse him or DC lying about being spat on at spartans 

34 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So he's still here then? The zombie manager?  Wonder if we'll be seeing McKenna tomorrow.

Course we will

Ive spoken to Mikey plenty of times - he genuinely loves the club and playing for Arbroath. He will be similar to the likes of Alan Brazil when he hangs up the boots and still half support us. The guy will be raging cause he cares that much, which is why it’s fkn annoying that he’s getting taken off the park when we’re chasing a game or having penalty duty taken off him. He will be there giving 110 percent like he always does.

We need to offer him a really good contract for the next 2 years and keep him around. Same with Stewart. (Will post this over and over until it happens) 

I have no doubt McIntyre is a dead man walking and I think at a guess it’ll get confirmed after we are officially (I know in reality we are) toast. I hope so anyway. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Course we will

Ive spoken to Mikey plenty of times - he genuinely loves the club and playing for Arbroath. He will be similar to the likes of Alan Brazil when he hangs up the boots and still half support us. The guy will be raging cause he cares that much, which is why it’s fkn annoying that he’s getting taken off the park when we’re chasing a game or having penalty duty taken off him. We need to offer him a really good contract for the next 2 years and keep him around. Same with Stewart. (Will post this over and over until it happens) 

I have no doubt McIntyre is a dead man walking and I think at a guess it’ll get confirmed after we are officially (I know we basically are) toast. I hope so anyway. 

Want so much to believe you, I will be delighted if you are right. 

At this stage I think it's highly likely that after relegation has been mathematically confirmed there will be a parting of ways.... I'd be very surprised if this wasn't the case.

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

So he's still here then? The zombie manager?  Wonder if we'll be seeing McKenna tomorrow.

If JM had an ounce of credibility or control left with the players he’d be dropping Mckenna. We’ve seen it before with the bird/hylton incident where there was no real statement from him, the club or the players involved. Mckenna will be starting tomorrow imo. He’s in way above his head now and he knows that 

1 minute ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

If JM had an ounce of credibility or control left with the players he’d be dropping Mckenna. We’ve seen it before with the bird/hylton incident where there was no real statement from him, the club or the players involved. Mckenna will be starting tomorrow imo. He’s in way above his head now and he knows that 

Correct.  Any manager with any authority about him at all would see McKenna dropped for tomorrow at the very least.  He agreed with a facebook post calling for the manager to go.  Dick would probably have run McKenna's flayed hide up the flagpole as a message to everyone.  Other managers might have been less extreme, but only the weak and the desperate would play him.

Of course, if he doesn't play him, the fans will absolutely crucify him.  He can't win here.  It might not be fair, but its the situation we are in.

10 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Correct.  Any manager with any authority about him at all would see McKenna dropped for tomorrow at the very least.  He agreed with a facebook post calling for the manager to go.  Dick would probably have run McKenna's flayed hide up the flagpole as a message to everyone.  Other managers might have been less extreme, but only the weak and the desperate would play him.

Of course, if he doesn't play him, the fans will absolutely crucify him.  He can't win here.  It might not be fair, but its the situation we are in.

I said this the other day as well that if this happened with Dick he’d have had Mikey beheaded and left in the centre circle. Dick had a standard that no one disrespected the club and that was followed. JM has absolutely none of this and it feels like the players know it and don’t really care what they do since he’ll be gone at the end of the season anyway

4 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

I said this the other day as well that if this happened with Dick he’d have had Mikey beheaded and left in the centre circle. Dick had a standard that no one disrespected the club and that was followed. JM has absolutely none of this and it feels like the players know it and don’t really care what they do since he’ll be gone at the end of the season anyway

Hopefully gone by next week 

I think we all know why McKenna isn't starting, which means that in this no-win scenario, I am going to move smoothly from criticising McIntyre for being a weak manager, to criticising him for not picking our best player and the most likely to make something happen.  

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think we all know why McKenna isn't starting, which means that in this no-win scenario, I am going to move smoothly from criticising McIntyre for being a weak manager, to criticising him for not picking our best player and the most likely to make something happen.  

Watching on a stream again Xbass?

He has no idea what he is doing,

Guessing Stewart will be back in defence, how is he meant to get settled when he is changed position everyweek,

Lyon done nothing wrong midweek, also playing out position and given no help down the left, how about playing him on the middle and dropping Mackinnon who has offered nothing, 

McKenna was no doubt going to be dropped, he will know that he shouldn't of commented but he just said what every single person was thinking,

Least Bird is playing instead of getting thrown on when we are 2-0 down 

Don’t care about today’s result we are doomed. Next season matters and it’s as clear as day if McIntyre stays now the arse is well and truly ripped out of everything, any positive things we have currently got at the club will be gone.

Team McKenna all day long 

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Don’t care about today’s result we are doomed. Next season matters and it’s as clear as day if McIntyre stays now the arse is well and truly ripped out of everything, any positive things we have currently got at the club will be gone.

Team McKenna all day long 

Sounds absolutely terrible but even if we win today I'd still be 100% convinced he can't be trusted to take us forward,

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Sounds absolutely terrible but even if we win today I'd still be 100% convinced he can't be trusted to take us forward,

I don’t think that sounds terrible it sounds reasonable - think if there was clear indication that the majority of players were behind the manager then the results at this stage (we are relegated) wouldn’t matter, good or bad results you’d want to carry that on into next season and give the manager the chance to sort it out, clear out and rebuild  

I however think the opposite is true and the results at this stage are the same as above… pretty much meaningless

If results really did matter and were the be all and end all there’d be no discussion because the results and Win Lose Draw totals have been absolutely abysmal