The Arbroath Thread

Spalding still a diamond in the rough and got plenty to learn but like I said yesterday everything about him in the middle of the park kind of reminded me of John McGinn.

Never stopped running, firing into everything, using his body and winning ball back and driving forward with it, ball of energy, think games that are a battle and a million mile an hour in middle of midfield will really suit him. 

TASC BUS - STENHOUSEMUIR (03/08/24)

TASC are running a bus to our Lichties opening League 1 game against Stenhousemuir at Ochilview Park on Saturday the 3rd of August. The bus departure time will be announced ASAP

Prices 

Adult Member (18+) - £15 

Junior Member (12-17) - £15

Under 12s - £5

Non Members - £20

Bus Rules

No Alcohol permitted

Before travel all travellers must give contact details and fill in a TASC registration form. Under 16s will also need their parent/guardian to fill out a permission form if they are travelling alone. This can be picked up from Tutties.

We are asking for supporters to have paid for their seat by the end of the day on the Wednesday before the game. 

lTo book your seat leave a comment on this post or message the page directly 🇱🇻

IMG_2571.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How have Gallagher and Hemfrey got on so far with the Lichties

Hemfrey only had one friendly against Dundee and played in the disastrous loss at home to Annan but would never say any of the goals were his fault, although was up the hill for the last one.

Hard to tell really - it is ashame for him in the fact he seemed to be away on holiday and Aidan McAdams came in to play while he was away and he’s been absolutely brilliant. Think McAdams more than likely claimed the number 1 spot for time being now. 

Gallagher had 10 minutes against Dundee and barely got a touch.

He come on against Bonnyrigg for 20 minutes on Saturday and that alone gave me so much optimism after we’d played with no strikers the five games previous. I think him and Reilly could be a really good partnership. Reilly kind of tasked with dropping into the hole and holding ball up, getting us up the park and CalGal was running in behind. Both of them always on the move in the box and every time we got the ball in there I thought something could happen. He’s had very little time so far but really looking forward to seeing him more. 

Surprisingly the ex Airdrie player that’s had the biggest impact would be young Ali Spalding. Been a breath of fresh air last couple of games. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hemfrey only had one friendly against Dundee and played in the disastrous loss at home to Annan but would never say any of the goals were his fault, although was up the hill for the last one.

Hard to tell really - it is ashame for him in the fact he seemed to be away on holiday and Aidan McAdams came in to play while he was away and he’s been absolutely brilliant. Think McAdams more than likely claimed the number 1 spot for time being now. 

Gallagher had 10 minutes against Dundee and barely got a touch.

He come on against Bonnyrigg for 20 minutes on Saturday and that alone gave me so much optimism after we’d played with no strikers the five games previous. I think him and Reilly could be a really good partnership. Reilly kind of tasked with dropping into the hole and holding ball up, getting us up the park and CalGal was running in behind. Both of them always on the move in the box and every time we got the ball in there I thought something could happen. He’s had very little time so far but really looking forward to seeing him more. 

Surprisingly the ex Airdrie player that’s had the biggest impact would be young Ali Spalding. Been a breath of fresh air last couple of games. 

Young Spalding came on as a sub in our last league game at QP,   with us not running a reserve side this season himself and a few others were cut loose.  ,  Good luck to the lad

It would be good to have another striker in before Saturday. Just as an option from the bench if we do play with both Gallagher and Reilly - obviously some additions required and would imagine a couple going out - maybe 1/2 out and 2 in now Hammy is injured and we will be carrying an extra body 

Have to admit with the signings of Keith Watson and Quinn Coulson last week I think the squad is better than I thought it would be before we got into the summer business

Still think we maybe lack some presence in the middle of the park but think we are decent to very strong for L1 practically all over the pitch. 

McAdams looks a big upgrade on Gaston even though it is early doors. 

ToB and Keith - what a centre half partnership they could be. 

Gallagher and Reilly - potential for a really good partnership there with plenty of goals. 

Excited to see Scott Stewart hopefully return to right midfield - rest of the squad is solid with Stowe and Walker probably the ones people can see moving on. 

Think signing wise we (well Jim and the club) have done really well. Little bit of work to do still though. The only real downer has been the injury to Colin Hamilton, it’s absolutely gutting but he’ll be there every Saturday again in and around the changing room with the guys.

Looking forward to a new league campaign again, hopefully without anywhere near as much nonsense as last season. Hopefully any negativity from anyone is left at the door Saturday morning too. Mon the Broath.

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I am sure you will be sitting in your house praying for a Stenny win on Saturday so you can come on here to try and ‘lord it up’ over folk 

Oh no, I'll be at the game, and hoping for an Arbroath win.  Why would I want to see us lose?  Interesting that you would like to see another striker signed though, and would like to see an option on the bench.  You were absolutely furious at anyone else who had the temerity to suggest the same thing.  Sounds like you owe some people on here some apologies.

45 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Oh no, I'll be at the game, and hoping for an Arbroath win.  Why would I want to see us lose?  Interesting that you would like to see another striker signed though, and would like to see an option on the bench.  You were absolutely furious at anyone else who had the temerity to suggest the same thing.  Sounds like you owe some people on here some apologies.

No that’s not even the same thing.

The discussion before was about the League Cup and how we should’ve had more strikers signed weeks ago (because the strikers we had were injured). I had said only having two signed at that (and this stage, note how I said it would be good not that it is absolutely vital) stage of the season was completely normal and an acceptable position because you’d rather get good players in instead of just signing bodies for the sake of it… 

Now the League Cup is over more loans will become available from now right up until the end of the window where you’d hope that we’d manage to add these guys in the next couple of weeks, other clubs will be in the same boat, it would be good to get them as soon as we can yes but also understand that may not be possible as it’ll be determined by factors outwith our control, the other club.

I am happy to apologise, but I certainly will not be apologising to you after you’ve bombarded this place with utter nonsense for an extended period of time. I think you should maybe take your own advice. 

There use to be an ignore/block function that would certainly have helped this thread but it doesn’t look like it’s available anymore 

Edit - There it is ⬇️

IMG_2666.png

Edited by lichtie23

45 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

There use to be an ignore/block function that would certainly have helped this thread but it doesn’t look like it’s available anymore 

Edit - There it is ⬇️

IMG_2666.png

Lovely stuff

Some very triggered people on here. All this because I (and others) suggested weeks ago that it would be good management to have a minimum of 3 strikers in the squad for a system that requires 2 strikers.  The people who spent so long hurling abuse and insults in response can't bring themselves to admit they got it wrong and that they now agree with us.  Very sad that people have such insecurities.   

Lets hope the team are a bit more cohesive than this on Saturday, and it would indeed be good to have a third striker in by the weekend, I'm glad others agree!  I'd feel a bit more comfortable knowing that we have options, especially considering both our strikers effectively missed pre-season.  We saw the effects last year of rushing players back before we were ready, and we need to be careful not to do the same again.  I'd be surprised if we start the game with both Gallagher and Reilly.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Edit - There it is ⬇️

IMG_2666.png

Much obliged thank you!