The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:
I’ll just sit here and hope. 

1 hour ago, TheRoundO said:

I’ll just sit here and hope. 

Well that is all you can do, all we can do and all any fan of any team can do. 

36 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

How we all feeling for Saturday?

Extremely unsure, I can see why it would go well for several reasons and I can see why it  might not for several reasons. 

Buzzing that league duty is back however and we are not going into a campaign as the team that’s expected to be relegated.

You’d hope there would be more enjoyable Saturdays than what we’ve had recently. 

The week to week league duty is the best bit about being a supporter of not just your club but a fan of Scottish Football overall. Looking forward to the madness 

On 31/07/2024 at 17:08, lichtie23 said:

Right lads. Preseason prediction time.

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

4-New Signing of the Season

5-Does McIntyre last the season? 

For me

1- Champions

2- Callum Gallagher

3-Thomas O’Brien

4- Callum Gallagher

5- Yes

1 - Promotion play offs 

2 - Gallagher 

3 - Reilly

4 - McAdams

5 - Yes

On 31/07/2024 at 17:08, lichtie23 said:

Right lads. Preseason prediction time.

1-League position?

2-Top Goalscorer?

3-Player of the Year?

4-New Signing of the Season

5-Does McIntyre last the season? 

For me

1- Champions

2- Callum Gallagher

3-Thomas O’Brien

4- Callum Gallagher

5- Yes

1. 4th

2. Gallagher

3. Gallagher

4. McAdams

5, ideally

Got my ticket.  First I had a look on the whatsapp channel, which was supposed to be the default communication method, which told me how much the tickets would be.  However, I then had to go on twitter to get the actual link.

It sometimes feels like our socials team write a post, and then roll a dice to decide what channel to post it on.  

Im sure we recently had a case of a signing announcement teased on one channel, but then announced on another!

On the eve of the new league season let’s remember that nothing is achieved with a divided pack! Supporters, Players, Management and directors are all in this together. There will be plenty of momentous highs and soul crushing lows over the next 8 months…….and we wouldn’t have it any other way! Supporting this wonderful football club is an experience like no other!

Here’s to a successful 2024/25 season 🇱🇻🏆

#Always

IMG_2701.jpeg

48 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

On the eve of the new league season let’s remember that nothing is achieved with a divided pack! Supporters, Players, Management and directors are all in this together. There will be plenty of momentous highs and soul crushing lows over the next 8 months…….and we wouldn’t have it any other way! Supporting this wonderful football club is an experience like no other!

Here’s to a successful 2024/25 season 🇱🇻🏆

#Always

IMG_2701.jpeg

Love it. Well said. Mon the Broath. 

5 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Got my ticket.  First I had a look on the whatsapp channel, which was supposed to be the default communication method, which told me how much the tickets would be.  However, I then had to go on twitter to get the actual link.

What the f**k are you on about you absolute goon the link is on the whatsapp channel

IMG_5607.png

10 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

What the f**k are you on about you absolute goon the link is on the whatsapp channel

IMG_5607.png

Wasn't on my whatsapp updates at the time.  Why so angry?  I went through the whatsapp, and it wasn't there as of this afternoon.  Its there now, but I did not have it earlier on.  Maybe a downloading problem on my end.  When I didn't have the message, I just assumed it was part of the pattern of things being posted on some social channels, but not others, which is something that plenty of other people have complained about on here previously.  Evidently an innocent mistake on my part, so why are you so angry?  What happened to "all in this together" from just a couple posts ago?

Edited to add, I didn't have the golf day stuff earlier on either, but do now so clearly it was just a problem on my end, rather than the usual social media weirdness.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

It was posted once on sunday and once yesterday not sure how you’ve managed to miss them both but it’s so strange how you just leap to slander the media team because of something which turned out to not even be their fault hahaha I admit I’ve slagged the media team yes but it’s for things within their control 

3 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

It was posted once on sunday and once yesterday not sure how you’ve managed to miss them both but it’s so strange how you just leap to slander the media team because of something which turned out to not even be their fault hahaha I admit I’ve slagged the media team yes but it’s for things within their control 

I've criticised the social media team less than just about anyone else on here.  Calm down, take a deep breath.  There have been plenty of cases of things being posted on one channel, but not on others.  People on here have complained about it.  It was an innocent mistake, someone who has frequently praised the socials.  Just calm down.  Deep breaths.  We've got a match tomorrow, lets try a bit of positivity eh?

Edited to add, I think the only other time I criticised the socials was when we didn't have a goodbye post to Gaston...but I found out on here that the club had posted it elsewhere (Facebook I think).  I foolishly assumed this time it was the same again.  Calm down eh?

Edited by ExiledLichtie

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Shocked at this, no way

You find internet connection problems shocking?  Let's just focus on the football eh.    

Think we'll have many of the loan players you've been promising in time for tomorrow's game? 

6 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

You find internet connection problems shocking?  Let's just focus on the football eh.    

Think we'll have many of the loan players you've been promising in time for tomorrow's game? 

You make posts like this all day every day to everybody, yet are somehow completely oblivious as to why you do everyone’s nut in, it’s hilarious 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You make posts like this all day every day to everybody, yet are somehow completely oblivious as to why you do everyone’s nut in, it’s hilarious 

"All day, every day"?  Untrue.  So, those loan players?  Think we'll have a pre match announcement?  After all, the league cup is over.  I prefer to focus on the football.  Personal attacks are best left to seemingly angry kids like you.

50 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

"All day, every day"?  Untrue.  So, those loan players?  Think we'll have a pre match announcement?  After all, the league cup is over.  I prefer to focus on the football.  Personal attacks are best left to seemingly angry kids like you.

50 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

👍🏻

Eta - absolute fud. Actually have you on ignore like I suspect the majority do so will stop replying from now on so this thread doesn’t become derailed once again by you and your pish and me biting. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Happy new league season day to Lichties all over the world! Safe journey to any supporter travelling to Stenhousemuir today. Let’s get behind the team from the start.

In Jim and the lads we trust! Cmon Arbroath 🇱🇻