The Arbroath Thread

9 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Earlier this week, I was delighted to release my interview with former Arbroath manager Dick Campbell. As we all know, he's a straight talking guy, and I reckon you'll find the story surrounding his Arbroath departure both telling and shocking. I'll link it below if any of you are interested, skip to around 31:36 for the story. I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest as well if you have a little time on your hands. As a former pupil of Scott Stewart, I wish you all the best for this season!

You’d be up all night fact checking our former managers various assertions. A terrible way to bring down the curtain on his tenure and 100% of his own making. 

1 hour ago, JoseMarooniho said:

You’d be up all night fact checking our former managers various assertions. A terrible way to bring down the curtain on his tenure and 100% of his own making. 

Which is crazy too because for me I think Pink is probably one of the nicest people you’ll ever have associated with Arbroath. What a lovely guy he is. 

Dick has done himself no favours at all. We’d be demanding the statue was built already if he had left with the decorum of his brother 

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I've nothing against Dick at all, possibly our greatest ever manager, and wish him well at East Fife, but even when he was our manager, I usually skipped his nonsense interviews!

Accusing the support of spitting on him and then continuing with the lie is unforgivable in my opinion. 

11 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Earlier this week, I was delighted to release my interview with former Arbroath manager Dick Campbell. As we all know, he's a straight talking guy, and I reckon you'll find the story surrounding his Arbroath departure both telling and shocking. I'll link it below if any of you are interested, skip to around 31:36 for the story. I'm sure you'll enjoy the rest as well if you have a little time on your hands. As a former pupil of Scott Stewart, I wish you all the best for this season!

who the f**k wants to listen to an ounce of the shite that man talks

2 hours ago, permalicht said:

Will be full of fabricated stories and nonsense as per from dick, won’t be listening sorry 

No problem at all mate. It’s been very refreshing to see the response to this, its always good to hear the other side of the story.

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Which is crazy too because for me I think Pink is probably one of the nicest people you’ll ever have associated with Arbroath. What a lovely guy he is. 

Dick has done himself no favours at all. We’d be demanding the statue was built already if he had left with the decorum of his brother 

I met Pink after we finished up, lovely guy. I can’t thank them enough for their time, however as someone who doesn’t follow Arbroath, it’s been interesting to see the response from you all.

15 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

who the f**k wants to listen to an ounce of the shite that man talks

Believe it or not it’s probably been the best performing one I’ve done so far, views wise. The responses on here have definitely helped build a bigger picture

16 minutes ago, Bob Bags said:

I had a quick nosey at it. The usual utter mince and self promoting. Never lets the facts get in the way of a good story. 

Thanks for the listen nevertheless mate, I did just sit back and let him go for it 😅

3 minutes ago, charliewheelen said:

Thanks for the listen nevertheless mate, I did just sit back and let him go for it 😅

If you want to get a guest that all Lichties will happily listen too try and get Bobby Linn. 

David Gold & Ricky Little would also get the support downloading. Plenty to talk about with Goldy such as his succesful coaching school

19 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

If you want to get a guest that all Lichties will happily listen too try and get Bobby Linn. 

David Gold & Ricky Little would also get the support downloading. Plenty to talk about with Goldy such as his succesful coaching school

Would love to have Bobby Linn on. I’ll see if I can get that set up, there is now unequivocal evidence there is demand! Hopefully if I’m back on this forum soon I come hearing better news 

1 hour ago, charliewheelen said:

Believe it or not it’s probably been the best performing one I’ve done so far, views wise. The responses on here have definitely helped build a bigger picture

Not a slight towards you obviously mate had a quick listen and you’re definitely someone I’d listen to in the future, like others have said I’d recommend trying to get someone such as Bobby Linn, Gav Swankie, Goldie etc on. All the best to you 🙌

14 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

Evening all,

Great job Charlie.

Dick Campbell must be a real double edged sword to interview  - plenty to say, but never shuts up.

Like others on here, not a fan of his, yes he achieved a lot, not a pleasant individual however.

Keep up the good work 👏