The Arbroath Thread

The writing was on the wall for McIntyre before today and the announcement of his departure was decided before today. I heard recent boardroom departures were due to disagreements over bringing in ex rangers interim manager Graeme Murty into the club. I’ve heard the shortlist is down to 5 men; the aforementioned Grame Murty, John Hughes, mixu paatelianen, Gary Locke and Stewart Petrie if we can prize him away from Montrose 

19 minutes ago, keptie said:

Definitely, we certainly shouldn't be expecting to win more than 2 league games in 11 months. Arrogant as feck

Pfffft, that’s nothing. We went without a single league win from October 1995 to September 1996 between the old first and second division. (All under the same manager and didn’t even sack him for a good while after that!)

Ffs, would it have really killed you to keep him one more week!

Edited by FifeSons

It was nothing short of f**king mental that McIntyre was even given the start of this season. An absolutely terrible manager, who only made you worse last year.

Edited by Zanetti

18 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Please stop this pish, the boy was trying to sack him last week, failed because of no boardroom backers, concentrate on sacking failures instead of attacking long life Arbroath supporters who go above and beyond.

Was just a joke based on all the pish about that other people have been saying😂

6 minutes ago, smokie29 said:

The writing was on the wall for McIntyre before today and the announcement of his departure was decided before today. I heard recent boardroom departures were due to disagreements over bringing in ex rangers interim manager Graeme Murty into the club. I’ve heard the shortlist is down to 5 men; the aforementioned Grame Murty, John Hughes, mixu paatelianen, Gary Locke and Stewart Petrie if we can prize him away from Montrose 

I was told by a credible source that recent departures from the board were due to trying to give funds to Arbroath Victoria Football Club but the man who can do good impressions was against this 

Correct decision 

Everyone will be behind Hammy and Goldy regardless - I said to @ecto just there it’s impressive at how bad he was making some of our players look. ToB was superb for the most part today and somehow still ended up on a team that conceded 3 goals. After the first went in we absolutely fell to bits. Players knew it, fans knew it - on to the next one

After Dick left it was imperative that we appointed someone who could continue the journey but the board got it completely wrong. They can't afford to not get the next appointment right or we will be in Lg2 next season

2 minutes ago, fafc1885 said:

Can I interest you in Ray McKinnon? Great attacking football that brings bags of goals. 

You guys should hire Todd Lumsden. I hear his Powerpoint presentations are a sight to behold