Has P&B Influenced You?

Ludo*1

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was a No voter for months without actually reading once about the referendum. Just seen Salmond as this fat p***k that waved a flag at Wimbledon like a moron. That was basically my standing. Then when I went up to uni, a girl I liked asked which way I was voting and I said No. She asked me why and I then realised that my answer was ridiculous.

It was at that point that I changed to an undecided and began to engage with the debate. I then began to lean to Yes. Reading some stuff on P & B and Twitter I'd say changed me from a slightly Yes leaning undecided to a Yes voter.

What really grinds my gears about the No camp is that they claim that it's about voting with your 'head not your heart'. I believed it too, but now I see that if it really was that way Yes would be running away with it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is taking information or opinion on independence from Pie and Bovril seriously then they spend too much time on the internet.

Surely we are spending too little time on the internet?

You've frequented a lot of sites in relation to the debate, with this being the most biased towards Yes, which suggests you're spending a lot of time on the internet looking for Pro No forums where as we're stuck in the Yes bubble in the limited internet time we have.

I was a No voter for months without actually reading once about the referendum. Just seen Salmond as this fat p***k that waved a flag at Wimbledon like a moron. That was basically my standing. Then when I went up to uni, a girl I liked asked which way I was voting and I said No. She asked me why and I then realised that my answer was ridiculous.

It was at that point that I changed to an undecided and began to engage with the debate. I then began to lean to Yes. Reading some stuff on P & B and Twitter I'd say changed me from a slightly Yes leaning undecided to a Yes voter.

What really grinds my gears about the No camp is that they claim that it's about voting with your 'head not your heart'. I believed it too, but now I see that if it really was that way Yes would be running away with it.

Girl you fancy laughed at you so you came on an internet forum where you felt warm and comfortable, beautiful tale :wub:

Why were you a "No" voter at the start of your story but nearing the end looked back upon your time as a a "slightly Yes leaning undecided" voter?

Is the sudden change to keep the reader entertained?

Girl you fancy laughed at you so you came on an internet forum where you felt warm and comfortable, beautiful tale :wub:

Why were you a "No" voter at the start of your story but nearing the end looked back upon your time as a a "slightly Yes leaning undecided" voter?

^^^ scothmist.

I'm watching you, sunshine. Tread carefully.

Surely we are spending too little time on the internet?

You've frequented a lot of sites in relation to the debate, with this being the most biased towards Yes, which suggests you're spending a lot of time on the internet looking for Pro No forums where as we're stuck in the Yes bubble in the limited internet time we have.

I have no clue as to what you're doing. If you were to use P&B as a source of knowledge i'd suggest you spend too much time on "social media websites".

As to your second part, no it doesn't, at all. Assuming things in such a way just makes you look a bit silly.

I have no clue as to what you're doing. If you were to use P&B as a source of knowledge i'd suggest you spend too much time on "social media websites".

As to your second part, no it doesn't, at all. Assuming things in such a way just makes you look a bit silly.

Where should we look for our knowledge on independence?

I was a No voter because I was brought up supporting the union: English family, Rangers supporting father etc. The significance of the girl was because she was the first person who had actually EVER questioned me on my decision, and I had no real answer.

I then changed to slightly leaning Yes voter because I had engaged with the debate and had looked at Yes Scotland's arguments and Better Together's arguments, and Better Together weren't convincing. Twitter and P & B then helped cement my standing. Savvy?

I was a No voter because I was brought up supporting the union: English family, Rangers supporting father etc. The significance of the girl was because she was the first person who had actually EVER questioned me on my decision, and I had no real answer.

I then changed to slightly leaning Yes voter because I had engaged with the debate and had looked at Yes Scotland's arguments and Better Together's arguments, and Better Together weren't convincing. Twitter and P & B then helped cement my standing. Savvy?

You were brought up supporting the union because your family is English and your dad supports Rangers? That's not a valid answer. The above two reasons are not synonymous with supporting the union, it's this type of mindset that shows a football forum is not the best place to form your opinions from, neither is Twitter where you're limited to 140 charachters.

Thanks for at least trying to explain though. Was the girl you fancy a "yes" supporter by any chance?

You were brought up supporting the union because your family is English and your dad supports Rangers? That's not a valid answer. The above two reasons are not synonymous with supporting the union, it's this type of mindset that shows a football forum is not the best place to form your opinions from, neither is Twitter where you're limited to 140 charachters.

Thanks for at least trying to explain though. Was the girl you fancy a "yes" supporter by any chance?

So why are you on a football forum then? What brought you here?

You seem awfully upset. I can't think why.

Just ignore him. :thumsup2

My family is unequivocally pro-union, and I was raised that way. They will not even consider a Yes vote in the referendum. Now if I've lived with them for 17 years of my life, you do not believe that they would have any influence on me voting No in the referendum?

ETA: By Twitter I also mean links to Youtube videos and news articles which aren't limited to 140 characters (not charachters lolz)

Thanks for the compliment.

;)

Strichener and Thumper were the first two that sprung to mind but other than that yes you do seem like a pretty smart bloke which is why im not sure why you are so critical of just one side.

P and B and this particular forum are defintely huge steps up in intelligence than your random punter on social media or on the street in my opinion.

If any rockets such as Im Rodger turn up they are quickly ridiculed before leaving aswell which doesnt happen in other places.

Not sure why Jehova is so critical of the debates had on here theyve been mostly on the whole rather good IMO.

Jeezo, didn't take you long.

Spitting feathers and hurling insults within a handful of posts.

Strichener and Thumper were the first two that sprung to mind but other than that yes you do seem like a pretty smart bloke which is why im not sure why you are so critical of just one side.

P and B and this particular forum are defintely huge steps up in intelligence than your random punter on social media or on the street in my opinion.

If any rockets such as Im Rodger turn up they are quickly ridiculed before leaving aswell which doesnt happen in other places.

Not sure why Jehova is so critical of the debates had on here theyve been mostly on the whole rather good IMO.

Even though I know some people loathe them - both H_B and Ad Lib help the debate. If you didn't have characters like that then I think you'd just have a circle of Yes supporters agreeing with each other. Any good debate requires at least a few individuals to counter arguments.

Archived