Has P&B Influenced You?

Ludo*1

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd say that it probably hasn't changed my overall decision but it's brought up several points which have made me more confident in my choice.

I would agree with this. I've always been in favour of independence, but some of the debates and information shared on here has increased my belief that I am making the right decision

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said that at all, i do believe they'd have a massive influence on your voting patterns, just don't get why you used your parents being English or your dads support of Rangers as a factor towards your reasoning. What do either have to do with Scottish independence?

Sorry i forgot that's what people usually mean when they say Twitter.

I realise that you're banned, and to be banned from a football website is quite a riddy but I'll answer anyway.

My parents are English with a large portion of my family living in England. They feel the Yes campaign is some sort of deep-rooted anti-English campaign and so I believed it too. My dad's support of Rangers culminated in him attempting to raise me up a Rangers fan by taking me to games etc where Union Jacks, Rule Brittania etc are an ever present. It's that sort of thing which convinced me at a young age that the UK is some sort of glorious institution. That's how it factored towards me originally voting No. Hope that helps.

And yes Twitter is a social networking site where news articles and opinions are shared so I thought it was fairly obvious.

Hasn't influenced me but it's directed me to no end of articles, videos and other resources that have been useful. I'm sure it's helped me no end to articulate my viewpoint to people.

There's no shortage of total raspers from both sides (no offence Yes voting P&B raspers) but the amount of decent info I've got from here is a good sign for the strengths of the Yes argument. Let's face it, when you discount trolls, uber-thick UKIP/Rangers types and a handful of more articulate frothing British nationalists, there's nothing left on the No side on here. Obviously this isn't wholly representative of No voting population but the total lack of decent No arguments is.

Ach you're an alright c**t really Confi.

The wee bouts of off topic bickering with the No's side proper thickos isn't to my taste but you're definitely in the category of people who have at times kept me informed with some decent links/info.

If I didn't love my current sig, I'd use "you're an alright c**t really" in a heartbeat.

Cheers, man.

:)

Hasn't influenced me in the slightest but through constantly debating on here I've had to educate myself on the issues.

I'd rather see a YES vote than Ayr winning the treble, that's how important I believe this decision is for the long term prospects of Scotland and those who live here.

Hasn't influenced me in the slightest but through constantly debating on here I've had to educate myself on the issues.

I'd rather see a YES vote than Ayr winning the treble, that's how important I believe this decision is for the long term prospects of Scotland and those who live here.

I feel I can only echo the above sentiments.

:)

Id happily give up my job for a guaranteed YES vote. (wont have too like but just saying)

It definately hasn't changed or influenced which way I will vote, though it has informed me of several things which I hadn't heard or considered before.

It has however reaffirmed my decision to vote NO though, given the stupidity of many YES voters whose vote and reasoning behind a YES vote is basically 'FREEEEEDOM!!!!!' :wacko:

Sigh...

I really am disappointed, if unsurpised by the above.

I have never met one Yes supporter who gives "freeeedoom" as a reason for voting Yes. Not when there are hundreds of other better reasons. Conversely, I have yet to see one positive reason for voting No.

Perhaps you can furnish me with one?

What's stopping you developing a backbone and voting Yes, 8mile?

It definately hasn't changed or influenced which way I will vote, though it has informed me of several things which I hadn't heard or considered before.

It has however reaffirmed my decision to vote NO though, given the stupidity of many YES voters whose vote and reasoning behind a YES vote is basically 'FREEEEEDOM!!!!!' :wacko:

Find me ONE person who has said that is their reason, please?

Absolute bullshit.

You're older than me, it's remarkable.

Thinking about this and dont get it, I am 22, if I am older than you then id wager near enough every single person thats commented on this thread is older than you so whats your point? How would you know my age anyway seeing as your newly formed membership account has never been on my profile?

^^^ forum's thickest poster speaks.

Never seen the film. Wha's Like Us is a much better representation of our nation TBH.

always was a no but really kept out of this forum untill about 6-7 months ago when I was starting to get really into it, however the constant scaremongering from both sides , any debate just turning into constant shite flinging and personal insults I was put off of the whole thing about 2 months ago.

have started engaging more over the last few weeks as the vote has obviously got closer and the debate seems to be back to a bit more reasonable terms now. I have enjoyed some of the debates on pnb although it is clearly a more yes sided website but so be it , not something I am going to get my knickers in a twist over it. the thing is I enjoy the whole debate and like to have a bit of humour when I can on the subject but my biggest worry is thier seems to be people on both sides who are building a resentment bordering on hate of the oposition side, which is quite alarming but hopefull that will die down in the months after whatever result takes place on the 18th.

Archived