Has P&B Influenced You?

Ludo*1

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

always was a no but really kept out of this forum untill about 6-7 months ago when I was starting to get really into it, however the constant scaremongering from both sides , any debate just turning into constant shite flinging and personal insults I was put off of the whole thing about 2 months ago.

have started engaging more over the last few weeks as the vote has obviously got closer and the debate seems to be back to a bit more reasonable terms now. I have enjoyed some of the debates on pnb although it is clearly a more yes sided website but so be it , not something I am going to get my knickers in a twist over it. the thing is I enjoy the whole debate and like to have a bit of humour when I can on the subject but my biggest worry is thier seems to be people on both sides who are building a resentment bordering on hate of the oposition side, which is quite alarming but hopefull that will die down in the months after whatever result takes place on the 18th.

I make no bones about the fact that I will openly resent No voters in the event of a No vote.

Probably for many, many years.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will "What way did you vote?" replace "What school did you go to?" after independence?

On an entirely different tack from usual, I'd very much hope that the abolition of segregated schooling is back on the cards post-indy.

If either of you could've been clever enough to point out where exactly I said someone had actually said 'FREEEEDOMM!!!' instead of deliberately misquoting me, you might have got an educated, rational debate and not looked like a pair of desperate point-scoring halfwits. Better luck next time. Better Together.

You said, in your opening tirade: "given the stupidity of many YES voters whose vote and reasoning behind a YES vote is basically 'FREEEEEDOM!!!!!"

I then said "I have never met one Yes supporter who gives "freeeedoom" as a reason for voting Yes"

Then you follow it up with: "If either of you could've been clever enough to point out where exactly I said someone had actually said 'FREEEEDOMM!!!' instead of deliberately misquoting me"

Take your time. I know you're a bit thick, but you'll get there in the end. I even made it nice and bold and underlined it for you.

Ladies and gents, the brain and inner workings of the No voter.

Yeah, uh-huh... So all you've done here is repeat the stupidity of the first two posters and now look equally if not more stupid. Better luck next time. Better Together.

Yeah that's what's happened here. Good luck with your No vote, you utter imbecile.

Yeah, uh-huh... So all you've done here is repeat the stupidity of the first two posters and now look equally if not more stupid. Better luck next time. Better Together.

Ah....semantics. What other total p***k on here uses semantics as their M.O??

Yeah it certainly is. Your 'storming off in a huff' type post above says it all really.

Better luck next time.

Better Together.

Yeah, I've stormed off in the huff. Cos that's what I'm doing by responding.

:1eye

Tick tock, sunshine.

On an entirely different tack from usual, I'd very much hope that the abolition of segregated schooling is back on the cards post-indy.

Why would it need to be post-Indy? Education is a devolved issue, the SNP could do it post no vote if they wanted.

Indeed Scotland has a far more segregated schooling system than the rUK.

ETA - no PNB hasn't influenced me in the slightest.

And in one ill-judged post, you have swooped in and stole the Thickest Poster title right back. Congratulations.

So you admit you held that dubious title?

I wouldn't say that P&B has influenced my vote as I was always voting yes. I have read over this bit of the forum and I actually think it's been a good source of information for people.

Most of the no voters I know are not really engaged with social media or the net as a whole, and i fear are voting no from the (misleading) information to hand. The net seems to be the main place to get reasonable and balanced information and debate.

Sites like P&B have got people to read and consider the issue which is the most important thing. Those laughing at the idea of getting info through this bit of the forum are wrong :P.

We don't actually have segregated schooling. If we had that only Catholics would go to Catholic schools etc. I teach in a Catholic secondary which has a roll where around 60% are nominally Catholic - the other pupils are Muslims, other Christian churches and no religion.

Many parents choose Catholic schools not just because of their own religion but because of the ethos of Catholic schools is different from a lot of non-denominational schools. Having taught equal lengths of time in both Catholic and non-denominational schools I would have to agree. That's not to say they are better but that they have a different ethos.

Archived