Dundee Utd vs Hamilton Accies - 13/09/14

To be fair, our 'hoofball' yesterday was more to do with our sending off and us running out of ideas, it isn't the usual way play. I do think we have become a bit more direct this year though.

I don't think we played much football before the sending off.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoofball is such a moronic phrase. Lumping balls up for a no.9 to challenge centre halfs and hope for scraps is Shite football.

However, there is nothing wrong with long diagonals if a side are pressing high and you have pacy wingers who can exploit the gaps. We get a lot of joy from pinging them in to GMS who can then get in behind a defence (his cut backs and final ball are another matter)

However, it can't be your only form of attack and yesterday we were a bit Shite at it.

Halle-fcuking-lujah!!!!

Our midfield are a joke - don't even know who plays in Hamilton's midfield, but they took the piss out of us.

We told you Erskine was the good one. To be fair I think Accies have an excellent midfield, Christ knows what MacKinnon has been doing in the juniors all this time, and Crawford is a really classy player.

I think midfeild is defo our strongest position, on there day they are up there with the best in Scotland its sucha good balance, we are a defender and an striker away from being very much a top 6 6 team.

I 100% agree with that. Absolute brilliant team.

Left feeling a bit disappointed that we didn't take all 3 points yesterday.

The MAC put in a great shift and its obvious he's enjoying his football again.

Tony Andreu was almost unplayable, bets player not he park by a country mile, until a cynical tackle all but ended his game. (same goes for the tackle on Garcia) Will be surprised if Andreu is still with us after the next transfer window. Seeing as his prospective father in law is the Celtic assistant manager I can see him ending up there.

Our midfield was allowed to play, for some reason United stood off us, whereas we closed down quickly.

Once Garcia went off we lost our solidity at the back, his replacement Mikey Devlin gave away the first goal and does not have Garcias composure or distribution skills. Another centre half is essential for cover.

Hope the highlights show both of McKinnons yellows. Cannot understand the first. he was assaulted by Ciftci, he did not look as if he was retaliating, yet he got a yellow. Did not see what happened for the second one, too busy celebrating the goal. If he did provoke the bench or Ciftci then he's a silly boy and will hopefully learn his lesson.

I think Alexs comment about him last season sums him up. 'He's got a bit of devilment about him' To be honest that what makes him the player he is and I would not want to take it away. maybe just temper it a bit.

Looking forward to next week.

You were wrong. Erskine is absolutely miles behind Paton in terms of his contribution to United.

No doubting Erskine did nothing last season, but Paton is lucky in being a limited player in a position where United have few options, whereas Erskine is a good player in a position where United have lots of options. Not sure what McNamara is up to trying him at centre forward though.

I w as talking to a guy on the train who plays Saturday afternoon football and goes to the Accies when not playing and he played against McKinnon just over 4 years ago.He said he was the best box to box midfielder he had ever seen in amateur football.He was 24 at the time,so just shows you the strides the guy has made in 4 years.

Yesterday was a game of 2 halves.First half fantastic, but second half more humdrum not surprisingly.At Accies we could play 2 midfields such is our strength in that area,but have weaknesses in other areas.United should really have more firepower.To rely on a loose cannon may cost them,But he is a player who has talent.

The initial incident between MacKinnon and Ciftci could have easily been left with a warning for both players from the ref, both players were just being a bit silly but nothing more. MacKinnon didn't let Ciftci go and Ciftci gave him a shove, nothing in it at all. The ref did the famous 'book both players' routine used by referees the world over.

Just seen the highlights, still can't understand what Ciftci's first yellow was for though it doesn't excuse his stupidity for the second. Won't be too harsh on Morris, one of these things and he's been pretty good since joining us.

Great header from Fojut and he could have had a second.

Delighted with a point been watching spl highlights for the last 2 years and Dundee Utd have impressed me I rate them as the 2nd top team in Scotland.This was a massive test for us and we were ready for it nothing to fear in the SPL if we can hold on to this squad of players.I thought both sendings off were a bit harsh sheer stupidity by the players who need a right good kick up the arse for there behaviour.

Archived