Wid

Confidemus

I grew up in a small village looking onto Faslane. Lots of my family work there, including one directly related to the trident submarine but guess what? He is voting yes! He will probably lose his job in time if we do have a Yes vote but that's not his priority when it comes to his vote.

One of my best mates works for the Student Loans Company. It's no stretch of the imagination to suggest that his job, as it is, may change or be under threat under independence.

He is one of the most staunch Yes voters I know. Yes voters, I find, are more concerned with Scotland and future generations as a whole.

Ditto with a mate whose bird works for Standard Life. Both of them are staunch yes voters, as is another mate whose bird also works there.

Not that I think for a second that Standard Life will leave Scotland, but you know what folk are like, they'll believe anything (hence why SL made that statement to begin with).

Quite an interesting watch, used to live there with my family. My parents still live in Helensburgh, and I visit them fairly often. They're staunch No because they're convinced that Helensburgh will become a complete ghost town if/when Trident is scrapped (closures of Faslane/Coulport). I'm leaning more towards Helensburgh being fine post-Indy, because it's in a great geographical location with excellent transport links, and is in an area of great natural beauty. edit: but anyway, its refreshing to see someone from the area being positive about Helensburgh's prospects post-Indy.

Think she might be related to my old French teacher, the name rings a bell.

Quite an interesting watch, used to live there with my family. My parents still live in Helensburgh, and I visit them fairly often. They're staunch No because they're convinced that Helensburgh will become a complete ghost town if/when Trident is scrapped (closures of Faslane/Coulport). I'm leaning more towards Helensburgh being fine post-Indy, because it's in a great geographical location with excellent transport links, and is in an area of great natural beauty. edit: but anyway, its refreshing to see someone from the area being positive about Helensburgh's prospects post-Indy.

Think she might be related to my old French teacher, the name rings a bell.

Helensburgh will be fine. All the live in service personnel will be more likely to stay in the local area rather than travel to England as they do now.

Archived