All things Dundee FC

Tricky one for the club this. If results go against them it could all be settled before a ball is kicked. Not sure I'd buy a ticket a week in advance for a similar situation at Tannadice, and reckon The Dees will sell more than usual if they're available. Think I'd give them the Bobby Cox and not sell the main stand tickets till after the first round of games at least.

I would reckon us Dees would show up in numbers if the roles were reversed.... anyhow, with tickets on sale before the next round of games (I assume) the club will surely have to offer the usual allocation. I assume they only get the Main Stand tickets once the Shankley is almost sold out.

The club could lose out on some money though if they lose their next game and don't turn up for the derby. Tricky one!

Read somewhere earlier, think it was Facebook but the club haven't spoke to Konrad or Gadzahlov yet about contract extensions. I'm not really surprised to be honest, Konrad has been a hit or a miss, definitely a player there but I don't think we can guarantee him first team football week in week out. Gadz looks like he's came on to a game the past two months but I think he'll definitely be out the door. Supposedly another SPL team and a few English league one teams after Konrad.

We've got Jules, O'Dea and Meggat just now with McPake to come back. If we're getting rid of Konrad and Gadz, I'd also punt Meggat somehow, bring in another centre half then use Matty Allan as cover. f**k knows what our budget will be like now and how fast we can move now we're bottom six.

Hopefully McGinn signs on very soon.

Read somewhere earlier, think it was Facebook but the club haven't spoke to Konrad or Gadzahlov yet about contract extensions. I'm not really surprised to be honest, Konrad has been a hit or a miss, definitely a player there but I don't think we can guarantee him first team football week in week out. Gadz looks like he's came on to a game the past two months but I think he'll definitely be out the door. Supposedly another SPL team and a few English league one teams after Konrad.

We've got Jules, O'Dea and Meggat just now with McPake to come back. If we're getting rid of Konrad and Gadz, I'd also punt Meggat somehow, bring in another centre half then use Matty Allan as cover. f**k knows what our budget will be like now and how fast we can move now we're bottom six.

Hopefully McGinn signs on very soon.

It was in the telegraph and quotes from Hartley so seems reliable.

Being very critical though, my worry is that:

McPake - Will be 32 and returning from a very serious knee injury. Injury history before Dundee is bad. His performances when fit this season have looked like he's on the decline

O'Dea - Seems to give a bit of presence and is vastly experienced. Hopefully a pre-season will get a bit more out of him but he does look a bit limited with pace and picks up wee knocks a lot

Julen - First season at this level and badly struggled with injuries which have prevented him from playing regularly. Some good signs but last week he looked completely destroyed by playing multiple games in a week and was horrendous

Meggatt - Doesn't look like a centre back at this level and hasn't really got game time (made worse by his injuries). Potential for being OK in a back 3.

I wouldn't want to be relying too much on McPake given his status and the others there have their issues. It could go very well and they could all get fit but my worry is that a couple of injuries will destroy us in that department.

Not sure what choices or targets we could bring in but at least with Konrad and Gadzhalov, we know what we're getting. Both are 26 (which could be considered young for centre backs) and they have a good amount of game time and have shown their own strengths. Konrad has a lot more game time and doesn't have the language barrier issue that Gadzhalov has and he's a bit different to our other defenders in that he's a bit faster (O'Dea, Julen and Gadzhalov are all very slow) so I think he'd edge it if I was keeping one of them.

Issue is that if we go for another centre back who's got an iffy history (i.e. not proven at this level or injury prone) we could end up a lot worse off.  We should be assuming the worst possible scenario and accounting for 2 or 3 to have continuing problems.

Hoping that after the first couple of post-split games, we start to experiment a bit more and give a bit of game time to players on the fringes. Meggatt hasn't really had a shot at left back and he's had bad luck with injuries but he's signed up for that other year so I'd really like to see if he's up for it and looks like he can contribute something so we can make a decision early.

I'm a bit worried that going into next season - James McPake is still going to be the best CH at the club.

We need a dominant rock beside a player like Konrad. A fast reliable defender beside O'Dea. And a player that can talk Julen through games without him getting injured.

I don't think we've got a truly decent partnership amongst them.

I wasn't there on Saturday but they have looked much better as a three. I think that suits Konrad best and covers for O'Dea's lack of pace and plays to his strengths. If we had McPake (Assuming he comes back the same which is a big if) I like the idea of him O'Dea and Konrad as a back three as all three of their deficiencies are covered for. Allows McPake to be covered when he's got himself well out of position, allows O'Dea's to get away with his lack of pace and allows Konrad to focus on his strengths as it's not as vital he be great in the air with McPake an O'Dea providing the aerial presence.

What is the point in arturo? On another note phil Roberts plays for Sligo rovers now

I'm pretty sure that we were trying to get Arturo signed up on a longer deal than the loan deal we eventually agreed. Think he was signed with the thinking that planning for another forward was sensible given the interest that Stewart and Hemmings will receive and the possibility they will be gone.

It is a bit frustrating that we haven't signed in other areas but I suppose it's better we've at least signed him for a short term deal and found out he isn't up to it rather than a 2-3 year deal that we've been handing out to other players.

The fact we've never had the same back 4 for more than two games says it all really

When we have had the same back-line (Holt, O'Dea, Konrad, McGinn), we went 4 games (albeit 2 were against Dumbarton) without conceding and it felt like we were actually starting to look OK for a bit. Think half the battle is just getting a run of games together without having to change everything.

I wasn't there on Saturday but they have looked much better as a three. I think that suits Konrad best and covers for O'Dea's lack of pace and plays to his strengths. If we had McPake (Assuming he comes back the same which is a big if) I like the idea of him O'Dea and Konrad as a back three as all three of their deficiencies are covered for. Allows McPake to be covered when he's got himself well out of position, allows O'Dea's to get away with his lack of pace and allows Konrad to focus on his strengths as it's not as vital he be great in the air with McPake an O'Dea providing the aerial presence.

Got this sort of thinking too.

I've thought that McGinn has looked pretty good in the three too and had the same sort of impact that you've alluded too with Konrad but only seen him play there 3 times (Celtic, Hearts and United) so maybe not enough to know if it's a long-term option. If Kerr shows he can produce at wing back (which he has showed signs of doing but think we should expect that he'll have some poor games like at the weekend where Hamilton just targetted him out of the game) and show a bit of consistency, this may well be something we use regularly. On the left, Holt has been doing better with this system too and Williams seems like he might be able to play that sort of role too which would give a bit of competition.

Not 100% sure but I believe McGinn started his career at centre back with Queen's Park.

I wish we knew more about even the general direction Hartley wants to go in.

He's impossible to predict. Doesn't make fun for those that like to speculate but I prefer it to the way we used to operate.

Just bought a tickets online for the Derby in the Derry. Do you usually get to pick your seats before buying or do the club randomly give you seats? Couldn't see an option to pick seats, just an option to view the pitch from a certain area.

Just bought a tickets online for the Derby in the Derry. Do you usually get to pick your seats before buying or do the club randomly give you seats? Couldn't see an option to pick seats, just an option to view the pitch from a certain area.

Same here. Every other time I've bought tickets online I've had to select my seats but this time I couldn't see an option and they just gave me 4. Glad I'm not the only one! What did you use to book the tickets?

Same here. Every other time I've bought tickets online I've had to select my seats but this time I couldn't see an option and they just gave me 4. Glad I'm not the only one! What did you use to book the tickets?

Yeah I've bought 4 as well, basically just went straight to the payment page. Just used my iPhone at work, seemed a decent and fast enough process.

Yeah I've bought 4 as well, basically just went straight to the payment page. Just used my iPhone at work, seemed a decent and fast enough process.

I used iPhone too so maybe that's how we couldn't select seats. Yeah I think it's a good service but reckon a few people get caught out not registering an account for every ticket.