All things Dundee FC

Pretty good run out tonight. No real surprises. We were better up front with Haber, F E K and Wighton - who had some great runs. Weaker in midfield with Low, Hateley, O'Hara v a four of Gowser, Vincent, Ross and the other boy from ICT. Low looked well off the pace - maybe not surprising. O'Dea and Gadzo looked the best CH's but Gomis looked ok too. Cammy Kerr looks class. Enjoyable night really.

14 hours ago, Moo said:

Possibly but I'm guessing St Mirren are probably only one of a couple of teams in the first who could afford to pay 100% of his wages. I'd happily take a punt on Mallan though.

Mallan wouldn't be a punt,  he'd be a sound investment. He needs to improve on the physical side of his game but with a better team around him, he'd flourish again.  I'd like to think we'll keep him til the summer before offloading him as he still has another year left.  A year ago I'd have scoffed at the suggestion of him going to Dundee (no disrespect) but now I reckon it could be just the shot in the arm his career needs. 

Problem is,  we're due around £200k if we allow his contract to run out as a development fee but we played the same game with McGinn and lost out on a fee in lieu of 1/3 of whatever Hibs eventually sell him for (which could yet prove to be a masterstroke). I'd imagine £100k, Loy and a similar clause would secure Mallan. Of course I'm purely speculating on the fees involved.  I know we knocked back £60k in the summer from you guys. 

Mallan wouldn't be a punt,  he'd be a sound investment. He needs to improve on the physical side of his game but with a better team around him, he'd flourish again.  I'd like to think we'll keep him til the summer before offloading him as he still has another year left.  A year ago I'd have scoffed at the suggestion of him going to Dundee (no disrespect) but now I reckon it could be just the shot in the arm his career needs. 
Problem is,  we're due around £200k if we allow his contract to run out as a development fee but we played the same game with McGinn and lost out on a fee in lieu of 1/3 of whatever Hibs eventually sell him for (which could yet prove to be a masterstroke). I'd imagine £100k, Loy and a similar clause would secure Mallan. Of course I'm purely speculating on the fees involved.  I know we knocked back £60k in the summer from you guys. 

Wonder if you'll be solvent long enough to collect your share of McGinn deal?

33 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Aye, we'll be okay! There have been clubs in a lot worse positions than we have and managed to get away with it. As far as I'm aware, there's no real financial issues and the crowds, whilst down, aren't quite at panic levels.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye, we'll be okay! There have been clubs in a lot worse positions than we have and managed to get away with it. As far as I'm aware, there's no real financial issues and the crowds, whilst down, aren't quite at panic levels.

Very interesting.

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Considering we are shite and bottom of the League we are still getting 3k home fans so think we will be going for a while yet.