All things Dundee FC

Never mind lads it'll soon be over. I'll miss you boys but suppose you can console yourselves by having the Derby back next season. Is there any players you have that are capable enough and would like to further their career in the top 5 teams in the country?

United aren't coming up mate. Don't be such a daft c**t.

I think that Hartley has taken us as far as he can.

Maybe we will stay up, maybe we wont, but it will be the same scenario every season for as long as we keep him. Im not saying sack him, im just saying it how I see it. His signings have been 90% pish and Hemmings was signed with a really poor release clause.

Looking at the bench last night our only possible "game changing" (and I use that term very loosely) player was El Bak and he was put on too late and out of position. I understand there is not much of a squad to choose from and some players will have to play out of position, but this is his fault, at the end of the day, he picks who comes in.

His tactics were poor, I understand that Haber is a target man and wins a fair few headers but its the only idea he had and if nobody picks up the knock down then it becomes pointless and obvious to the opposition, my 8 year old even said last night "why do they always put the crosses in to Haber?"

The players are not blameless either, McGowan needs to take a look at his own game before standing still flapping his arms moaning at everyone else, Wighton needs to learn how to stay on his feet and bulk up, Gomis and Julen need to learn how to defend, but again this is down to Hartleys motivation and training. 

I understand budgets are tight, but everyone else (apart from Celtic and Rangers) is working within limits. The Americans need to stump up a bit of cash for the squad, we know they have it for new stadiums, games in the US etc. However they need to release some for squad. Having said that, I dont want it to be Hartley that spends it.

In my opinion, if we want to progress to the next level, we need to change out the management.

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Avoid the play-offs, and bin all of the shitebags you signed Hartley, then you might have a chance. Thank you.

Thank you.

This is the only way forward. This means Low, McGowan, Julen, Ross, Mitchell, Gomis, Hateley, Loy, Duffy and Williams.

I've not got much against Williams but if we're 2 0 down and Aberdeen and he can't get on it says it all.

3 years in and we're back to a rebuilding job. Not good.

I'd prefer it if he goes at the seasons end after keeping us up. I'd consider him to have done a quite good job. Can we trust him to rebuild again? Nobody knows.

3 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I'd prefer it if he goes at the seasons end after keeping us up. I'd consider him to have done a quite good job. Can we trust him to rebuild again? Nobody knows.

Pretty much my thoughts.

He's done well to get us up and keep us up IMO, but it's just too frustrating to watch the same abject performance every single week. I think he'll fall on his sword at the end of the season.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

This is the only way forward. This means Low, McGowan, Julen, Ross, Mitchell, Gomis, Hateley, Loy, Duffy and Williams.

I've not got much against Williams but if we're 2 0 down and Aberdeen and he can't get on it says it all.

3 years in and we're back to a rebuilding job. Not good.

He's the biggest shite-bag out of the lot of them. IMO.

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He's the biggest shite-bag out of the lot of them. IMO.

100% agree Biggie.  To sign Williams on a 3 year contract is an utter disgrace, especially when money is tight.  

In the small periods when we did have possession last night I thought we were way too slow in any meaningful quick passing.  All too often the player in possession would turn back on himself, pass the ball backwards only for the receiving player to hoof it up the park - by which time Aberdeen's midfield and defence were back in their correct positions after moving forward.

I'm no football purist so if the big punt up the park means goals and points then that's fine by me but get it done quickly and make sure that Wighton actually knows where Haber is trying to place the headers he wins!  To me Wighton wasn't playing close enough to Haber.

At the Q&A session with Hartley at the start of the season someone raised the issue of slow meaningless passing.  Hartley lambasted the man for suggesting this.  If Hartley can't see that their is a real lack of creative passing /  movement off the ball / playing at pace then we definitely have major problems.

It's purely Hartleys fault that Williams is here on a three year deal. 

People are taking it out on Williams because he's not contributing much lately, but he will have been watched and Hartley wanted him in. There should be no element of surprise when a player is signed - Hartley has signed him not knowing what he would really give. 

He looked OK at the seasons start IMO, especially County away; certainly wouldn't have him above the likes of Julen who has constantly fucked us over the course of two seasons. 

Never mind lads it'll soon be over. I'll miss you boys but suppose you can console yourselves by having the Derby back next season. Is there any players you have that are capable enough and would like to further their career in the top 5 teams in the country?

8 of your first team are out of contract at the end of the season and the best you can hope for is 1 or 2 of hem re-signing. You're little purple patch is over and you will return to being the diddy team that you always have been very shortly.

The amount of times in the last few weeks McGowan has been 5 yards away from an opposition player with the ball, yet thinks it be more necessary to turn around and have a little strop at someone rather than closing the ball down is really starting to do my fucking tits in. I love the boy but maybe he should concentrate on being less shite himself rather than worrying about how shite everyone else is around him.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

First season he surpassed himself mega. Now he is fighting a losing battle. However end of the day it's him who makes the signings and majority of them have not been the best. In saying that we are still in top flight football.

Yes we may have all these pish players but where should we be aiming for in the league ? Also say Hartley does depart /get sacked then who would you as Dundee fans like to come in?

Low,  Julen, Gomis, Hateley, Loy, Duffy and Williams. They are not the best and need to be moved on.

Mitchell for me has not didto much wrong, kept 2 clean sheets and got dropped?

The only player who i feel we really need to keep hold of more than anything is Kerr. Just think he is a great talent

It's not upto us as your average fans to work out who would take us forward. The board would have applications from all over and would have to do their job to bring in the right man. That's what they get paid for.