All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, Daydream said:

On a brighter note I was amazed at how many folk turned up for the family day today. I wonder if the club could do something like that for more/all games where the away support can be easily accommodated in the Main Stand.

Crowd was 6k apparently, Coxy was half empty so I assume many of the folk that sit there simply took their kids to the other stand... slightly more than we'd usually get against Hamilton IMO.

Eta I'd just like to clarify I'm a season ticket holder in the Derry. I do not condone people sitting in the Bobby Cox.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

Crowd was 6k apparently, Coxy was half empty so I assume many of the folk that sit there simply took their kids to the other stand... slightly more than we'd usually get against Hamilton IMO.
Eta I'd just like to clarify I'm a season ticket holder in the Derry. I do not condone people sitting in the Bobby Cox.
Thank you.

Shankly should be a home stand anyway. Always hated how away fans can clap their team out the tunnel but we can't.

41 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's came out and said to the media that he's ran out of ideas. Wow.

Let's be brutally honest here.  He never really had any ideas.   Hemmings, Stewart and Bain (of old) carried the team in a big way.

You don't have to go through over 50 players in such a short time if you have a clear idea of what your doing.

Thank you.

I thought the guy said 6400 which is a good 1100/1200 more than the usual Hamilton crowd. Definitely agree that some of the coxy crowd took advantage of the offer. Maybe it should be the family stand. Could maybe work if the price is right

Pity the team played shite :(

23 minutes ago, K.T said:

Horrifying to think that Hartley's early success may have been riding on the coattails of Bomber.

*shudder*

Bomber's management was horrific in those final days. Hartley came in and played the correct selection of players in their correct positions with a game-plan appropriate for the team we were playing - simple and effective. Roll on and he seems to have forgotten these simple rules. Said to a mate just before kick off that the game would be decided before kick off - and when I saw Kerr going to the LB position it was pretty much all over. Back 5 at home against Hamilton, he is the master of giving the opposition possession!! Lots of players out of their best position when we need to get their confidence up. He's got to go but Nelms strikes me as a wet blanket so suspect we're doomed      

I've not heard or read Hartley's post match interviews but if it's true he's saying he's run out of ideas yet he's not prepared to do the honourable thing and walk then it's clear that he's just hanging about for the pay off. 

I've not heard or read Hartley's post match interviews but if it's true he's saying he's run out of ideas yet he's not prepared to do the honourable thing and walk then it's clear that he's just hanging about for the pay off. 

78e39a94dd5cebe992048a87f28d6deb.jpg

Bomber got sacked being top of the league.
Hartley will be sacked for being shite right now

Bomber never got sacked. He quit and acknowledged he couldn't get us promoted.

Let's not compare Hartley to Bomber. As bad as it has been under Hartley recently - And it's been really, really bad - he's probably our best manager since at least the millennium. It's all went dreadfully wrong and he deserves the bullet but let's not rewrite history, he's not been an unmitigated disaster until this season.