All things Dundee FC

Do you guys think that whoever comes in will have what it takes to lift you out of the playoff place?  I suppose that question is also about the squad in relation to those teams just above you.

Do you guys think that whoever comes in will have what it takes to lift you out of the playoff place?  I suppose that question is also about the squad in relation to those teams just above you.

It's impossible to know GD but it's fair to say it looked as if all hope had gone with Hartley at the helm.

We need a motivator first and foremost given whoever it is will have to work with, and lift (or terrify) the existing squad.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

As it happens, the thought of getting you lot in the play-off final makes me moist:) 

1 minute ago, Podlie said:

As it happens, the thought of getting you lot in the play-off final makes me moist:) 

I can't say I share your enthusiasm but don't think we'll get to the playoffs anyway.  However if I were in your guys shoes I'd want the avoid the playoffs as they're so unpredictable.

The thing I don't understand about McClair is that Nelms was one of the main people against his ideas whilst at the SFA in regards to performance centres etc. We are in desperate need of a motivator (Which admittedly Archie fits the role for) and McClair left the SFA with accusations that he wasn't good at getting his ideas across.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

I can't say I share your enthusiasm but don't think we'll get to the playoffs anyway.  However if I were in your guys shoes I'd want the avoid the playoffs as they're so unpredictable.

True but would make for excitement in the City. Personally would have stuck with PH, laws of statistics etc but hey ho he's gone now.

Spoke to someone earlier who is a big Dundee fan and seems to be good for info. He reckons it might end up being McPake and O'Dea for the remaining games and then a permanent appointment in the summer. 

It is a funny job for someone to take right now. If this was at the start of the season or at the end and you had finished in 10th then it gives most young, motivated managers a great opportunity to work at a good sized club with good budgets and fanbase. It is a pretty attractive position. Right now though? Too much pressure possibly. 

Spoke to someone earlier who is a big Dundee fan and seems to be good for info. He reckons it might end up being McPake and O'Dea for the remaining games and then a permanent appointment in the summer. 
It is a funny job for someone to take right now. If this was at the start of the season or at the end and you had finished in 10th then it gives most young, motivated managers a great opportunity to work at a good sized club with good budgets and fanbase. It is a pretty attractive position. Right now though? Too much pressure possibly. 

I have no idea why Dundee would do anything other than that, and wait for a Jim McIntyre type in the summer.

The thing I don't understand about McClair is that Nelms was one of the main people against his ideas whilst at the SFA in regards to performance centres etc. We are in desperate need of a motivator (Which admittedly Archie fits the role for) and McClair left the SFA with accusations that he wasn't good at getting his ideas across.

Nelms and Knox are apparently quite friendly and speak a lot. Knox has the link to McClair with his Man Utd background which could be how it's happened.

I think the role McClair was in was more of a political minefield than an actual footballing task so Nelms may not take much from that.

4 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Do either of them have their badges though?

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I take it you mean the playoff final, Granny?  We should make the semis at least - Morton's recent form has been worse than ours.  Really.  

Then in the semi against Falkirk, who knows?