All things Dundee FC

My unpopular opinion is that Gadzahlov gets OTT praise because he goes to the 3 stands applauding the fans after games at Dens. 

Decent player right enough but not quite what he's made out to be. 

Edited by Yenitit

My unpopular opinion is that Mark O'Hara is shite.

I wouldn't go as far to say he's shite, but I do think he's a tad over hyped. His first touch is terrible, and he's not great on the ball. He could be a good footballer and maybe he's just taking his time to settle in and get used to a new position but when he's not on his game, like you say, he's like a man short.

Not a big fan of this "game" though. All everyone is doing is slating individual players[emoji15] Not sure that was the idea behind it.

My unpopular opinion is that Wighton won't make the grade at Dens.

I've always thought Hartley got some absolute crap when people say stuff like 'he ruined him'. His biggest problem is that he's a spectator for most of the time and that's partially in his brain.

He really needs to have a wee bit more drive in him or he'll never manage to assert himself in games consistently. That's something he's got to do himself.

If he was a youngster from another team, most of our fans would absolutely detest him and call him gutless. It's a good think that we don't give our youth a hard time like that but I think a lot of people are blinded by the hype.

I'd be spending the summer showing him replays of his performance against Rangers and having Kevin Gomis take him hunting.

I still think he's got a very good chance of making it since he's still a teenager, has obvious talent and doesn't seem to have off field issues but much better have failed to progress in the past.

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

I've always thought Hartley got some absolute crap when people say stuff like 'he ruined him'. His biggest problem is that he's a spectator for most of the time and that's partially in his brain.

He really needs to have a wee bit more drive in him or he'll never manage to assert himself in games consistently. That's something he's got to do himself.

If he was a youngster from another team, most of our fans would absolutely detest him and call him gutless. It's a good think that we don't give our youth a hard time like that but I think a lot of people are blinded by the hype.

I'd be spending the summer showing him replays of his performance against Rangers and having Kevin Gomis take him hunting.

I still think he's got a very good chance of making it since he's still a teenager, has obvious talent and doesn't seem to have off field issues but much better have failed to progress in the past.

I think he'd be better off getting shown a video of Paul McGowan's last 3 games and told "this is the attitude and commitment you need to show to make the most out of your career". 

Where Gowser is playing now looks to me to be the best suited role for Wighton currently but he isn't going to get the jersey off of Gowser imo. 

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

From the official.bdfc12415ff53c5099dd8111063aa485.jpg

Thought Skelly might have been given one.

Was just away to post this. Colquhoun is a fanny, but like you say I'd have thought Skelly would have been offered a deal. 

Who's all out of contract in your senior squad? Can't remember seeing too many contract renewals come out of Dundee over the course of this season, although I suppose the players/board won't want to commit to anything until you're 100% staying up.

Edited by Kyle

Who's all out of contract in your senior squad? Can't remember seeing too many contract renewals come out of Dundee over the course of this season, although I suppose the players/board want to commit to anything until you're 100% staying up.

Not many, most are still tied up beyond the summer. Off the top of my head out of contract are:

Nick Ross

Kosta Gadzhalov

Kevin Gomis

Henrik Ojamma (Loan)

David Mitchell

Jesse Curran

EDIT: I'd like to see Nick Ross and one of Gomis and Gadzhalov to be signed up for another year. Not too bothered about the rest.

Not many, most are still tied up beyond the summer. Off the top of my head out of contract are: 
Nick Ross
Kosta Gadzhalov
Kevin Gomis
Henrik Ojamma (Loan)
David Mitchell
Jesse Curran

EDIT: I'd like to see Nick Ross and one of Gomis and Gadzhalov to be signed up for another year. Not too bothered about the rest.

Gomis and gadzhalov to fight to the death at half time v ict winner gets a contract.

I'd take Nick Ross if he's going to continue as he did on Saturday when he came on, he was a revelation. He ran at the Staggy defence instead of passing backwards and actually looked positive. Up until now I'd say his performances have been well short of Saturday.

Nick Ross
Kosta Gadzhalov
Kevin Gomis
Henrik Ojamma (Loan)
David Mitchell
Jesse Curran

It's probable we offload everybody we can to make way for the new managers recruitment. IMO that would be a tad harsh on Gadz and Ross but thems the breaks.

It's probable we offload everybody we can to make way for the new managers recruitment. IMO that would be a tad harsh on Gadz and Ross but thems the breaks.

That's my feeling. While I'd keep Gadz before Julen, and Ross before Low or Williams the contract situation means they will probably have to leave.

3 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

I'd take Nick Ross if he's going to continue as he did on Saturday when he came on, he was a revelation. He ran at the Staggy defence instead of passing backwards and actually looked positive. Up until now I'd say his performances have been well short of Saturday.

I'd keep Ross as well. It's well known that him and Hartley fucking hated each other by the end, that's one of the reasons he didn't get a look in. You could also see post-Christmas when he was warming up, looked completely disinterested walking up and down the line because he knew 100% he wasn't getting near the pitch.

Anyway, I'm hoping that scenario has run its course and he finds a place ahead of Hateley. For my own health, if nothing else.

Thank you.

Do we have any youngsters coming through? Or none whatsoever are good enough ?

The development league results have not been encouraging, so that may answer your question. Ive not seen any games so I can't comment if there is any individual talent, but collectively it looks pretty mince.