All things Dundee FC

Absolutely no chance of Jason Cummings, any club bar Celtic would take him on loan here.

Vaughan looks a decent prospect but he wouldn't be ready for the step up and won't solve our urgent need for a goalscorer. 

Austin would be my preference out of the two of them, he seems to have had a shit season at Falkirk but that'll apply to all their players.

I still think the majority we'll get will be players out of favour from league 1/2 in England.

Edited by Louis Litt

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Absolutely no chance of Jason Cummings, any club bar Celtic would take him on loan here.

Vaughan looks a decent prospect but he wouldn't be ready for the step up and won't solve our urgent need for a goalscorer. 

Austin would be my preference out of the two of them, he seems to have had a shit season at Falkirk but that'll apply to all their players.

I still think the majority we'll get will be players out of favour from league 1/2 in England.

Realistically I would be happy with any of them. My preference would be Austin aswell but I think Vaughan would be a good bit of business as he is more than likely better than elbak

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

As well as the aforementioned Sanmi Odelusi there is, Adil Nabli (Currently at Peterborough - We tried to bring in a striker on loan from them before the window closed that fell through), Jerome Binnom-Williams (A left back?), Nathan Ralph (Another LB), Ben Richards-Everton (Ex-Partick defender), Shamir Mullins (6ft 5 striker for Forest Green), JJ Hooper (Striker at Grimsby), Hogan Ephraim (Former 'wonderkid' now at Whitehawk, striker), Ruben Lameiras (Midfielder at Plymouth), Gozie Ugwu (Striker at Chesterfield).

There's probably more, but that's what I could find online.

Gozie Ugwu was at Dunfermline under Jim Jefferies when Neil McCann was there as a coach so there is a connection there... I'm not sure how he is doing right now down in England but I'd be surprised if you guys were in for him as when JJ got sacked from Dunfermline, McCann and more so John Potter took over. They let Ugwu go without extending his contract despite him having scored 7 times in 14 matches (albeit in League One - it was also the year we finished 7th so our team wasn't thriving either). 

He's quite tall and if I remember correctly reasonably fast. He's sx-Reading and was "one to watch" when he was younger, coming through the youth ranks there. 

He's infamously remembered by the EEP faithful as we got a penalty in the 90th minute of a match versus Forfar and he took the kick despite being told no by the bench as he was not the designated taker. Despite disobeying the order of the coaching staff, he took it himself and missed... The game finished 0-0 and he never really kicked on with us after that until his release. 

I know it's just a name of a list but thought I'd give my tuppence worth on him as there is a connection but I don't see anything in that regard materialising. 

You may laugh but he is the same level as Scott Allan IMO.
It's not even close, considering Cummings was playing for Forest on Tuesday I'd suggest he's not been completely frozen out like Allan was. Continue utterly deluding yourself about it, before you sign some League Two cast off on loan, if you want.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
47 minutes ago, johnnydun said:
You may laugh but he is the same level as Scott Allan IMO.

It's not even close, considering Cummings was playing for Forest on Tuesday I'd suggest he's not been completely frozen out like Allan was. Continue utterly deluding yourself about it, before you sign some League Two cast off on loan, if you want.

Rather a league 2 cast off than a Sevco cast off.

This was brought up a few weeks ago but I wonder if we actually have improved our scouting network so we don't pick up foreign shite like we did with Hartley and now McCann. Just read an interesting article regarding how Hibs go about their transfer business. Obviously they have more resources than us hence they can afford this system but I wonder if we're aiming to get something in place like this.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hibs-transfer-strategy-uncovered-club-11758466.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Gozie Ugwu was at Dunfermline under Jim Jefferies when Neil McCann was there as a coach so there is a connection there... I'm not sure how he is doing right now down in England but I'd be surprised if you guys were in for him as when JJ got sacked from Dunfermline, McCann and more so John Potter took over. They let Ugwu go without extending his contract despite him having scored 7 times in 14 matches (albeit in League One - it was also the year we finished 7th so our team wasn't thriving either). 
He's quite tall and if I remember correctly reasonably fast. He's sx-Reading and was "one to watch" when he was younger, coming through the youth ranks there. 
He's infamously remembered by the EEP faithful as we got a penalty in the 90th minute of a match versus Forfar and he took the kick despite being told no by the bench as he was not the designated taker. Despite disobeying the order of the coaching staff, he took it himself and missed... The game finished 0-0 and he never really kicked on with us after that until his release. 
I know it's just a name of a list but thought I'd give my tuppence worth on him as there is a connection but I don't see anything in that regard materialising. 

Thanks for that! The exact same penalty situation happened under McCann's watch with us. Ajls took it when Moussa was the designated taker and missed and was subsequently dropped for about 2 month.

I'd honestly not thank you for O'Halloran. Genuinely don't think he's very good. Dangerous time to be saying this considering we play St Johnstone in a couple of days but even if he scores a hattrick - I still wouldn't rate him as top quality. He's overhyped garbage that can run very fast in a straight line.