All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seems fair enough. He's obviously a bit misguided in believing that it'd eventually work out but it's not too controversial.

He comes across pretty poorly I thought, not as bad as Gary Caldwells recent "id rather lose games than change my philosophy", but not far off it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Just read the bold "primer" paragraph. 

"Neil McCann wants another chance to prove himself as a boss despite admitting "losing the rag" with Dundee players unable to handle his demands."

Clueless, shameless twat.

Think that's well out of order for a guy that genuinely gave everything he could for the club but just ultimately wasn't good enough.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He comes across pretty poorly I thought, not as bad as Gary Caldwells recent "id rather lose games than change my philosophy", but not far off it.

He's certainly wrong in his assertion that he'd have turned it around, but I'm glad that he stuck to his principles and didn't buckle for players such as Kevin Holt, Extebeguren and Scott Bain tbh. His philosophy is a nice one, it's just not practical in Scottish football.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's certainly wrong in his assertion that he'd have turned it around, but I'm glad that he stuck to his principles and didn't buckle for players such as Kevin Holt, Extebeguren and Scott Bain tbh. His philosophy is a nice one, it's just not practical in Scottish football.

His "philosophy" isn't practical for 99% of clubs in the world, seeing as he wants to mimic Man City.

Struggling to see how you can see him say he'll back that philosophy blindly, see he says he wants to try it in Scottish football again, and then get angry when someone says he's clueless.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

His "philosophy" isn't practical for 99% of clubs in the world, seeing as he wants to mimic Man City.

Struggling to see how you can see him say he'll back that philosophy blindly, see he says he wants to try it in Scottish football again, and then get angry when someone says he's clueless.

Maybe so, but he certainly isn't the first manager to fail in Scottish football and he certainly won't be the last.

More the calling him a twat.

4 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

He's the very definition of a twat. 

Rattled because for such a shite manager he still managed to make Tommy appear like a bumbling, seething fat grass. 

McCann was a terrible manager, but I'm not gonna have a go at him for backing himself. There's plenty other things to have a go at him for such as his poor signing policy as opposed to his misguided belief that he'd have turned it around.

He's the very definition of a twat. 
youll need to explain that? he was a man passionate about his club and his philosophy on how the game should be played (in his eyes anyway) and he stuck to it despite knowing he was on his way out.

yes he was out his depth but his commitment cant be doubt. a hot head yes but that was perhaps his only real strength.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Rattled because for such a shite manager he still managed to make Tommy appear like a bumbling, seething fat grass. 

:lol: Sir Thomas's pocket was the best place for him. 

Self-confidence is fine but it needs to be supported by evidence. Surely not even the most deluded wee team fan believes Tiny Tears would've come good?

McCann was a terrible manager, but I'm not gonna have a go at him for backing himself. There's plenty other things to have a go at him for such as his poor signing policy as opposed to his misguided belief that he'd have turned it around.
or in this wording!

McCann will be remembered as a terrible manager but a great defender of the club. he did that to the extent he sounded like a tit in the media

[emoji38] Sir Thomas's pocket was the best place for him. 
Self-confidence is fine but it needs to be supported by evidence. Surely not even the most deluded wee team fan believes Tiny Tears would've come good?
sir thomas's [emoji23][emoji23]

If someone came to Saints, stuck by a style that didn't work, and got us relegated rather than change his own opinion, I'd be calling them a twat, regardless of their past.

Strange to see folk still fanboy over McCann.

If someone came to Saints, stuck by a style that didn't work, and got us relegated rather than change his own opinion, I'd be calling them a twat, regardless of their past.
Strange to see folk still fanboy over McCann.
nothing fanboy with me. ive already said he was a shit manager. thank f**k he was emptied and it should have happened a year earlier but i commend him sticking to his beliefs.

1 minute ago, ah-dee said:

nothing fanboy with me. ive already said he was a shit manager. thank f**k he was emptied and it should have happened a year earlier but i commend him sticking to his beliefs.

Exactly this. St Johnstone fans getting into a tizz because we aren't hating on McCann is bizarre. He should never have been appointed, he should have been punted earlier than he was but the one thing he had going for him was he'd continually back Dundee and himself, and there's nothing really wrong with that. 

1 minute ago, ah-dee said:
5 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:
It was sticking to his beliefs that made him such a failure. 

no it was his recruitment and interpersonal skills. why are you interested in discussing McCann on a tuesday morning?

His recruitment was based on his beliefs, but his lack of interpersonal skills certainly didn't help him.

That said, he came across as being reasonably thoughtful and articulate last night, and losing his dad while in a pressured environment cant've been easy.

Still a twat though.

His recruitment was based on his beliefs, but his lack of interpersonal skills certainly didn't help him.
That said, he came across as being reasonably thoughtful and articulate last night, and losing his dad while in a pressured environment cant've been easy.
Still a twat though.
no losing family never is easy no matter what your work/life balance is. he certainly is articulate but has issues conveying himself appropriately at times.

if only he could speak to his players on a 1:1 basis in the supportive and encouraging way he did in the press.

30 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

youll need to explain that? he was a man passionate about his club and his philosophy on how the game should be played (in his eyes anyway) and he stuck to it despite knowing he was on his way out.

yes he was out his depth but his commitment cant be doubt. a hot head yes but that was perhaps his only real strength.

His commitment was very much in doubt when he initially snubbed the job for his sky job. Then sky said no and he came back to Dundee. 

He wasn't interested and we should never have took him after he said no.

Not changing his philosophy is what made him a moron.

There is nothing wrong with having belief but if you are constantly failing and you are not learning from those mistakes you should not be in a decision making role.

He was inept.

Edited by Crawford

His commitment was very much in doubt when he initially snubbed the job for his sky job. Then sky said no and he came back to Dundee. 
He wasn't interested and we should never have took him after he said no.
Not changing his philosophy is what made him a moron.
There is nothing wrong with having belief but if you are constantly failing and you are not learning from those mistakes you should not be in a decision making role.
He was inept.
all about opinions. he should never have got the job in the first place but despite all his failings as a manager i always thought he defended the club well with the press.