All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

When Utd take Dundee over do you reckon they’ll make the away kit dark blue and if so will that be enough for the Dees to support them?

I can't wait for Clarke to leave and the subsequent implosion of your rugby team.

Will be quite the laugh.

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I can't wait for Clarke to leave and the subsequent implosion of your rugby team.

Will be quite the laugh.

We managed 25 consecutive years in the top flight before SSC arrived so I'm sure we'll be fine.

4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

We managed 25 consecutive years in the top flight before SSC arrived so I'm sure we'll be fine.

Gary and friends nearly managed it twice. One bad appointment is all it takes. Look at us currently. Actually dont. You spend way too much time doing that as it is. Obsessed with the box office team.

Was looking at out fixtures after the split (anything to avoid thinking about Saturday's game!), and I noticed that the next time we are due to play the green bigots is Saturday 16th March. I presume this will be moved for tv, so we will probably end up playing them on St Patrick's Day. Can you imagine the state their fans will be in that day? Doesn't bear thinking about, any more than the inevitable 5-0 pumping we'll get....

So January is coming up and McIntyre will want to put his own stamp on the team so my question is

What part of the park is our weakest area most in need of strengthening(well aware we are shite all over the park)?

Do you think he will go for loans or free agents?

Will he bring back the guys out on loan just now?

Is there anyone realistically worth looking at on a PCA?

8 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

So January is coming up and McIntyre will want to put his own stamp on the team so my question is

What part of the park is our weakest area most in need of strengthening(well aware we are shite all over the park)?

Do you think he will go for loans or free agents?

Will he bring back the guys out on loan just now?

Is there anyone realistically worth looking at on a PCA?

Priorities should be

Keeper - Can't win games by getting brilliant strikers if we are leaky at the back. Can also pick up draws if we shore up.

Left back - just to strengthen up at the back and not be as vulnerable on that side.

Striker - After the defence is sorted out, we should obviously sort out the fact we have one person that seems comfortable in front of goal......and due a new knee and hip soon.

TL;DR defence defence defence

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

This is looking like the day we're officially fucked.

It's been unofficial for a long time now, but today it's official.

If truth be told we’ve taken more points from our last 4 games than I thought we would.  We’ve really got to win at least one of our next two home games though.

17 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

As I mentioned in the game thread it is not that we are losing against better teams but that we are being completely outplayed.  Defensively we have gone back to old ways after apparent steps forward in recent games.  The team has regressed in the blink of an eye.

When you’re  at the bottom of the league and you win / draw a few games I’m afraid  it doesn’t take much for any confidence built up to fade away.  I’m HOPING that’s all it is.

26 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

We were always going to be lucky to take anything from the last few games. The Livi and St Johnstone games are definitely winnable. 

Better hope you do, not many teams can end the calendar year on single figures and survive. Not many even stay on single figures. You had 22pts by the 1st of January last season.

You'll not find this interesting, but heres how many points teams have had by 1st January in the past few seasons..

17/18 - Ross County - 17pts - Relegated

16/17 - Inverness - 16pts - Relegated

15/16 - Dundee United - 10pts - Relegated

14/15 - Ross County - 10pts - Survived

13/14 - Hearts - 13pts - Relegated

So you've got the one manager who survived being bottom at the end of a year, but you're also on track to be worse than United.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Better hope you do, not many teams can end the calendar year on single figures and survive. Not many even stay on single figures. You had 22pts by the 1st of January last season.

You'll not find this interesting, but heres how many points teams have had by 1st January in the past few seasons..

17/18 - Ross County - 17pts - Relegated

16/17 - Inverness - 16pts - Relegated

15/16 - Dundee United - 10pts - Relegated

14/15 - Ross County - 10pts - Survived

13/14 - Hearts - 13pts - Relegated

So you've got the one manager who survived being bottom at the end of a year, but you're also on track to be worse than United.

This might be semi-interesting come January 1st, until then it's pointless drivel.

The team that goes down between us, St Mirren and Hamilton is all dependent on how successful each club will be in the minefield that is the January transfer window.