All things Dundee FC

Guest gregteamdee
Just now, Ludo*1 said:

What's your point? Do you think we've been doing well, Hearts game aside? I'm not suggesting we sack McIntyre - I'm saying he's proving to be a poor appointment. A manager can manage a squad, he quite clearly can't manage what he has, otherwise a natural central midfielder would have started tonight. That suggests bad management.

A win tonight could have been the difference between adding another signing or not.

I think we have improved under McIntyre, I dread to think where we would be with McCann in charge, probably cut a drift on 4 points. He is trying to manage a club with his hands tied behind is back, who is going to purchase Mendy from us?  Or Elton? Moussa? All taking up wages....Last week he was a hero this week he is a villain, It's football. Us getting beat from a Championship side has happened for decades. League is far more important to us imo and gives us a free weekend to recover. 

We couldn't have played the two new boys tonight as they weren't signed in time for first game, it's a message to the board though that we are still light in numbers. 

We arent light in numbers though.

Kamara, Madianga, Ngwatala could all have played central midfield, let alone the three youngsters on the bench tonight. We have a large squad for our budget, the board have backed their managers, unfortunately, they keep signing donkeys.

A couple of simple questions...

Was McIntyre the best appointment at the time?

Has there been an improvement under him?

Id argue no, we are desperate to finish 10th, its a dismal season.

1 minute ago, gregteamdee said:

I think we have improved under McIntyre, I dread to think where we would be with McCann in charge, probably cut a drift on 4 points. He is trying to manage a club with his hands tied behind is back, who is going to purchase Mendy from us?  Or Elton? Moussa? All taking up wages....Last week he was a hero this week he is a villain, It's football. Us getting beat from a Championship side has happened for decades. League is far more important to us imo and gives us a free weekend to recover. 

We couldn't have played the two new boys tonight as they weren't signed in time for first game, it's a message to the board though that we are still light in numbers. 

Hands tied behind his back?! He's made 7 signings FFS. It's not McCann's fault that he's signed an injury prone 34 year old CH that has put him into a situation that's meant he's playing a CH he clearly didn't fancy. It's not McCann's fault that he's only signed Martin Woods to play in our centre midfield after ostracising the likes of Ngwatala, Madianga and Kamara. It's not McCann's fault that rather than trying a youth player he's put an ageing CH into midfield rather than trusting his youth.

If McIntyre was a truly good manager, he'd have managed to have kept some of the players he's planning on punting involved, until they were punted to avoid situations like this. It's not like he didn't have options better than O'Dea when he came in such as Madianga, Kamara or even Spence.

You're right, league is far more important, hence how Saturday was an atypical McCann performances with lots of nice play, no cutting edge, then getting punished by a mistake. The football has been worse than it was under McCann, Hearts game excepted.

If you're right, that tonight is a 'message to the board' then he's a fucking c**t. He's shafting all the fans that made their way to Dumfries midweek. He's shafting the board who have given him total freedom to shape the squad and brought in his own signings. And finally, he's cutting his nose off to spite his face as we could have added an extra body with the income from traversing this tie.

Just now, srw said:

I dunno I still think he's a better appointment than McCann and that he does have the tools to avoid the drop.

This game is abysmal but he's not playing a first team side and some of them are in different positions.

Not worried and we wouldn't have got through the next round anyway.

If we bottle it to Hamilton then I think we can grab the torches and pitchforks.

8 minutes ago, srw said:

No and No. 

McIntyre has had the easier set of fixtures with regards who his home games have been against. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hands tied behind his back?! He's made 7 signings FFS. It's not McCann's fault that he's signed an injury prone 34 year old CH that has put him into a situation that's meant he's playing a CH he clearly didn't fancy. It's not McCann's fault that he's only signed Martin Woods to play in our centre midfield after ostracising the likes of Ngwatala, Madianga and Kamara. It's not McCann's fault that rather than trying a youth player he's put an ageing CH into midfield rather than trusting his youth.

If McIntyre was a truly good manager, he'd have managed to have kept some of the players he's planning on punting involved, until they were punted to avoid situations like this. It's not like he didn't have options better than O'Dea when he came in such as Madianga, Kamara or even Spence.

You're right, league is far more important, hence how Saturday was an atypical McCann performances with lots of nice play, no cutting edge, then getting punished by a mistake. The football has been worse than it was under McCann, Hearts game excepted.

If you're right, that tonight is a 'message to the board' then he's a fucking c**t. He's shafting all the fans that made their way to Dumfries midweek. He's shafting the board who have given him total freedom to shape the squad and brought in his own signings. And finally, he's cutting his nose off to spite his face as we could have added an extra body with the income from traversing this tie.

Some post that, couldn’t agree more. About time he was asked the question why Kamara and the likes are getting utilised whilst still at the club. Piss poor on those that have travelled all the way to Dumfries tonight. Hopefully those that are there are making they’re feelings clear to McIntyre. 

9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I dunno I still think he's a better appointment than McCann and that he does have the tools to avoid the drop.

This game is abysmal but he's not playing a first team side and some of them are in different positions.

Not worried and we wouldn't have got through the next round anyway.

If we bottle it to Hamilton then I think we can grab the torches and pitchforks.

Cant be bothered with split editing, but...

1, So do I, but results arent better, so theres been no change.

2, Thats 100% the managers fault, he is to blame, to give him a free pass is ridiculous IMO.

3, Whats the point then, so defeatist its unbelievable.

4, We cant sack him, he is here until relegation, or the end of the season. The board appointed a joke, it was a knee jerk reactionary f**k up of epic proportions.

Edited by srw

This right here is exactly what supporting Dundee is all about.

We are working class meth heads.

We win a game and go chasing that feeling to only to end up £360 lighter and down and out getting beaten by the wee teams.

Then we win again.

Fucking love met..... Dundee!