All things Dundee FC

52 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd have Gomis ahead of Meekings but that's a pretty solid effort.

Arturo would slot in up front.

He was in my thoughts, but the fact that we gave Meekings a long term deal sealed it for me.

I was just about to post the link Ludo!

To be honest I’ve bounced back from this season already. f**k it, being a Dundee supporter isn’t about winning stuff and we all know that.

Given a fair wind I’m optimistic I’ve got 25 years of going to games left in me, I’m not throwing in the towel yet.

And finally I don’t know why these DAB’s are crowing, it’s not as if THEY relegated us, as we did them.

2 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

Caulker could and should have been one of the best signings for any club last season.....he chose just to f**k about and act billy big baws...he could have got a biggish move if he could have been arsed.

He had a swagger. He was so controlled, it was dangerous. It shouldn't ever under appreciate just how good he was. Far too good for us. 

He had a swagger. He was so controlled, it was dangerous. It shouldn't ever under appreciate just how good he was. Far too good for us. 

I thought he was a massive disappointment. Maybe helped keep us up tbf but we were always a basement team.

While we are In the blast from the past kinda mood would anyone take any or all of these names in the team
Gary Irvine
Rhys Weston
Matty Lockwood
Stephen O’Donnell
Nicky Riley
Sean higgins
(At their peak Dundee career)

Peak Irvine and Lockwood would be decent fullbacks for the top league. Would stroll the championship; Lockwood, even in his advanced years was a great fullback with a really good set piece ability.

Stephen O’Donnell was also tidy in the middle of the park; shame arthritis fucked him up.

What the hell, I've had far too much beer. How about this:

GK Schenk

RB Horsfield
CB Dyer
CB A Boyle
LB Meggatt

MF Woods
MF Williams
MF Klok

FW Wolters
FW C Curran
FW Duffy

What a choice - watch this team, or have your fingernails pulled out with rusty pliers... Moussa doesn't even get a look in!!

8 hours ago, Daydream said:

I thought he was a massive disappointment. Maybe helped keep us up tbf but we were always a basement team.

Aye, Caulker didn't give a shit and had numerous bombscare moments. Don't get anyone saying he was top class for us.

6 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

GK Schenk

RB Horsfield
CB Dyer
CB A Boyle
LB Meggatt

MF Woods
MF Williams
MF Klok

FW Wolters
FW C Curran
FW Duffy

What a choice - watch this team, or have your fingernails pulled out with rusty pliers... Moussa doesn't even get a look in!!

Was Boyle that bad for you?  He's been reasonably solid for us, so long as he's with someone who can pass (or even just control) a ball - in our case a 19 year old from the development XI.  So long as all he has to do is win tackles and  headers, he's alright.  For an international footballer, however, his ability on the ball is shocking.  Either way, though, our manager has decided our budget is better off spent elsewhere.

Edit: he'd be an excellent signing for you guys next season, FWIW.
Edit 2: you guys get to warn other teams about Woods next season.  It's the best part of signing him, other than his first three games.

Edited by Savage Henry

6 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

GK Schenk

RB Horsfield
CB Dyer
CB A Boyle
LB Meggatt

MF Woods
MF Williams
MF Klok

FW Wolters
FW C Curran
FW Duffy

Surely Hateley was worse than Klok? 

8 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

While we are In the blast from the past kinda mood would anyone take any or all of these names in the team
Gary Irvine
Rhys Weston
Matty Lockwood
Stephen O’Donnell
Nicky Riley

Sean higgins
(At their peak Dundee career)

Riley and O’Donnell would have strolled into this seasons team, imo. Particularly Stephen O’Donnell, really good player and knew how to put himself about. Real shame that he became crocked... I always saw him as one of those long-term players, kinda of the Barry Smith ilk.

Another player I really liked was Brian Kerr. Had a tonne or haters but I always really rated him. Again, miles better than Woods et al, imo.

PS. Here’s my team:

Hamilton

Horsfield
Gomis
O’Dea
Dyer

Low
Hateley
Woods
Williams

Wolters
Jordi

#thank

Edited by LiamDFC

18 hours ago, EpicMike said:

Caulker showed he was way above the level of most of our centre backs in my opinion, strong in the air and confident on the ball. Not exactly England international level but way better than what I'm used to seeing in Dundee.

Hendry had such a terrible spell at Celtic I totally forget he was actually great for us, in hindsight he probably deserves to be in that 11.

Caulker was nothing but a show pony. He strolled about the pitch with all the urgency of a DAB looking for work.

All the tools, but nae toolbox, IMO.

Edited by CanadianDee

22 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Tele getting it badly wrong again today.

Tom Duthie agreeing McIntyre should be given time.

Another article describes Craig Curran as a striker. 

Given time for what? 20 straight defeats in a row?

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Given time for what? 20 straight defeats in a row?

Thank you.

Good morning.

Heard  a rumour Fort William Football Club were looking at Mr McIntyre's recent managerial work record..........

Only however to clear the pitch pre-match after the stags have been. LOL. 

Best regards.