All things Dundee FC

Good to see the club learning from past mistakes. I've often wondered how pay as you play works - surely the player would still be entitled to a wage if injured whilst playing or training?

A step in the right direction anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Good to see the club learning from past mistakes. I've often wondered how pay as you play works - surely the player would still be entitled to a wage if injured whilst playing or training?

A step in the right direction anyway. 

Maybe it's like a bonus system, where he gets paid a base salary and he receives that 'bonus' every time he plays (or even makes the bench probably), which would equate to his 'full' salary? Just hypothesising, I've no idea lol.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just a goalkeeper and CH to go.

I was kind of annoyed on Monday when Aberdeen managed to loan out a decent-enough looking keeper from England with no issues to cover for their back-up keeper being injured, and we haven't brought anyone in.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

I was kind of annoyed on Monday when Aberdeen managed to loan out a decent-enough looking keeper from England with no issues to cover for their back-up keeper being injured, and we haven't brought anyone in.

I was scouring the market for freebies because, well, no excuse, that is quite sad, but Ben Alnwick was just released from Bolton. He'd be a decent signing IMO. He might be tempted by a stint in Scotland as his brother is currently showing as one of the very few positives that St Mirren are currently showing.

And he also doesn't look like a tramp like his brother does.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I was scouring the market for freebies because, well, no excuse, that is quite sad, but Ben Alnwick was just released from Bolton. He'd be a decent signing IMO. He might be tempted by a stint in Scotland as his brother is currently showing as one of the very few positives that St Mirren are currently showing.

Careful - talk like that gets games postponed....:oops

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sounds like a decent move, he's not played in some time though is the thing. I'll just sit back and wait.... or rejoice as Jack Hamilton rekindles his potential (specifically due to there not being crowds) and we keep our competitive clean sheet streak going all season.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Maybe it's like a bonus system, where he gets paid a base salary and he receives that 'bonus' every time he plays (or even makes the bench probably), which would equate to his 'full' salary? Just hypothesising, I've no idea lol.

This is how our deal for Bryson is apparently working.

Tiny basic wage, topped up by bonuses when playing/on the bench etc.

I'd assume goals and assists would come into play.

A win bonus maybe as well?

Sad but unsurprising to see folk slating him online before a ball has been kicked in anger.Wish him, and anyone in the dark blue all the best while with us. Hopefully he can knock a few in and gel with the other new strikers. 

I’d agree but I’d be being hypocritical! A big rough lad up front on a pay as you play deal, what’s not to like.
BTW Wighton last night was as ineffectual as I remembered.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do we think there'll be any more incoming?

I can see maybe 1 or 2 more cause of the people loaned out there are still a huge amount of out of contract players that will be dying for a club and it can’t but help having names like adam and dorrans to attract any sort of quality