All things Dundee FC

There's a Dundee fan account tweeting lots of pictures of Greg Stewart this morning and I am absolutely choosing to believe this means he's signing and 2 + 2 = 27.

Anyone else notice after it was said on here about Danny Rogers and Exeter looking at MacDonald it was instantly on Scottish football gossip column this morning, I swear they get their info from here

Radio Tay trying to claim McPake in these clips confirms interest in re-signing Dorrans. He states his closeness with Dorrans, and remarks about his quality, but McPake definitely does not confirm interest to re-sign in those clips.

I would personally rather he didn't re-sign. Not that I don't still think he's still a good player, but that he just doesn't fit into our team at the moment, particularly with the likely large wedge we'd need to be paying him too. I'm sure I'll get people balking at that statement as I am used to, but that's how I feel.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Radio Tay trying to claim McPake in these clips confirms interest in re-signing Dorrans. He states his closeness with Dorrans, and remarks about his quality, but McPake definitely does not confirm interest to re-sign in those clips.
I would personally rather he didn't re-sign. Not that I don't still think he's still a good player, but that he just doesn't fit into our team at the moment, particularly with the likely large wedge we'd need to be paying him too. I'm sure I'll get people balking at that statement as I am used to, but that's how I feel.
Not the type of player we need right now.

Don’t think anyone will disagree with you and it’s a definite no from me.

3 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Luke Strachan and Sam Fisher join Forfar on loan.

That's us needing another CH then.

Also, Dorrans is obviously quality even if he didn't show it enough with us. I'd personally have him back in an instant.

Completely understand why others (possibly the majority) would not though!

Also, Dorrans is obviously quality even if he didn't show it enough with us. I'd personally have him back in an instant.

We have 4 CH’s atm.
Fontaine, Ashcroft, Sweeney and Panter - plus McGhee who can cover there. I think we are done on the CH front - no?

If Dorrans does come back, and I’ve already said it’s a massive no from me, young Fin would have to go on loan. Personally I’d gave the youngsters more opportunity.

9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

We have 4 CH’s atm.
Fontaine, Ashcroft, Sweeney and Panter - plus McGhee who can cover there. I think we are done on the CH front - no?

I hope not.

3 hours ago, Fifespud said:

If Dorrans does come back, and I’ve already said it’s a massive no from me, young Fin would have to go on loan. Personally I’d gave the youngsters more opportunity.

I posted this on the other forum but here's my thoughts:

I'd have Dorrans in an instant. I really like Robertson and Anderson but I think it'd be unfair to ask both to make massive contributions to our midfield this season as we gear up to try and stay in this league. I have no doubts that both could do that with the help of Adam, McGhee, Byrne and McGowan but I feel with the addition of Dorrans it'd allow one of them to go out on loan. Another season in the Championship, playing every single week instead of being a bit part player and then expected to deliver when on in the top flight would be would be a much better development strategy.

Dorrans is also undoubtedly top flight quality even if he didn't always show it. I reckon with the addition of McGhee in midfield it'd give a balance to fitting Adam and Dorrans in.

Finally, I don't think McPake necessarily views McGowan as an out and out CM. He very rarely utilised him there. When he did he was MotM but McPake questioned in a couple of interviews last season that McGowan can play there but he sees his future as elsewhere on the pitch. Now, I disagree with that assessment personally, but it creates another gap in the centre of the park for Dorrans to possibly fill in the squad.

If we are to be heavily stacked in one area of the pitch I'd much prefer it to be CH and CM. When McGhee was out last season, we turned to shit. If Adam was out for anytime next season, do we have a player anywhere near the level of his quality and experience to step in and do that role? Dorrans would certainly be the closest.

Edited by Ludo*1