All things Dundee FC

McGhee’s interview post match was ridiculous. The man is a contradiction (as Michael Stewart pointed out afterwards). Blaming today on the mess he’s inherited, making it sound as if we’ve not won a game all season and saying he’s only had 4 sessions so basically saying none of it was his fault. I think sacking McPake was the right decision (at the wrong time), but a McPake managed and set out team isn’t losing that game 4-0 today in comical fashion. That was as bad as I remember a game at dens. 

13 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

McGhee’s interview post match was ridiculous. The man is a contradiction (as Michael Stewart pointed out afterwards). Blaming today on the mess he’s inherited, making it sound as if we’ve not won a game all season and saying he’s only had 4 sessions so basically saying none of it was his fault. I think sacking McPake was the right decision (at the wrong time), but a McPake managed and set out team isn’t losing that game 4-0 today in comical fashion. That was as bad as I remember a game at dens. 

indeed,mcpake picks that team today and marshall adam mcmullan and mcginn start and no fucking way would we have allowed livi to rip the piss down our left in the 1st half.

A big problem is that although our results have been shite the players were definitely still playing for McPake, he still had them on his side. The players will be like us, if we’d brought in someone credible, like Ross, you can imagine the players thinking, ok let’s give this a go. You bring in a walloper like the clown we’ve recruited you can hardly blame for thinking ‘well we’re fucked’.

51 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Entitled b*st*rds are everywhere. McGhee should have flattened the p***k.

Indeed.  But here’s the thing. If Dundee wanted Mark McGhee to do a John Hughes  act, they should have appointed John Hughes.  He at least brings positivity to a club. McGhee is quite clearly an insufferable arsehole who isn’t going to bring the club together. 

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Indeed.  But here’s the thing. If Dundee wanted Mark McGhee to do a John Hughes  act, they should have appointed John Hughes.  He at least brings positivity to a club. McGhee is quite clearly an insufferable arsehole who isn’t going to bring the club together. 

Newsflash, Yogi is not the man to bring a club together in crisis either, kicked our players when they were down and relegated us despite us being 8th when he took over.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

McGhee coming out with pish like, he didn't realise how bad our defence is, just shows how very little analysis he has actually done before setting up today.

Jobs for the boys right enough, just f**k off.

Yeh, it also goes to show how little Strachan knows about our team.  Surely if Strachan is such great mates with McGhee and has any sort of knowledge about the first team he would have at the very least mentioned it in conversation?

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

A big problem is that although our results have been shite the players were definitely still playing for McPake, he still had them on his side. The players will be like us, if we’d brought in someone credible, like Ross, you can imagine the players thinking, ok let’s give this a go. You bring in a walloper like the clown we’ve recruited you can hardly blame for thinking ‘well we’re fucked’.

1000% this @Fifespud. Eloquently put if I may add, if only John Nelm's would also read P&B for some honest guidance.

Obviously Jim Spence does, judging by the headline in today's Dundee Courier, Mr Spence is apparently "underwhelmed by the ignorance of Mark McGhee's Dundee critics, his record speaks for itself".

As previously highlighted by myself, a professional journalist working at DCT, that'd be unusual these days? What an embarrassment, a certifiable laughing stock if I may be so bold Mr Spence.

Jim Spence would appear to be on a similar level of competency to John Nelm's, peas in a pod as they say.

Mark McGhee, Gordon Strachan and John Nelm's out. We're apparently still underwhelmed Mr Spence, surprisingly enough my good man.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

1000% this @Fifespud. Eloquently put if I may add, if only John Nelm's would also read P&B for some honest guidance.

Obviously Jim Spence does, judging by the headline in today's Dundee Courier, Mr Spence is apparently "underwhelmed by the ignorance of Mark McGhee's Dundee critics, his record speaks for itself".

As previously highlighted by myself, a professional journalist working at DCT, that'd be unusual these days? What an embarrassment, a certifiable laughing stock if I may be so bold Mr Spence.

Jim Spence would appear to be on a similar level of competency to John Nelm's, peas in a pod as they say.

Mark McGhee, Gordon Strachan and John Nelm's out. We're apparently still underwhelmed Mr Spence, surprisingly enough my good man.

Thank you.

Can we add Rusk to your list of outs? 

5 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

You'd probably still put 3 past us despite your current woes

6 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

That's major short term memory syndrome, imo. None of us know what would've happened today if McPake was the manager of course, but he has a well documented history of coaching us to humiliating defeats. McPake was a disaster, McGhee is a disaster, and Nelms is destroying our club from within and practically begging fans to stay away.

I think McPake is a much more likeable guy than McGhee, but going down the road of 'this (insert bad thing) would've never happened under McPake' is an exercise in attempted revisionism that I'm not buying. We were always coming off or about to take a major embarrassment under JMcP so I don't buy any of this type of chat.

An interesting question to consider may be one of given that we waited until after the window closed to fire McPake... if McGhee was the option to take over how many of us would've said maybe we should just ride out the season JMcP?

11 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's us fucked now. The McPake legacy comes home to roost yet again. Need a major clear out unfortunately, from top to bottom.

That was last year when we had like 4 contracted players 

What's McGee's problem with taking pictures, surely being a manager for a football team you should be willing to get a picture with fans?

The way he acts gives off heavy arrogant gammon vibes.

Yesterday was once of the most disgraceful performances of recent times.

However, it wasn't played out under a manager who made the same mistakes over and over again. The 'solid' performance at Celtic obviously played a major part in the squad choices. In theory it possibly could make sense but as we know it was absolutely criminal the way it turned out.

The thing I'm hoping is players like Kerr (tormented yesterday), Mulligan (clearly not ready) and Lawlor (he's shite) are removed from the team ASAP.

McGhee and Rusk were probably given as big a shock as we were yesterday, but they have the benefit of being in the door a week. Can they muster up something to change our fortunes? That will be the deciding factor in whether they ultimately are failures or not. Not their second game in charge.

Anyone calling for McGhees head (and stoking up as much negativity as possible as many are) aren't helping the cause. Yesterday was catastrophic but McGhee and Rusk have hopefully taken alot from that. Thankfully there's three winnable games coming up if we were to get the right formation, tactics and work ethic.

Also embarrassing when people say the players wouldn't be playing for McGhee. What about the 4000+ in the stands? Any player who couldn't put the effort in for the fans alone should never be near our football club.

Improvement needed in the next two games this week. St Johnstone have two difficult games - we need to be above them by Saturday night.

Thank you.