All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If the Queens are up to what i think they are, then if the league is over come Saturday night we should tell them to shove any extra tickets up their arse when they come begging for more money. 

They've offered us a very limited amount of tickets - take them and let them play infront of a typically miserable home following as we lift the title infront of them.

The Diddy men of the Queens can have it their way. Can you imagine the diddyness of it all if the final game of the season was played infront of 900 punters when the away end alone could've had 3000+. With the decision making on show it's no wonder the clowns in charge at Queens have ended up building a glorified garden shed for a stadium at Lesser Hampden.

Thank you.

Why would we want to turn this into a Dundee home game? The decision to restrict away fans is the correct one. 

2 minutes ago, QPEast said:

Why would we want to turn this into a Dundee home game? The decision to restrict away fans is the correct one. 

If the demand is there for your home support, then absolutely. To cut the normal away allocation and still have no reason to sell it to home fans, well, that's just cowardly and tinpot tbh.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

If the demand is there for your home support, then absolutely. To cut the normal away allocation and still have no reason to sell it to home fans, well, that's just cowardly and tinpot tbh.

But they are selling it to home fans, they're just putting measures in place so Dundee fans don't bomb the general sale.

Just now, QPEast said:

But they are selling it to home fans, they're just putting measures in place so Dundee fans don't bomb the general sale.

QP are only selling Main Stand tickets to home fans. You'll know more than me, but I believe the ire was that we've been given the terrace behind the goal that holds quite a bit more than the 400 alleged tickets we've been given?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

QP are only selling Main Stand tickets to home fans. You'll know more than me, but I believe the ire was that we've been given the terrace behind the goal that holds quite a bit more than the 400 alleged tickets we've been given?

Yes, they could fit more fans in the terracing but they've restricted sales there as they don't want more Dundee than QP fans there. It's still a meaningful game for QP even if we f**k up against Morton as 2nd isn’t confirmed - we don't want a Dundee party and rightly so.

2 minutes ago, QPEast said:

Yes, they could fit more fans in the terracing but they've restricted sales there as they don't want more Dundee than QP fans there. It's still a meaningful game for QP even if we f**k up against Morton as 2nd isn’t confirmed - we don't want a Dundee party and rightly so.

And that's rightfully being called out as cowardly and tinpot behaviour. 

It'd be fair enough if you had intentions of selling those tickets or even if your usual away allocation was limited, it's the fact you're actively doing this because you're scared of a Dundee support having an impact on what happens on the pitch.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't think it's actually been confirmed anywhere which section of the ground Dundee are getting; there's an uncovered area behind the opposite goal too, it could very well be that (with a few seats in that side of the main stand too for people who need them) for all we know.

If that's the case, then I could also see the club giving out loads of tickets to local schools/organisations, bussing them in, and putting them in terrace normally used for away fans.

This is all speculation though, I suppose we'll find out soon! 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

And that's rightfully being called out as cowardly and tinpot behaviour. 

It'd be fair enough if you had intentions of selling those tickets or even if your usual away allocation was limited, it's the fact you're actively doing this because you're scared of a Dundee support having an impact on what happens on the pitch.

But if it improves your teams chances of getting a result, wouldn't you want your team to do it? It might be seen as cowardly but I think it's the right decision, is what im saying 

1 minute ago, QPEast said:

But if it improves your teams chances of getting a result, wouldn't you want your team to do it? It might be seen as cowardly but I think it's the right decision, is what im saying 

Can your team not play in front of bigger crowds?

10 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If the Queens are up to what i think they are, then if the league is over come Saturday night we should tell them to shove any extra tickets up their arse when they come begging for more money. 

They've offered us a very limited amount of tickets - take them and let them play infront of a typically miserable home following as we lift the title infront of them.

The Diddy men of the Queens can have it their way. Can you imagine the diddyness of it all if the final game of the season was played infront of 900 punters when the away end alone could've had 3000+. With the decision making on show it's no wonder the clowns in charge at Queens have ended up building a glorified garden shed for a stadium at Lesser Hampden.

Thank you.

Telling them to ram it would be cutting our noses off to spite our faces though.  

4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Telling them to ram it would be cutting our noses off to spite our faces though.  

No it isn't. I said if the league was over this weekend.

I've made plans now for next Friday which don't include Ochilview, it's not worth the hassle anyway.

They'd rather have an empty, soulless stadium (they'll sell fuckall tickets as only season ticket holders or members are entitled to a +1) for the final game if the league is up for grabs. If its over this weekend however they'll throw the tickets at us and try to profit. No surprise that the Glasgow Gretna are mimicking their 'proper' teams in Celtic and Rangers when it comes to ticketing.

Queens Park will be down the tubes in a few years and this'll be forgotten while they squat with the Cowdenbeath in footballing obscurity. Don't let it be forgotten however that it was only The Mighty Dee who evicted the money- men from appearing at the top level on their cash crusade. At least Gretna reached the top flight and nearly won the Scottish cup.

Have your 900 at the final game and we'll have the title.

Thank you.