All things Dundee FC

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Yes. Dundee aren't asking for such an outrageously disproportionate allocation of tickets. From what I gather we are just looking for a fair number. Exactly why it is nothing like the old firm. Both clubs can come out of this shown to be doing the right thing. 

Im not saying Dundee are doing anything wrong. If Queens Park are reducing your allocation from normal simply for a sporting advantage then that needs called out, much like how Hearts should be called out for the ticket pricing farce at Tynecastle for away fans.

All i said was theres definitely an element of your fanbase who are acting like Old Firm fans over it.

2 minutes ago, an86 said:

My understanding is that you’re getting around 20% of the capacity. Not sure in what world that’s an “unreasonable” amount. 

I can't comment on what is unreasonable because I've seen so many different figures banded around. 

If it is the usual away allocation given then it is fair. If it isn't then its not. It really is as simple as that. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Better to have more away fans in the ground than empty seats" is literally an argument OF fans pump out every single week.

A minority of your fans on Twitter are definitely on that path, some even trying to demand Queens Park move away from their "home" stadium simply to allow as many Dundee fans to be there as possible. 

"Better to have more more away fans in the same stand than all gathered outside the grounds " is the line they'll be going with. 

Edited by Louis Litt

33 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

"Better to have more more away fans in the same stand than all gathered outside the grounds " is the line they'll be going with. 

There’s certainly supporters buses already booked up and going regardless of tickets. Not sure what their plan is once they get there but assuming it’s a title decider with drunk football fans outside a ground the police may have their hands full?

I don't blame Queens in the slightest. It's the exact same as when we gave the Derry to Celtic (broke my heart) or anytime the Old Firm come through here. I'm not an accountant at clubs - or at all in fact - but I've long wanted they're allocations non existent.

Totally get why QP are doing what they're doing even if I think it's counter-productive, but we're well within our rights via the rules to probe the fairness of the current allocation.

Doubt we'll see any change in how many fans we get in this week, though there's a good chance the allocation offered will increase big time come Sunday.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

there's a good chance the allocation offered will increase big time come Sunday.

All the Dees will be wanting to get the best view of the QP guard of honour for the Championship Champions...

This comment will, in no way whatsoever, come back to haunt me.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Rule I27. 

Yes, we’re within the 14 days but that’s a separate issue from whether the SPFL Board could intervene. 

Yes, that would be the rule that I mentioned in my post that you replied to.

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I can't comment on what is unreasonable because I've seen so many different figures banded around. 

If it is the usual away allocation given then it is fair. If it isn't then its not. It really is as simple as that. 

If (big if) the excess allocation is being given to home fans, then its not in the slightest bit unfair.

I get all the arguments about who's right or wrong and no one is.

From a Dundee perspective though. I'm 42 and remember Stranraer, winning the league at Raith, being in Berlin for my Dad's 60th when Dundee won the league at home, the Aberdeen league cup final and the Rangers Scottish Cup Final.

It's essentially once in a decade experience for a Dundee fan and it'd just be great if as many Dundee fans as possible could attend.

I get all the arguments about who's right or wrong and no one is.

From a Dundee perspective though. I'm 42 and remember Tynecastle, Stranraer, winning the league at Raith, being in Berlin for my Dad's 60th when Dundee won the league at home, the Aberdeen league cup final and the Rangers Scottish Cup Final.

It's essentially once in a decade experience for a Dundee fan and it'd just be great if as many Dundee fans as possible could attend.

Edited by thommohawk

Not really got any sympathy for the Dundee fans, but I’d like to think that if and when Queen’s Park get promoted, the SPFL don’t forget this episode in the event of them trying to move fixtures against the likes of Rangers and Celtic from their daft wee shoebox to Greater Hampden in order that they can cash in allow more folk in to see the game.

11 minutes ago, Toby said:

Not really got any sympathy for the Dundee fans, but I’d like to think that if and when Queen’s Park get promoted, the SPFL don’t forget this episode in the event of them trying to move fixtures against the likes of Rangers and Celtic from their daft wee shoebox to Greater Hampden in order that they can cash in allow more folk in to see the game.

I cant see them using Lesser at all in the top flight.

This is the type of shennagins that appear, when total fuckwittery/tinpottery is involved. IMO.

Thank you.

eta. Good interview with Hannant on stv news, seems to be a positive vibe about the place.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

To be fair the venue for the fixture was announced months ago when they revealed the remaining Friday TV games. 

It was always going to be a "dinghy" situation if it came down to the wire as far as away attendance was concerned.

Shane. They could probably have sold 3k tickets just like part time Arbroath did the other week.

Edited by Big Gus

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant see them using Lesser at all in the top flight.

If they do go up, their home ground is Lesser Hampden since they pocketed the SFA dosh and subsequently turned pro and relinquished the playing rights to Hampden. If your suggestion is correct that they won’t use Lesser Hampden for the top flight, there are plenty grounds around Glasgow to use.