All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He started a bunch of games in a row when he arrived to mixed results, took an injury and was out for a month, came back and Jordan McGhee was having success in CM so he didn't come on until Raith when McGhee came off injured, before starting yesterday.

I think most Dundee fans would agree he's been a perfectly fine defensive CM for this level and provides a needed bit of strength and tackling in the middle, and has more of an attacking mindset than Shaun Byrne. However, Jordan McGhee has been able to play that role better of late and is much more effective going forward, so Maguire is limited by that and because we've switched to a midfield two since we started playing two up front, and that's had a good deal of success.

Aye, I've been keeping half an eye on your results as I've been curious how he does at Championship level as this loan kind of feels a bit make or break for him.

He's kind of in a weird place with us as he's on 75 appearances but never really looked like cementing himself in the side in the same way someone like Allan Campbell did and I don't think it's really helped that he's come through as part of the same peer group as Turnbull, Campbell etc as he clearly suffers in comparison. 

He's been a tidy enough player for Motherwell without ever really looking like he's the guy who'll be dominating a midfield.

From the outside looking in it sounded like it's been kind of similar for him at Dens - injury stuff aside.

5 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Think I ken you sir. Good lad.

Would be great to put a face to some of the names on here. I often wonder how many posters on here I’ve crossed paths with unknowingly. Did anything ever come of the P and B Dees meeting up for hospitality? Approaching ten years posting on this fine forum with a couple of extra years reading prior. Time certainly flys. 
See you on Saturday up north. 

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Would be great to put a face to some of the names on here. I often wonder how many posters on here I’ve crossed paths with unknowingly. Did anything ever come of the P and B Dees meeting up for hospitality? Approaching ten years posting on this fine forum with a couple of extra years reading prior. Time certainly flys. 
See you on Saturday up north. 

Thank you. 

Absolutely still in for this though. 

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

Hearing McGhee out for the remainder of the season, knee ligament damage 😥

high quality what a pisser GIF

Gutting if it's true, but thankfully we're pretty well stocked in midfield. Make it or break it for Maguire, big three games ahead.

Aye, McGhee confirmed out. Max Anderson back in full training though and Lorent Tolaj is returning from Brighton tomorrow.

On 31/01/2023 at 00:58, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wasn't too sold on Tolaj at first besides my love of bizarre foreign players, but watching him rip his shirt off scoring his second goal in the *checks notes* Sussex Senior Challenge Cup final against then-7th tier Worthing FC has me crying, I'm a fan now. I have visions of him scoring the league-winning goal away to Queen's Park in the last game of the season and doing the same.

It's still on, yaaaasss!

Ally Graham: Highly-rated Dundee kid trains with Southampton (thecourier.co.uk)

Speaking of the local papers, I see one of our fledglings is on trial at Southampton.

Win this league and it will be make or break time for our wealthy owners, I wish them well and retaining these youngsters should be part of that plan.

Cheers, here's to the memories below eh?

12thmanimage.jpg.cd8df5d10b73e0dfb25585e715ae7b4d.jpg

4 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

Ally Graham: Highly-rated Dundee kid trains with Southampton (thecourier.co.uk)

Speaking of the local papers, I see one of our fledglings is on trial at Southampton.

Win this league and it will be make or break time for our wealthy owners, I wish them well and retaining these youngsters should be part of that plan.

Cheers, here's to the memories below eh?

12thmanimage.jpg.cd8df5d10b73e0dfb25585e715ae7b4d.jpg

What a thing of beauty. Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

A quick look on the ICT website shows that we have sold around 1750 tickets. Hopefully more sold between now and tomorrow. Big following going up - please don't let us down Dundee!

I know this was discussed at length earlier on but these seasons where we are fighting for the league in the championship and not getting pumped every week in the premiership are more enjoyable for me. Looking forward to being part of a big, noisy Dundee away support tomorrow.

Safe travels up the road to all dark blues. 

Thank you. 

16 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I know this was discussed at length earlier on but these seasons where we are fighting for the league in the championship and not getting pumped every week in the premiership are more enjoyable for me. Looking forward to being part of a big, noisy Dundee away support tomorrow.

Safe travels up the road to all dark blues. 

Thank you. 

Just goes to show that if you give the fans something to shout about they will turn out in their numbers!