All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I remember hearing a rumour about all of our coaching team being punted, well, Alan Combe was training the youths at the astro pitches just off the Kingsway earlier as I was driving past.

Glad to see the observations I taught you are still working while driving ludo 

1 hour ago, Baffled said:

Possible reason for a lack of news/comms from the club (apart from the fact that we’re not that good at that sort of thing at any time) is that they have gotten “I’m interested but can’t talk until my season is over” vibes from a potential target…

Starting to be my way of thinking as well tbh, in which we're still another week away. Joy.

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I’m not liking the sound of that myself. 

C'mon now, that's not the 'blue sky thinking' on our progressive platform, that we need just now.

Thank you.

Spoiler

Surely to f**k not.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Still don't see how we can't have our retained list out by now.

Out: Everyone

Contracts offered: Everyone

In: No-one

There you go.

On a serious note, do you think not having a squad will be putting some managers off? Some will back themselves and see it as a positive, get rid of the dross and totally rebuild surely the dream for most managers, but others might think building a top flight ready squad over one transfer window is nigh on impossible so don't want to be the first in. You'd almost be better waiting until the next manager is sacked with some of the job done.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Still don't see how we can't have our retained list out by now.

Maybe the players haven't been told if they will be retained yet.

Probably wouldn't want to keep any after signing Lyall up but then leaving them in limbo. That's got bad JuJu all over it.