All things Dundee FC

I'm alright with Murray. Raith fans seem to talk positively about him and he seems like a Dundee man. All attack with no defence. I'll take that.

Also going back the the McBookie thing that @PSJ.84 posted, it's wild that he could specify that because a woman bet anything it was a done deal and that was that. Imagine doing that in any other space and it being okay 😂

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I'm alright with Murray. Raith fans seem to talk positively about him and he seems like a Dundee man. All attack with no defence. I'll take that.

Also going back the the McBookie thing that @PSJ.84 posted, it's wild that he could specify that because a woman bet anything it was a done deal and that was that. Imagine doing that in any other space and it being okay 😂

I didn't read it that the punter being a female was the key point.  

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

One of the main criticisms is that Murrayball is a bit too gung ho. We had a game against Caley at the start of the season where he left one defender on the pitch - two minutes to go and a goal down, and they run down the pitch and score to kill the game. The higher up the leagues you go, the less likely it is to work. Try that against Hearts or Aberdeen (let alone the Old Firm) and it'll be a bloodbath.

Someone on TDBF says that Murray has been approached but doesn't think he is getting the job as we've opted for someone else out of the 4 candidates.

Dunno what to believe at this stage.

Murray is a decent guy and did a decent job with Airdrie, however, the key factor which makes this a slightly surprising appointment was as pointed out earlier, he tends not to get it right straight away, if he can get a couple of years he'll be good, he had us playing great football by the end, but there's no way he'll get that at Dens if results start to turn.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Based on what?

Premiership experience (although a year) and took what was a fairly bang average United team to 4th place and I reckon if he was there this season they wouldn’t of been in shitshow and he was well regarded **by their players supposedly 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Premiership experience (although a year) and took what was a fairly bang average United team to 4th place and I reckon if he was there this season they wouldn’t of been in shitshow and he was well regraded by their players supposedly 

I don't know, some of them regraded him downwards.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Well, up against all your lengthy and justified complaints about Davidson's recruitment and tactical stubbornness which have turned the top six side he inherited into a relegation battling mess, in his one season in the top flight Courts took a side who'd been eyebleedingly awful in finishing 9th as the lowest scorers in the division the season before he arrived to 4th.

It's firmly a qualified success with the general standard of the division that year and he was also mince at Honved so there are definite question marks about him, but given a choice between Davidson and Courts I'm taking Courts every time.

So Courts is "far better" because he finished 4th, has never carried out a rebuild of any sorts, and failed in Hungary?