All things Dundee FC

20 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

My old man did say we'd used that song back in the day, with the lyrics "We all agree - Dundee FC are magic/We all agree - Dundee United are tragic".

It's pretty succinct, in fairness.

Can't mind if it was Tartan Special or Tennants lager advert . Certainly a seventies lager advert .

As much as i love the Dee, can't stand friendlies so won't be attending. 

Thinking about Bonnyrigg next week as it's a competive game of sorts and one of the stadiums i assume many need haven't been to. 

Roll on the proper stuff on August 5th though. Enjoyed the break but now i'm beginning to get a surge of anticipation to get right in about these top league diddy merchants. 

Fine lyrics that sum up the situation in the following song, knowing that i'll be a frothing mess in four months time, but i'll tell you what - i'm fucking ready to get on the Derry rollercoaster once again. Strap yourselves in folks. 

Thank you. 

As for them across the road, the firesale wouldn't be out of place at Errol carboot sale in the final hour when people are left without a penny and in the realisation that they need to get rid of the gargantuan amount of garbage expensively amassed over years. It's time for the likes of Fletcher to find a new home for a few years before finally being discarded into the skip by the owner as the recognition of their property being absolutely finished (Anti Niemi) comes over them. 

Their starting line up is starting to resemble a mediocre Championship side and whether they win the league or not this season years of cost cuts and mediocrity lie ahead. If we can't stamp our foot on the neck of these diddies and stamp our position in the City now then i'm afraid we never will. 

Make it be Dundee FC. 

Thank you. 

49 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

As for them across the road, the firesale wouldn't be out of place at Errol carboot sale in the final hour when people are left without a penny and in the realisation that they need to get rid of the gargantuan amount of garbage expensively amassed over years. It's time for the likes of Fletcher to find a new home for a few years before finally being discarded into the skip by the owner as the recognition of their property being absolutely finished (Anti Niemi) comes over them. 

Their starting line up is starting to resemble a mediocre Championship side and whether they win the league or not this season years of cost cuts and mediocrity lie ahead. If we can't stamp our foot on the neck of these diddies and stamp our position in the City now then i'm afraid we never will. 

Make it be Dundee FC. 

Thank you. 

Spot on. They look fucked, with the massive cost cutting/clear out.

Morrissey GIF | Gfycat

Wonderful.

Thank you.

Spoiler

Tony Asghar says Tam Courts was Dundee United's outstanding candidate as  club study Dutch and Danish methods for European model | The Scotsman

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

On 09/07/2023 at 16:33, ScottyDee1893 said:

Calling on aulder (than me) South Enclosure lads here. When I first started going to Dens in the late 60s I'm sure we had a chant to this song but I cannae remember what it was for the life of me

That song laid out about a hundred different ways of singing it. The "Dundee United are tragic..." being one of many. You could sing it to support a player or hound an opponent.  I am an aulder Dee (first gem, Dens 1965, with my dad, complete with highsty over the turnstile, versus the real Rangers, rather than the fraudulent b*****ds now).

3 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

How was Ben Williamson for you guys last season? A couple different papers claiming we are signing him on loan. 

Good player. Seemed to nail down a starting berth only to lose his place soon after. Good on the ball, has a goal in him and pretty industrious. I liked him. Think he’d be a good signing. 

21 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

How was Ben Williamson for you guys last season? A couple different papers claiming we are signing him on loan. 

I liked him and hoped we’d sign him for this season. Hard done by at times by Bowyer. His subbie at halftime in the last game of the season against Queens Park got us over the line. Will do well at Partick. 

6 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Very odd. Clearly no intention from either side to stay on - why not just cut ties? 

It reads like Docherty is keeping the door open and Reedy himself is hedging his bets in the hope he can get something else sorted out and if not then he will come back and see if he can impress.