All things Dundee FC

13 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Soooo rudden in or rudden out - I’m firmly in the IN camp , he’s better than credit is given 

feel like going into this season if cammy Kerr isn’t in the first 11 he is gonna be this season’s boo boy even if there are 5/6 worse players

I think his the fact he works his arse off slightly distracts from how average a footballer he is. I'm not really in the camp of getting raging at everything he does. I do think he is top end championship level at best though. Maybe a decent option to come off the bench at a higher level. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

Rudden needs to cut out the amateur dramatics of throwing himself to the floor when he loses control of the ball or gets touched. He would be a much better player if he battled back for the ball or showed a bit of strength.

31 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Rudden needs to cut out the amateur dramatics of throwing himself to the floor when he loses control of the ball or gets touched. He would be a much better player if he battled back for the ball or showed a bit of strength.

He is a poor mans Steve Lovell, his first touch wasn't the best at times but he could finish.

30 minutes ago, Girth said:

Initially, I really wanted Rudden to succeed but he doesn't seem to have kicked on. 

Plus, he's young but looks really old. 

I don't trust him. 

Still hope he does succeed but the evidence hasn’t been there so far. Would swap him and Jakubiak in a heart beat. Jakubiak would’ve had a couple of goals the other night. 

Was talking to someone from the club last night. I don’t have any rumours or potential signing targets (they didn’t tell me any) but was quite interesting around where the club feel they are in terms of numbers. The budget and expectation is for another three signings before the deadline (end August); another attacking option and right hand side defensive cover is seen as priority. Don’t expect any departures (let’s be honest could only really be Byrne, French or Rudden) although if we get more experienced bodies in, then a couple of the younger guys who featured pre-season will likely go out on loan. Particularly interesting was the fact that they mentioned there is a ‘great atmosphere in the dressing room; the pre-season trip was the best I’ve ever been on’. 

All in all, felt like there’s a bit of a feel-good factor around the club at the moment (when did we last say that…) with season ticket sales being the only slight downside. Didn’t give me a number but said although there was an uplift on last season, the numbers sold so far was below target. How far below, I don’t know.

7 minutes ago, Baffled said:

Was talking to someone from the club last night. I don’t have any rumours or potential signing targets (they didn’t tell me any) but was quite interesting around where the club feel they are in terms of numbers. The budget and expectation is for another three signings before the deadline (end August); another attacking option and right hand side defensive cover is seen as priority. Don’t expect any departures (let’s be honest could only really be Byrne, French or Rudden) although if we get more experienced bodies in, then a couple of the younger guys who featured pre-season will likely go out on loan. Particularly interesting was the fact that they mentioned there is a ‘great atmosphere in the dressing room; the pre-season trip was the best I’ve ever been on’. 

All in all, felt like there’s a bit of a feel-good factor around the club at the moment (when did we last say that…) with season ticket sales being the only slight downside. Didn’t give me a number but said although there was an uplift on last season, the numbers sold so far was below target. How far below, I don’t know.

Season tickets for me are waaay over priced, with zero help or incentives from the club. For me and my 2 sons 12 & 15, I would be £670 (£410 for me, £130 each for them).  With no deals in place, and probably no repairs to the seats that are already in the Derry, It's really difficult to justify it.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Season tickets for me are waaay over priced, with zero help or incentives from the club. For me and my 2 sons 12 & 15, I would be £670 (£410 for me, £130 each for them).  With no deals in place, and probably no repairs to the seats that are already in the Derry, It's really difficult to justify it.

Completely agree. And exactly the point I made in response. The counter-argument was the business issue for the club is that season tickets are a huge revenue generator but are not a ‘compulsory’ purchase - nobody has to buy a DFC season ticket. So (and these are just an example, not real-life numbers) if you sell 3000 season tickets at an average of £400 each, you are generating £1.2m revenue. If you reduce the price to £300 you would need to sell 4000 tickets to get the same income. Being completely honest, I don’t think the club feels a 33.3% increase in ST holders year on year is realistic. As I said previously, they didn’t say what this year’s target was but I didn’t get the impression that it was wildly optimistic.

I also mentioned the matchday situation and how pathetic it was that there was no option to buy and use digital tickets or use card at concession stands. Got the old Dens infrastructure as the reason; I said it was an excuse, not a reason and was something that with a (very) little investment could be remedied. Conversation went back and forth for a while before we agreed to differ 😂

6 minutes ago, Baffled said:

Completely agree. And exactly the point I made in response. The counter-argument was the business issue for the club is that season tickets are a huge revenue generator but are not a ‘compulsory’ purchase - nobody has to buy a DFC season ticket. So (and these are just an example, not real-life numbers) if you sell 3000 season tickets at an average of £400 each, you are generating £1.2m revenue. If you reduce the price to £300 you would need to sell 4000 tickets to get the same income. Being completely honest, I don’t think the club feels a 33.3% increase in ST holders year on year is realistic. As I said previously, they didn’t say what this year’s target was but I didn’t get the impression that it was wildly optimistic.

I also mentioned the matchday situation and how pathetic it was that there was no option to buy and use digital tickets or use card at concession stands. Got the old Dens infrastructure as the reason; I said it was an excuse, not a reason and was something that with a (very) little investment could be remedied. Conversation went back and forth for a while before we agreed to differ 😂

Fully understand the business decisions behind the supply/demand issue, however there's nothing like buy an adult ticket then under 18  season tickets are half price, just seems to be very very lazy. Same goes for the same price wherever you sit, just no thought imo.

37 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

With regards to season tickets , does the club accept instalments say £100 a month or something or is it bang on the price Is the price, pay and and beat it?

When ST first went on sale, the club announced it no longer had a partner to offer finance for Season Tickets. Instead they offered a 4-month payment plan which allowed you to spread the cost from April through to July (and charged you £20 for the privilege). I don’t know if a similar facility is in place now; if I had to guess I’d say no but you can ask the ticket office.

Edited by Baffled

29 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Gracias.

20230720_173508.jpg.58be5695c4001df76737debac14a129b.jpg

I’m absolutely buzzing about these two, don’t know why. It’s the unknown factor I think. Could have two cult hero’s on our hands here and I’m here for it. 
In the fairly likely event they are shite then we move on but beats signing known mediocrity for me every time. 

thank you. 

Bit of a shitter the club can't get a finance partner for DT's. That'll certainly hinder a load of sales. 

I just went in there and put two in the basket fully going to go through with it and come on here while waiting on account creating, read this and thought "£820 (plus £1  for getting a season ticket :lol: ) is a lot considering I'll miss about 25% of games. Now im not willing to pay that. 

It's a lot of expenditure in one go. The tiniest thought has just changed my mind. I'd probably really consider it if it become payable monthly.

Edit : Upon looking into it further I'd be guaranteed to miss the first game of the season and home game against Killie. 

Edited by Derry Alli

At one stage, including kids, I had 5 seasons. For many a year I had 2 (as you all know!) despite the fact my missus could rarely go. This season, for the first time in 35 years I have none. Disillusioned with the fare being divied up, no forward momentum. I’m optimistic about the Doc though but I reckon we really need the Mexicans or 2 out of final 3 signings to be a cut above to give us a good chance of a half decent season. 

32 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Bit of a shitter the club can't get a finance partner for DT's. That'll certainly hinder a load of sales. 

I just went in there and put two in the basket fully going to go through with it and come on here while waiting on account creating, read this and thought "£820 (plus £1  for getting a season ticket :lol: ) is a lot considering I'll miss about 25% of games. Now im not willing to pay that. 

It's a lot of expenditure in one go. The tiniest thought has just changed my mind. I'd probably really consider it if it become payable monthly.

Edit : Upon looking into it further I'd be guaranteed to miss the first game of the season and home game against Killie. 

Yeah the only way it becomes payable in instalments, is by buying individual tickets.

But then you're not guaranteed the same seat or even getting in for huge importance games.

It would probably work out alright for you if your missing a couple of games as I imagine that's all a season ticket saves you.

The problem you have with paying up monthly installments directly to the club is that you will get folk who get a season ticket then pay the 1st installment then chance their mitt by missing the rest(you see similar at golf clubs)boys will join pay a few installments the rubber the rest when the weather turns bad in winter 

41 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It would probably work out alright for you if your missing a couple of games as I imagine that's all a season ticket saves you.

Aye, I'm in a hole where I'd most likely lose out on money if I were to season ticket it and go to every home game i could -but I'd go whereas there's more chance I just won't bother my arse going certain weeks I could and then the club lose out altogether.

Edited by Derry Alli