All things Dundee FC

Just in case anyone hasn’t thought of this:

You can apply for and then pay for your season ticket using a 0% credit card.  NatWest are doing a card with 23 months interest free credit.  If you think your credit score is perhaps not so good Virgin money are doing a card with 12 months interest free credit.

If you are disciplined and don’t get carried away with your spending 0% credit cards can be a great way of spreading the cost of any relatively expensive purchase.

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Aye, I'm in a hole where I'd most likely lose out on money if I were to season ticket it and go to every home game i could -but I'd go whereas there's more chance I just won't bother my arse going certain weeks I could and then the club lose out altogether.

Yeah, I suppose it saves forcing yourself going to the last 8 games when we are already down! 

Sharing this here about a young fan who is seriously ill that the official Twitter tweeted last night, seems like the situation has got much worse. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/urgent-crisis-medical-fees-for-my-niece-bryony-18?utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&utm_content=undefined&utm_location=undefined&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=undefined

Just now, Daydream said:

Mr Negative 🤨 we’re in the early season optimism phase mate 🤪

Just getting in before the wise guys.

I am actually quite optimistic about this season (depending on our Mexican brothers). I think Doc has assembled quite a sensible squad;

Brought in another keeper,

We have 2 decent looking full backs in Frenchy and Beck,

An experienced CH in Shaughnessy and a beast in Portales with McGhee and Ashcroft as back up,

Quick wingers with decent shot/cross potential in Tiffoney and McCowan,

A central midfield group with Mulligan, Cameron, Boateng, Anderson, Robertson, and Byrne to choose from.

Robinson, Pineda and Marmite Rudden.

That's a not too bad squad if the Mexicans work out.

Probably do with another wide option and another striker, possibly someone with an older head too.

But yeah I'm optimistic, like this club makes me every season.....the c***s!

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Just in case anyone hasn’t thought of this:

You can apply for and then pay for your season ticket using a 0% credit card.  NatWest are doing a card with 23 months interest free credit.  If you think your credit score is perhaps not so good Virgin money are doing a card with 12 months interest free credit.

If you are disciplined and don’t get carried away with your spending 0% credit cards can be a great way of spreading the cost of any relatively expensive purchase.

That’s a great idea and a great post. I hadn’t thought of that and might just do it! Cheers. 

I said in the league predictor thread that I think we will surprise people this season. Our recruitment seems to be targeted to areas we needed new faces. I still think we are maybe 2 or 3 signings away from being prepared for the season but I'm sure that will come.

46 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I said in the league predictor thread that I think we will surprise people this season. Our recruitment seems to be targeted to areas we needed new faces. I still think we are maybe 2 or 3 signings away from being prepared for the season but I'm sure that will come.

Well today. Could the day , after all it is Friday and we all know Friday is signings in the door day 

i mentioned this year ago to a few people that the should start a payment scheme from mid season (january) to say may or june were if fans are stuggling with paying for season tickets the would have a couple off month to save some cash so it was easier for fan when it came to purchasing there families seaason tickets.

i suppose it doesnt need to be the actual club that could do this i dunni if the supporters clubs would be interested in doing something along they lines.

Another thing i would like to see is quarterly season tickets, 20 homes games a season 1 quarterly tickets gets you into the next 5 home games 90 to 100 quid each say

most of you will probably laugh at these ideas but its just a thought

2 hours ago, Lifelongdee said:

i mentioned this year ago to a few people that the should start a payment scheme from mid season (january) to say may or june were if fans are stuggling with paying for season tickets the would have a couple off month to save some cash so it was easier for fan when it came to purchasing there families seaason tickets.

i suppose it doesnt need to be the actual club that could do this i dunni if the supporters clubs would be interested in doing something along they lines.

Another thing i would like to see is quarterly season tickets, 20 homes games a season 1 quarterly tickets gets you into the next 5 home games 90 to 100 quid each say

most of you will probably laugh at these ideas but its just a thought

I like this idea but I guess a club would never be keen on it because there's no certainty for their playing budget and income going forward in a season. 

There needs to be inventive ways to attract more fans going forward though because costs are getting ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

I like this idea but I guess a club would never be keen on it because there's no certainty for their playing budget and income going forward in a season. 

There needs to be inventive ways to attract more fans going forward though because costs are getting ridiculous.

i think its something can be done surely i could give the fans less stress and sure the club would be about to see what sort of budget the found have roughly before or during pre season,  could mabye help with purchsing new strips aswell

Two interviews on Dee TV, including a press conference from today with our new Mexican amigos and Docherty.  Docherty singing their praises after their first training session. Hopes for them to be involved tomorrow but awaiting clearance from Mexico.

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

If Cammy Kerr plays any serious amount of football this season then we are fucked.

I said earlier in the thread that I wasn't happy about re-signing most of our defence from the last time we were in this league.

We didn't re-sign Sweeney which I was happy about  (the DABS should have come in for him) but we are still stuck for the most part with guys that we know have weaknesses so you can imagine that every club we play against also knows.

Just hope the #dosamigos are shit hot.

31 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

I said earlier in the thread that I wasn't happy about re-signing most of our defence from the last time we were in this league.

We didn't re-sign Sweeney which I was happy about  (the DABS should have come in for him) but we are still stuck for the most part with guys that we know have weaknesses so you can imagine that every club we play against also knows.

Just hope the #dosamigos are shit hot.

There’s a good chance none of our back 4 have played for us in the Premier League once everyone is fit and up to speed. 

A back 4 of French, Portales, Shaughnessey and Beck.