All things Dundee FC

5 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Mistakes and lessons to be learned. If we get the personel and tactics right we'll be fine if that's top six level.

The Paisley celebrated as though they won the Champions League. As the diddies were told all last season; wait until May then we'll discuss league positions.

Tiffoney has to start next time and I'd be giving Rudden or Pineda a chance. Two week break now to get things right ahead of Hearts and bring in a couple of new faces to improve our first team.

Long season ahead folks, we move on.

Thank you.

Yip, agree with that. 

Let’s be honest, survival is the main aim. 

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Yip, agree with that. 

Let’s be honest, survival is the main aim. 

Spot on. That would be a success this season. Looking over at Perth there's no need to panic.

I totally agree with you about Cameron. He was away to get hooked before he scored last week (he improved just before and ten minutes after the goal) and was really poor today. For me Tiffoney plays ahead of him just now every day of the week. By no means am i saying i dont see Camerons ability but i dont think he's at the stage he can be a permanent fixture in our starting 11.

Bakayoko and Robinson have let us down today (taking away anything to do with a penalty miss). I'd be tempted to play Pineda and Rudden and give them a chance to show why they should be playing.

Ashcroft not good enough again today. Hopefully French is getting closer.

ETA McCracken was up there for my MOTM against ICT and Motherwell. Was disappointed when I seen Carson put ahead of him straight away. Dont agree with it myself.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Hi guys. In August last year Ross McLean - a very good friend’s brother - committed suicide in Glenrothes. Ross was reported missing on August 14 and we searched for him for 5 days, before finding him at rest in a quiet wooded area near his home. Ross’ family are understandably devastated by their loss and that they were unable to help Ross, but are determined that for others in a similar position, there is help available. 

Ross was and his family are East Fife supporters, so we will be taking part in a charity 11s game to celebrate Ross’ life at Bayview a week today, with all funds raised for the fantastic charity - Back Onside. A just giving page has already raised nearly £5,000, and we have managed to secure signed strips for a number of clubs, Dundee being one. The strip is available below, and all money raised will go to Back Onside to help those who need it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414725625?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There is also a donations page, if you’d like to donate anything:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/matchforross

Edited by Hank Scorpio

Just wanted to say I thought you were the better side in the second half yesterday and made it a nerve-wracking last 30 mins. I think you have enough to stay up, at least. I also thought you brought a very decent, and very vocal, travelling support. Perhaps a wee bit too passionate at times! 😉 Best of luck to you for the remainder of the season, with the obvious exception of when you're playing us. 

I do think Greive's attempt was probably over the line, but I accept that it cannot be established with certainty, given the technology available to the refs at the moment. 

58 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Just wanted to say I thought you were the better side in the second half yesterday and made it a nerve-wracking last 30 mins. I think you have enough to stay up, at least. I also thought you brought a very decent, and very vocal, travelling support. Perhaps a wee bit too passionate at times! 😉 Best of luck to you for the remainder of the season, with the obvious exception of when you're playing us. 

I do think Greive's attempt was probably over the line, but I accept that it cannot be established with certainty, given the technology available to the refs at the moment. 

Looked over the line to me. 

For as frustratingly shite as we were in the first half, I thought we were very good in the second.

I'm glad Docherty realised that the three at the back wasn't working. Not unless we have a mobile left sided centre back, Ashcroft and Beck were all over the place and the space between them was mental. Beck isn't a good defender and I hope he can get that coached in to him, he over committed on challenging for the ball every single time their winger went at him. Playing McCowan at RWB totally takes him out the game. We looked much better with a flat 4 and that gave Ashcroft a bit more protection.

Cameron poor, our strikers ineffective and Tiffoney looked brilliant when he came on. He must start next time round. 

On 12/08/2023 at 17:26, Fifespud said:

I never thought I’d say this but we looked miles better with Rudden on the pitch. Maybe his athleticism is what’s needed. 
Sad to say but that’s 2 games in the Prem and young Cameron has been bossed off the park. 
Mulligan looks fit for purpose though?

Maybe a back 4 with Tiffoney and McCowan both starting. 

Rudden was full of energy, looked like a striker trying to prove himself. Nothing wrong with that.

His lack of quality on the ball showed a few times by killing our counters not completing simple 5 yard passes. I've no real issue with him starting next time round to give Robinson a rocket up the arse and let him know a starting position isn't a given.

19 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Good post, thank you. Like you I don’t know if Greive’s shot was over but I do think the ball can look significantly over the line, any line, and not be 100% over. I would have thought goal line technology must be significantly cheaper than VAR, even a wee camera looking down from the middle of the crossbar would probably work and we should probably have something in place. 
I reckon St Mirren should be safe this season too, especially after your decent start. 
Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Rudden was full of energy, looked like a striker trying to prove himself. Nothing wrong with that.

His lack of quality on the ball showed a few times by killing our counters not completing simple 5 yard passes. I've no real issue with him starting next time round to give Robinson a rocket up the arse and let him know a starting position isn't a given.

Maybe ‘miles’ better was overstating it but Robinson and Bakayoko looked completely shit and Robinson seemed a wee bit petulant at times too. Basically standing about waiting for the ball. Rudden’s running about at least drags defenders about. I’ve been his harshest critic but like you would happily give him a chance. 

Can't believe people are giving up faith on Robinson already after last season when they know that Rudden is the alternative.

I'd give Robinson a wee rest as well tbf. I'd try Pineda and Bakayoko out then bring on Robinson for whomever was more pish.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't believe people are giving up faith on Robinson already after last season when they know that Rudden is the alternative.

I'd give Robinson a wee rest as well tbf. I'd try Pineda and Bakayoko out then bring on Robinson for whomever was more pish.

Agree, not giving up faith, he just needs a rest. IMO.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He’s the best striker we’ve had since Hemmings, no doubts about that, doesn’t mean he’s a world beater, or even good enough for the Prem. And he’s young, I kinda forget that sometimes, but we know young players are inconsistent. A wee rest, coming on as a subby, is worth a try. Imho. 

It’s a new league for most of the squad so I expect them to take time to adapt to it, get match fit, gel - all the cliches. Putting faith in Doc’s recruitment that these guys are cut out for this level and will get up to speed. I’m sure a couple will be duds but not gonna label anyone with that after two games.