All things Dundee FC

5 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

With Andy Robertson out for a while, what’s the chances Liverpool take young Beck back?

should that happen I hope the doc has a plan b

They've also got Luke Chambers who was with Killie last season, he had his debut as a sub last month.

When I was looking at this I noticed that Liverpool signed a 14 year old for £800,000 from Wolves in the summer.

WTF?

Thought Pineda looked really good when he came on, got to drop either of the two up front, personally I would drop Bakayoko, not a fan of the 'laid back' look, fair enough if you're exceptional, unfortunately, he's not. Just seen a replay of one of Diegos chances, v. unlucky, did everything right and blasted it low and hard into the corner, great save, at the time thought the same with his other chances as well, did everything right, just unlucky/good goalkeeping. Doc praising him on the post match interview, so hopefully he gets a start v the livi on the plastic rug.

Thank you.

Agreed Pineda should start at the weekend, and although personally i'd play a back four, it won't change after two clean sheets. Therefore, for me:

Carson

Mulligan Portales Shaugnessy Lamie Beck

McCowan Sylla Boateng 

Pineda Bakayoko

Another set of dirty bassa's. Perfect for Sylla to step in and destroy some diddies. Definitely not a game for Robertson.

As for McGhee he's never a wingback, play Mulligan there and have him and Beck charging forward at every opportunity.

A point isn't a bad result although it may look it due to our collapse in Perth. Saying that, I don't see any reason we can't be confident of three points. 

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

9 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Totally agree no cutting edge , Doc will need to a couple of proven strikers up his sleeve for the January window , I’d try josh up front in training and see how he gets on , he can’t be any worse than what we’ve had to offer so far , also I know Cammy has his knockers on here , but he offers much more of an attacking threat than Jordon McGhee up that wing 

Get your tin hat on!!

I thought the defence look pretty shaky last night, Carson aside. Not saying it was the critical factor but Cammy wasn’t at fault for that either!!

Not only were we ring rusty last night but missing Mulligan, Tiffoney and Cameron was always going to hurt us. I’d like to see Sylla getting a go in midfield, to me Boateng looks exactly what he is, a decent player not fully developed and lacking in experience.

All our strikers are pish but Pineda showed enough in his cameo last night to be given a start.

Edited by Fifespud

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He can't be recalled until at least January.

I think Liverpool would rather dip into the transfer market than have Beck as their regular LB if Robertson is out longer than that. 

I think the absolute worst case scenario would be them recalling him in January to sit him on the bench for a couple of weeks before sending him back to us again nearer the deadline.

A bigger worry than Robertson being injured is that they recall him due to a bigger club being interested in giving him first team football IMO.

I can definitely see him in a higher tier than us, definitely a future wales international if he isn’t already 

should he go I see that Lewis strapp still doesn’t have a club, maybe not an upgrade but fit enough for a lower end premiership team

Central defensive threesome were wholly competent last night imho, against in fairness, a cute, sly and underhanded however experienced opposition.

Pinida to start upfront on Saturday and the young vibrant attitude that is Charlie Reilly playing minimum the opening 60 mins operating diagonally/wide behind him as our main out ball. Our number 9 Bakayoko appears on, for whatever reason a downward career spiral and requires to show a considerable improvement to his application and attitude to continue any starting selection.

Zak Rudden also appears to be the new Danny Mullen, nowt wrong with that, however sometimes hard work is disappointingly not enough.   

Our main strength remains within the true defensive core, whatever we can build upon that is all to the good, again imho.

Thank you.

PS, welcome back young Finlay, did not look out of place against lesser top league opposition.   

22 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Totally agree no cutting edge , Doc will need to a couple of proven strikers up his sleeve for the January window , I’d try josh up front in training and see how he gets on , he can’t be any worse than what we’ve had to offer so far , also I know Cammy has his knockers on here , but he offers much more of an attacking threat than Jordon McGhee up that wing 

An attacking threat with roughly zero assists.

6 minutes ago, wearedarkblue87 said:

Somebody on dark blues site saying that he has been told that beck has played his last game for us (for the time being) and will be recalled by Liverpool.. praying this is not true.

They can't recall him outside the window.

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They can't recall him outside the window.

He was asked that and this was his response.

According to the Premier League Handbook 2022/231, a player registered on a standard loan may be recalled by his parent club outside the transfer window. However, there are some conditions that must be met for this to happen:

The loan must be for a period covering at least the whole of the period between two transfer windows.

The recall clause must be included in the terms of the loan when it is registered with the Premier League.

The recall can only take effect during a transfer window and notice must be given to the Premier League and the Football Association before noon on the last working day before the window opens.

Chambers coming off for Liverpool in Europe suggests they will likely use him as a back up and leave Beck on loan getting pretty much guaranteed game time, whether that’s with us come January who knows?

EXCLUSIVE: Burnley are in talks about a talent-share agreement with Scottish side Dundee... as owners ALK Capital look to land a feeder club to boost Vincent Kompany's side | Daily Mail Online

Assume Charlie Adam, as current Burnley Loan Manager will be busy on the M6 driving them up here.

At his own admission he virtually had to drive our existing loanee Marcel Lewis himself to convince him to come here. Jeezo, a young man who has achieved the square root of sod all in senior football, allegedly raising his eyebrows at a move to Dens Park.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some of these guys are talented, very wealthy young players. However I'd far sooner personally have more Luke McCowan's or Charlie Reilly's who are naturally talented, and more importantly hungry to make their mark in Scottish football, at Dens Park.

If "Vincent Kompany's Burnley", (as the pundits prefer to call them) have an Owen Beck up their sleeve, rest assured he'd be playing in The Premiership down there for them.

If gold nuggets like Owen Beck become available in England, grab 'em, however let the likes of Burnley FC develop their own players and we'll do the same.

If Tim Keyes is wishing to sell a partial share in our club to ALK Capital (who are Burnleys owners), please enlighten us with your thoughts my man or alternatively discredit this press release.

Merely my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

EXCLUSIVE: Burnley are in talks about a talent-share agreement with Scottish side Dundee... as owners ALK Capital look to land a feeder club to boost Vincent Kompany's side | Daily Mail Online

Assume Charlie Adam, as current Burnley Loan Manager will be busy on the M6 driving them up here.

At his own admission he virtually had to drive our existing loanee Marcel Lewis himself to convince him to come here. Jeezo, a young man who has achieved the square root of sod all in senior football, allegedly raising his eyebrows at a move to Dens Park.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some of these guys are talented, very wealthy young players. However I'd far sooner personally have more Luke McCowan's or Charlie Reilly's who are naturally talented, and more importantly hungry to make their mark in Scottish football, at Dens Park.

If "Vincent Kompany's Burnley", (as the pundits prefer to call them) have an Owen Beck up their sleeve, rest assured he'd be playing in The Premiership down there for them.

If gold nuggets like Owen Beck become available in England, grab 'em, however let the likes of Burnley FC develop their own players and we'll do the same.

If Tim Keyes is wishing to sell a partial share in our club to ALK Capital (who are Burnleys owners), please enlighten us with your thoughts my man or alternatively discredit this press release.

Merely my opinion. 

That right enough, if so get him to France he should be jumping at a chance to put himself in VK’s eyes ahead of potentially hundreds of others on Burnley’s academy in his position