All things Dundee FC

6 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Why did that end become the state that it has now? Shame seeing old photos.

If I recall correctly the stairs and uncovered terracing needed a significant amount of work to bring it up to an acceptable standard.  It was deemed more cost effective to simply close the area off to the fans.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

If I recall correctly the stairs and uncovered terracing needed a significant amount of work to bring it up to an acceptable standard.  It was deemed more cost effective to simply close the area off to the fans.

Can you get into the Derry from that side? I don't think you can.

There's also been a lot of stuff thrown over the wall and vandalised over the years. It is in quite a sorry state. Wonder if a clean up will happen now Keyes and co. own it.

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

There's also been a lot of stuff thrown over the wall and vandalised over the years. It is in quite a sorry state. Wonder if a clean up will happen now Keyes and co. own it.

You haven’t been able to get into the Derry from that side for some time.  You certainly used to be able to even after the seating was installed.  I’m thinking it was roughly the early to mid 90s that access to the Derry was only possible from the east stairs.

ETA As I understand it only the very minimum of maintenance will continue to be carried out at Dens.  The board understandably do not wish to spend unnecessary money on the ground given they still have ambitions to build a new stadium.

Edited by Shadow Play

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You haven’t been able to get into the Derry from that side for some time.  You certainly used to be able to even after the seating was installed.  I’m thinking it was roughly the early to mid 90s that access to the Derry was only possible from the east stairs.

Ah I meant even if they fixed it up and made it useable there wouldn't be a way into the Derry.

33 minutes ago, Crawford said:

19 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Ah I meant even if they fixed it up and made it useable there wouldn't be a way into the Derry.

You can, there would be some fencing g to remove but you can certainly get in the Derry from there. Used to be the best part of the trip for me as a wean. All the boys selling so much tat and the fanzine getting punted there.

I was actually thinking today - is Dens now going to be re-used by the club? I was under the impression we went to Gardyne to kind of force Bennett's hand and reduce costs by moving our day to day to Gardyne.

If not - will the club look to utilise the space and rent it out. If so, I'll put you all down for £15k each and we will have a 24hr Gym & Nightclub to open.

Thank you.

Probably stating the obvious here but looking ahead to Jan what does everyone think our priority should be in a signing?

Striker the top priority, clearly and then a right back for me. Probably safe to say French will see out the remainder of the season at Morton but I don't think we can go through the entirety of the season relying on Kerr/Mcghee. I still think we need another quality midfielder alongside Boateng, we have strength in numbers but not a stand out starter in my opinion...that's bottom of the list though.

Just to add a few really pleasing stats for the season so far:

- Joint 3rd most amount of clean sheets. Only behind Celtic and Rangers and on par with hearts.

- Carson is top in the 'goals saved above average' metric, whatever that is, and he has the highest save percentage only behind Butland.

- Most effective team from set pieces

- We have only conceded one goal from a set piece, second only to Hearts.

These are really promising stats and show we are an incredibly hard team to play and score against. Levels of competence we are just not accustomed to. Love it.

6 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Does Dundee have a Women's team?

We've started a girls' youth team and are setting up an academy over the next 1-2 years which is intended to feed into the eventual Dundee FC women's team.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-fc/3599170/dundee-unveil-plans-new-womens-team-academy/

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Probably stating the obvious here but looking ahead to Jan what does everyone think our priority should be in a signing?

Striker the top priority, clearly and then a right back for me. Probably safe to say French will see out the remainder of the season at Morton but I don't think we can go through the entirety of the season relying on Kerr/Mcghee. I still think we need another quality midfielder alongside Boateng, we have strength in numbers but not a stand out starter in my opinion...that's bottom of the list though.

Yeah, striker and full back for sure, and see where we are with loans in (i.e. Beck, maybe return outsiders like Lewis) and injuries come January. Maybe send Pineda out on loan to a part-time side i.e. Arbroath, keeps him training here most of the time for Portales.

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Carson is top in the 'goals saved above average' metric, whatever that is, and he has the highest save percentage only behind Butland.

Wheres that come from? This is from Opta.

Screenshot_20231108_180423_Chrome.thumb.jpg.62c419df82410a4c85a38f24b0890655.jpg

Screenshot_20231108_180354_Chrome.thumb.jpg.01bad941f44518249e5d24d7bf89ed46.jpg

7 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Taken from the courier, who reference statsbomb.

Cheers.

Its mad how different companies can have different results for something that should be pretty simple to calculate like save percentage.