All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

Was that Klopp undoing the good work of the Doc?

20240110_213813.thumb.jpg.c6e8483514c15d28e242031da76aa7ac.jpg

I saw that and thought Beck’s thinking ‘sorry Jurgen but you’re not the Doc’.

Edited by Fifespud

3 hours ago, Vicdfc said:

Think the way klopp spoke about the doc and dundee we’ve got a chance of him coming back on loan again for the rest of the season 

Is this the best thing for us?

He's a level above in the Scottish Premiership and was a joy to watch but we'll be back to square one in May when he leaves for good.

I'd much rather look to bring in someone with a view to next season.

You could argue he could be the difference in an outside chance of top six however.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

9 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

He's a level above in the Scottish Premiership and was a joy to watch but we'll be back to square one in May when he leaves for good.

You could argue he could be the difference in an outside chance of top six however.

Thank you.

This season is about staying in the league, having Beck in the team increases our chances of that happening quite considerably IMO. Doc will no doubt be looking at replacement candidates regardless but if we can get him back it’s a no brainer. 

Thank you. 

12 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I wouldn't.

I'd much rather have a player who we know is class, who is 6 months down the line in terms of settling in and will seamlessly fit into the team.

6 months to identify a replacement in the summer should not leave us at square one.

9 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Let’s concentrate on this season a bit more 1st. 

Fiercely Dundee. 

Not for me.

As I watched him tear down the wing skinning boys left right and Chelsea I always thought to myself he'll be a huge gap to fill. He wasn't our player to get too excited about. 

If we get someone in this window it allows us to see their value to the club for the next few years also giving them the months to transition into the squad so they can settle in for the start of 24/25. I'll go out on a limb and say we'll be taking part in the Prem next season Beck or no Beck.

We'll see what happens this month - if Beck reappears at the end there's no way I'll be upset about it that's for sure.

Thank you.

Malachi Fagan Walcott on his way to the pars? Thought he was gonna be bigger than the Scottish leagues , maybe I’m bigging him up far to much after only a handful of appearances for us but looked “on it” at the time 

10 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Malachi Fagan Walcott on his way to the pars? Thought he was gonna be bigger than the Scottish leagues , maybe I’m bigging him up far to much after only a handful of appearances for us but looked “on it” at the time 

He looked really good, should be back in for him. IMO.

32 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He looked really good, should be back in for him. IMO.

With you on that one especially if Ashcroft goes out like expected 

also that’s that darko gyabi signed for Plymouth so that’s the end of that rumour

Couple of players recalled , don’t suppose anyone knows who the next crop of unders are our next “big thing” like following on from wighton and Cameron 

IMG_5162.jpeg

3 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Couple of players recalled , don’t suppose anyone knows who the next crop of unders are our next “big thing” like following on from wighton and Cameron 

IMG_5162.jpeg

Considering Richardson has netted 15 goals in 23 games for North End over the whole of 2023 (also won a cup with them), I wouldn't be surprised if an SPFL club might be requesting him on loan, and I assume Donald has similarly impressed to that degree as well.

Richardson has impressed me in the Reserve games I've seen him in, and I hope we do more with him than we did with Grady McGrath, who Levein is apparently planning to bring to Perth (big step up, but he's a proper goalscorer)

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Scott Burns reporting that Burnley have told Derek Adams to look elsewhere for a striker as if they're sending Michael Mellon out on loan to a Scottish club then it will only be Dundee but that they've not decided what his next move will be as of yet (whether in Scotland or England) and they're negotiating a new contract with him before putting him out on loan.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Burns reporting that Burnley have told Derek Adams to look elsewhere for a striker as if they're sending Michael Mellon out on loan to a Scottish club then it will only be Dundee but that they've not decided what his next move will be as of yet (whether in Scotland or England) and they're negotiating a new contract with him before putting him out on loan.

Well what we the point of loaning him to a team ‘100 times worse’ than Morecambe?