All things Dundee FC

I have to agree with the criticism of the defence.  Although Shankland is a class act he’s not Messi and should not be waltzing through the centre of our defence like he did yesterday.  

At the other end Robinson should have scored with his header.  The fact he didn’t even get it on target was incredibly poor.

I'd like to see Sylla and Boateng both playing but realistically we have to play a back 4 for this not to have too big an impact on the creativity side. We don't have a proper right back so can't see it happening other than v arse cheeks

1 hour ago, DieDee said:

I'd like to see Sylla and Boateng both playing but realistically we have to play a back 4 for this not to have too big an impact on the creativity side. We don't have a proper right back so can't see it happening other than v arse cheeks

Sylla and Boateng would work well with McCowan playing ahead of them behind the strikers.

I had a feeling we would get beat even at 2-0 up. From memory chanting that same chant against Hearts a couple of times and at St Johnstone then we throw away 3 pts. Complacent from players attempting to defend a lead which isn't a good idea when our back 3 is slow and poor as well as players missing. I reckon this does come down to the fans as well. The "Ultras" in the Derry I know that they are 10 or whatever but there is still another half of football to be played. Hearts are on form and many points ahead of 4th and yet fans reckon they are falling apart and that is at 0-0. Dundee are the team constantly falling apart after a lead and players and a section of fans don't seem to be learning and realising this.

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

I had a feeling we would get beat even at 2-0 up. From memory chanting that same chant against Hearts a couple of times and at St Johnstone then we throw away 3 pts. Complacent from players attempting to defend a lead which isn't a good idea when our back 3 is slow and poor as well as players missing. I reckon this does come down to the fans as well. The "Ultras" in the Derry I know that they are 10 or whatever but there is still another half of football to be played. Hearts are on form and many points ahead of 4th and yet fans reckon they are falling apart and that is at 0-0. Dundee are the team constantly falling apart after a lead and players and a section of fans don't seem to be learning and realising this.

Bit harsh on the South East Section?  It’s just the usual wind up fans do to each other during games but I take your point.  I say fair play to them trying to create an atmosphere.  

It just so happens Love Will Tear Us Apart is one of my favourite songs so maybe I’m biaised on this one.

Edited by Shadow Play

27 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Bit harsh on the South East Section?  It’s just the usual wind up fans do to each other during games but I take your point.  I say fair play to them trying to create an atmosphere.  

It just so happens Love Will Tear Us Apart is one of my favourite songs so maybe I’m biaised on this one.

I like what they are doing creating chants etc for players as that I reckon will give the players a boost. I think it's amazing that the future of the fans is in safe hands. I love the celebrating in their faces but I think the fans need to be almost streetwise or something like that when selecting chants at certain times. Hope it doesn't bite us in the arse and make us look silly again.

Young lad said that to me at the time 'wish they'd shut it with that song, it's ridiculous', I agreed, but on the whole the  South East Section are superb, love the enthusiasm, the drum and the variety of Stoney, Moncler and CP Company.😎

Thank you.

9 hours ago, MarkoP said:

I agree, we were crying out for this yesterday but in Doc’s favoured 3-5-2, which is working for us, it means sacrificing one of Cameron or MacCowan , they were both instrumental in yesterday’s performance 

personally I thought Shaughnessy was soft and couldn’t deal with Shankland, saying that Shankland has improved beyond recognition and was easily the best player on the pitch

bit of a dilemma, straight swap Sylla for Boateng ?

Can’t be taking Boateng out of the side. 

Ashcroft could and should still go out on loan , I don’t get this he’s played well since he came back , personally I can’t see it , he’s a yard of the pace Shankland strolled past him every time on Saturday 

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Game vs Blue Bigots moved to 12 noon on 17th March. That's St Patrick's Day, so no idea what effect that will have on their Irish, but not Irish support...

Well it means they'll be pished, affronted by Catholics and preoccupied with things that happened centuries ago in another country.

So no effect at all, then.

Why was Cameron kept on so long?  He had a very poor game.

Carson with another clanger.

Dodgson doesn’t look too clever either.  He simply didn’t read the game when he tried to play offside for the second goal.

Finally, can someone please reassure me that Main is nowhere near match fit? 

Overall a very disjointed performance tonight.