All things Dundee FC

44 minutes ago, Hendo said:

So what was the Dundee player thinking who, after the injury, took the ball and went on a run into the penalty area thinking? Or his team mates who also kept on playing? Or the St Johnstone players who also kept on playing? Maybe no-one realised it was a really bad, life endangering injury apart from your doctor, whose prompt action literally saved Michael Mellons life. Lets just hope he gets out of hospital soon.

Whats that you say? He's already home? Oh, perhaps the Dundee over the top narrative isnt that accurate after all.

Took the ball, went on a run and got brought down as you put it. 3-4 seconds - must've been a cheetah on the pitch ye daft b*****d.

1 hour ago, The Algebraist said:

The moaners are right in this case. We should be paying all our staff. The fact some are only interested in it to have a pop is beside the point.

If we can be affording the manpower to strike 'strategic partnerships' with Burnley we can afford to pay a kid one day a week to get their start in life.

Pish. It's perfect for someone starting up or looking to develop for the benefit of their own future. That's if they can get over not having around 9 hours a week paid for three months.

Internships are common in many industries and are usually the starting blocks. Know a boy who started off with a Barclays internship (unpaid) and the contacts and experience he received set him up for life despite no job straight away on conclusion. The volunteer will be put into a working environment where he'll be exposed to people within the industry which is invaluable and can create links on your likes of LinkedIn and no less the mighty Dundee FC.

It is what it is; if someone uses it well it can pay them in their lengthy career where three months unpaid will be a drop in the ocean. 

Most likely the person who applies will have other commitments already and sees this as a great chance of development whilst following the club they support. There will no doubt be some perks to the job too including snapping pictures of Livi morons as they're relegated and Dingwall and Perth Dungaree clad fuds as they get their pitch forks out in the battle of the play-off diddy merchants.

This will either make sense or it won't can't be fucked reading it back and went on a speil.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Was a straight red for dangerous play, was also a stonewall penalty, what did we get? The ball handed back to St Johnstone.

Total farce.

This is exactly it. How Gordon didn’t get at least a 2nd yellow, then us either a penalty or a free kick was absolutely baffling. To go and compound things by giving St Johnstone an uncontested drop ball was the icing on the cake. 

4 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

Good 4-1 win for the reserves today , Jamie Richardson got two , lamie got some game time , so all in all seems like it was a good workout against Kilmarnock 

Thank you.

Saturday will probably come too early for Lamie to start so I'd be going:

Carson

McGhee Astley Shaughnessy Donnelly Beck

Cameron Sylla

McCowan Bakayoko Costelloe

Tiffoney isn't upto it IMO and Astley has to be fit by now. Should be enough to beat the Dingwall which is a must if top six is to come off.

Thank you.

22 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Carson

Cameron Sylla

Tiffoney isn't upto it IMO and Astley has to be fit by now. Should be enough to beat the Dingwall which is a must if top six is to come off.

Thank you.

Tweek it slightly, no Astley, put McGhee in the three at the back, with Mulligan RWB.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

Carson

Cameron Sylla

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Tweek it slightly, no Astley, put McGhee in the three at the back, with Mulligan RWB.

Thank you.

Agree re Tiffoney and either of those line ups are fine but I really wouldn’t mind Ashcroft in for Astley as Cunty could be pretty direct and physical and he hasn’t really let us down. 

22 hours ago, Dee Bliss said:

Anyways St Johnstone are sh!te and will be relegated by Morton. 

2 awful performances they’ve put in against us. 

With a winner from Tyler French.

Jose Mourinho Agree GIF by AS Roma

Carson

McGhee     Shaughnessy    Donnelly     Beck

Robertson/Boateng        Sylla

McCowan

Costelloe            Bakayoko         Tiffoney

8 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Portales in the Courier:

He said: “In six months I would like to take a leap in my career to compete in another league, with another team that has aspirations of playing in the the Champions League or the Europa League.

So he's staying!? 

Wink Flirt GIF by VH1

9 minutes ago, Girth said:

So he's staying!? 

Wink Flirt GIF by VH1

It seems if we don't get Europe he want to move on again. Soon turning 28 I doubt he will play for Mexico as their squad is very strong. He has been good for us but is very slow need for International football. Very good on the ball which may mean Doc is wanting to play out the back potentially next season. I'm not sure how much we would get for him maybe only 250k as his contract expires next season.

injured for half his time with us  and looks decent but not outstanding .  I don't think we'd offer him another year the way things stand at the moment.   The mexicans have been a gamble - Pineda has been a disaster and Portales could be argued either way. 

Portales is easily our best centre half IMO. 

He's certainly not Champions League quality unless he's planning on going to TNS or the Irish league but he's a really good player for this level. We've missed him more than I thought we would whilst he's been out injured.

Aye, Portales being out is the big reason we've become a sieve at the back, one of our best players. Got to admire his ambition, but I do reckon he'll be here next season as only teams like Hibs could come in and offer him a better chance at Europe next season, and even then I doubt any bumper bid under £200k will interest us. Maybe if he had stayed injury free he'd have a chance.

Hope he's here next season regardless, I like him and he brings a lot to the team. I think any serious thoughts of Europe for us this season are fairytale stuff (still not very convinced we'll finish top 6 tbqhwy), but if he comes back raring to go alongside a healthy defence then there's a slim, slim chance that he might get his wish yet.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Hard to say how good Portales is. Yes we’ve missed him but we’ve also had Beck and Lamie missing, Coco in goals for part of 1 game, all during a tough run of fixtures. Has he been unlucky or is he made of plasticine? I like the exotic nature of the Mexican experiment though so happy to keep him regardless. I think his Champions League aspirations are slim, probs his best chance is a strong finish to this season with us and a move to the OF.