All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

Feel sorry for Robinson, He didn’t get much notice from anyone as the end of the game

He was good for us last season but I don’t think he’s good enough for this level.  I don’t think he will be back.  

The squad has been fantastic this year but if I’m being brutally honest the only loan players I would definitely want back if at all possible are are McCracken, Boateng, Beck and Donnelly.  I’d probably take a chance on Mellon and Dodgson as well. 

Those “ultras” of ours are embarrassing. Pitch invading in a meaningless game. Only a handful of people knowing words to chants, wearing balaclavas and all 12/13. Switched my season ticket to the main stand so I don’t need to listen to that drum that is louder than them. Thinking back to previous Dundee derbies and other games were there not older fans at the front section? Not many older fans go to the home games and  I reckon that section are part of the problem.

9 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Those “ultras” of ours are embarrassing. Pitch invading in a meaningless game. Only a handful of people knowing words to chants, wearing balaclavas and all 12/13. Switched my season ticket to the main stand so I don’t need to listen to that drum that is louder than them. Thinking back to previous Dundee derbies and other games were there not older fans at the front section? Not many older fans go to the home games and  I reckon that section are part of the problem.

The whole Ultra thing is horrendous. All dressed in black singing the same songs as every other team and aiming to steal flags pre match.

A dreadful introduction to our national game. It seems so forced and doesn't suit this country.

Thankfully I sit a distance away from the corner now where I was perched on the day Heffernan got the Derry as we knew it shut down.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I’m not a fan of the ultra movement and I agree it’s not a good fit with Scottish football - especially the drums, flares etc.  As you rightly point out the Dundee “ultras” are young lads.  They will likely move on from the ultra movement and hopefully continue to support the team.  The one thing I would say in their defence is they have added a bit of atmosphere to matches.  I remember many a year in the old Division 1 and more recently the Championship where there was no atmosphere at all.

What I find way more embarrassing is fans of certain other clubs in Scotland that are in their late 20s / early 30s that are still part of their ultras.  

On a lighter note, I suppose it must save you a fortune being an ultra.  One jacket, one T-shirt, one pair of trainers and one pair soft shell trousers - all black of course (unless you’re a Celtic ultra who appear to favour khaki green) and that’s you ready for the season.  No need to shell out 3-4 times the cost of your season ticket each season on a new wardrobe!

Agree with you lads on the ultra thing. The monotonous hammering on a drum to hide any singing, all the same songs and same style.  We used to have a great supporter culture here with clubs having their own songs and patter, but now it’s the same everywhere in Scotland.

It would be different if they got everyone else singing along, but it just ends up a handful singing themselves whilst the drum hammers on.  

Boy had an absolutely unbelievable cross ball on him. Could deliver the Sunday Times with aplomb into a six yard box, but that was his only redeeming feature really - thanks for the service and I'm glad we're parting ways.

I’m with Dave on these comments. Nobody wants to join in a chant with words to for example about Marajuana and Coka. Some people don’t want to embarrassing themselves. Chants that everyone knows gain the most traction are the ones that have been existence for a while or chants easy to understand like the Portales, McCowan and Cameron ones. They don’t have the numbers or a loud voice like the other ultras to copy chants that people begin to understand.

I sit in the main stand so have no idea what they’re singing but I think the ultras have added to the atmosphere and it’s good to see some younger folk in the crowd rather than us toffee suckers in the MS. 
Really surprises me how hard folk are on Dodgson yet how much slack Donnelly gets. Think we could do better on both counts though. 

I can empathise with the kids wanting to add atmosphere.. best of luck to them.. but, maybe because I'm a miserable old fucker... IMHO, drums have no place in a football stadium.. irritating as f**k.

Can’t believe the attitude shown to the YT in the Derry, the more young ones in Dens with more of an atmosphere the more other younger fans will identify with and want to be part of the Dens vibe. Let’s face it we need new support and younger supporters 

None of us are getting any younger, I remember my first visits to Dens in the early 80’s and it was the brilliant vibe from our fans that got me hooked 

Ive been an occasionally active fan ever since, usually 4-5 games a season, depending where I was living going to more home or away games 

Dens can be a hard place to enjoy football with the amount of moany f**kers in the ground.

Im up for anything that gets a bit of the mayhem of former years back in the stadium 

The team and the club need life and positivity in the stands

Update on the Dundee website confirming the current squad.  As it currently stands all loan players returning to the home club and those with expired contracts have now left.  That leaves the following players under contract:

Adam Legzdins, Cammy Kerr, Ryan Astley, Joe Shaughnessy, Jordan McGhee, Scott Tiffoney, Curtis Main, Lyall Cameron, Diego Pineda, Lee Ashcroft, Josh Mulligan, Luke McCowan, Charlie Reilly, Finlay Robertson, Zak Rudden, Max Anderson, Mo Sylla , Antonio Portales , Harry Sharp and Trevor Carson.

Main news is that Tyler French, Jack Wilkie & Shaun Byrne have been released.

The rest is just filler for the time being since Lamie has signed a PCA but he was included in the returning loan deals so still hope yet.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Update on the Dundee website confirming the current squad.  As it currently stands all loan players returning to the home club and those with expired contracts have now left.  That leaves the following players under contract:

Adam Legzdins, Cammy Kerr, Ryan Astley, Joe Shaughnessy, Jordan McGhee, Scott Tiffoney, Curtis Main, Lyall Cameron, Diego Pineda, Lee Ashcroft, Josh Mulligan, Luke McCowan, Charlie Reilly, Finlay Robertson, Zak Rudden, Max Anderson, Mo Sylla , Antonio Portales , Harry Sharp and Trevor Carson.

Trim a few, and it's a decent base to work with.

Posted (edited)

Those loyalty deals to Legzdins, Cammy, Anderson and the other chaff look particularly stinky on a day like this.

The only ones that needed deals last season were McCowan, Cameron, McGhee and Mulligan tbh. Just means the others will join Rudden on season-long loans and we'll probably have a decent number of loans in ourselves again this following season to replace them.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee